****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Wow Geordiemammy you're having a time of it. Bless. October does seem ages away though. Getting huge too, no seen ma feet in a month or so now. Tripped over dd2 yesterday as I couldn't see her for my bump, a bit embarrassing lol! Probably be wearing a tent closer to due date lol!
Had some reflexology from midwife today, she popped round for a bit. She kept saying wow you're back is in bad shape, you're in a lot of pain huh? I was sitting thinking yeah no sh.. Sherlock lol! Hs helped a little but I've been told to sit straight, try not waddle when I walk and lift dd2 less. Looking into getting belt but tbh the bamboo support on boots website looks more comfortable, and I can wear one during day too to hold trousers up and hide that I can't get button in hehe! :)
Girly, Joshua is a lovely name. Just dig your heels in too. You're carrying baby 9 months, that gives you a little more say lol! Hope you are all well. Plenty of movement? xx

Geordie - so sorry to hear you are not getting the care and answers you deserve I hope they improve and hopefully all this is just a scare and nothing else.

Oasis - you lucky thing on the Stokke I was ogling one but DH put me back in my place..we need to buy a new car as well so there are some areas we need to save on alas..

Girly - nice work on the car seat..I'm sticking to gap for maternity as they have some lovely things and all non-mumsy looking as so much of the stuff in mothercare is hideous! I ordered two dresses from Isabella Oliver too as have two weddings coming up and don't want to look too dowdy!

Fife/goddess and everyone else hope all is well!

I need some help ladies, I though my back was twinging a bit last week at work but it's got so much worse the past two days, my left side of my lower back down my leg is in agony..what can I do? Will a hot water bottle help? I'm guessing it is baby/pregnancy as I have never had a bad back before I need to go to Leeds for work Wed/thurs and the thought of carrying my overnight case and laptop is filling me with dread...roll on Friday!

It sounds like sciatica which can be really sore in pregnancy..it sounds like we are all having a tough time with pregnancy pains etc and we still have ages to go.

I hope your back eases up a bit fifemum! I've had problems with my back for a few years now. Unfortunately it's hereditary. Me, my mum and my brother all visit the same chiropractor. One thing that does help is if you get chance to sit down for 10 minutes every couple of hours (difficult I know) sit with an ice pack where the pain is. If its mainly muscular pain, cold is better than heat.

OH isn't too worried about names right now as he's convinced pumpkin is a girl. We're thinking maybe Oliver for a boy now though. Since we both agree on it. Lol.

I'm getting plenty of movement now, and some good little kicks I can feel from the outside. But as soon as OH tries to feel, pumpkin stops moving altogether. I really feel for him, he gets so excited about hopefully feeling a kick and then doesn't get to feel anything.

I know Pat I'm excited about getting it but tbh it's only cause we're paying for it over 4 months, their babyplan is great, you only pay for the goods no interest at all and it's delivered when you want, or else we probably wouldn't have ordered it, it is a lot of money but we saved 269 on the free car seat:) I'm still really suffering at night with my hips and the heartburn is getting worse but I get lots of movement which can be felt on the outside too now which dh has managed to catch only once, Brooklyn is the same stops when he puts his hand there, kicks as soon as he takes it away lol. Hope everyone is ok, back to rain again today:( xxxxxx

My spd is getting much worse on a night now at the hospital for cervical scan today still bleeding so going to mention it again and think I'm getting another chest infection breathing is terrible xx

Oh Hannah you poor thing:( hope the scan goes well and hope you feel better soon xxxxx

I'm sure it will be fine I'm like an emotional wreck at the minute crying for nowt blaming the hormones lol babys heartbeat is ok but his movement is very limited I think he is just lazy or I don't notice him moving much cause I'm always on the go xx

I was the same yest, after sorting through dd12 room to get ready to swap her with Casey's room I found some pics of my dad, was pleased I found them as I thought they were lost but it's upsetting seeing him, I wish he was here, miss him so much and the fact he'll never see Brooklyn:( I think everything affects you more when you're pregnant. On a lighter note dh mum and nan bought us a baby bath and matching changing box yest which was lovely and they're buying us a Sleigh cot in early Oct so that's a great weight of what we have to get:) xxxx

I totally get how you feel about your dad I'm the same :( every time I'm upset it makes me think about my dad more and then I get more upset!!

Great about the cot my oh s family haven't mentioned a thing about getting anything for baby which he is foaming about as he said when his sister had her kids they bought all sorts my mam has bought him clothes and other things too and will defo but more xx

I know hunni it breaks my heart they'll never know him, he was the most devoted dad and grandad, my mum was no mum to me but my dad was my hero, he still is, he just lived for his kids and grandkids, I have to blank it most if the time cause like you the more I think the more upset I get. Dh's mum and nan are all we have family wise, his grandad we lost a year ago yest to cancer and was Adams dad basically so now there's so few if us:( but we have only got them so the fact they want to help get things is a great help as we have nothing of Casey's anymore, there's so much to buy! xxxx

Hope scan went well Geordie...got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Goddess - had consultant appt today and she agreed its probably sciatica, not looking forward to this lingering for the rest of the pregnancy at all, am hoping it's just where baby has been laying!

22 weeks today though I really have to pinch myself sometimes that it's happening, LOs kick def getting stronger as well and DH actually saw one last night so he was so happy! Focusing on All the happy positives things today as its going by so quickly!

:hugs: to all

Forgot to add bad back = takeaway pizza today :blush: I'll have salad tomorrow!

Scan was good cervix hasn't shortened at all so won't need a stitch with any luck but placenta is still low and they think that might be causing the bleeding still so back for another scan in 6 weeks to check placenta got my anomaly scan before that though!! I asked about sex and my consultant told me not to do it we haven't since the big bleed anyway he also added Hannah men are easily pleased and satisfied so just think like that and find other things to keep him happy I was laughing my head off I wasn't asking for the oh it was for me pmsl so I'm screwed on that score no frolicking for the next 5 months :/ x

Sounds like a fab scan geordie...your dr made me laugh too.

Pat I love pizza esp take away you deserve it.

I haven't really been active here but watching from the side :) had our A/S and baby looks great!! Breech like sis and fairly unlikely to turn, but overall healthy. I'm sooo relieved!! And we are team BLUE!! One of each now!

Hey Sophiasmum, fantastic news about your scan, so glad all is good, another boy, goodness this thread is turning into all boys lol! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->