****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I had slapped cheeck while I was pregnant with ds4 got it at about 16 weeks you can only get it once and most people have it without even knowing I only had a slight rash on my arm but the kids looked terrible they tested me and I had a recent infection so was closely monitored if cases had it last year you would of caught it had you not had it as a child xx

Do you think so hun, thank you, that made me feel better, so glad you was ok and your son, so worrying, I think he must of had it last yr as his face was that bad, on one cheek first then both, scarlet like he'd been slapped but it was like a raised rash, it also went down onto his chest and back but much more faded, plus he had a really bad headache and mild temp. I never caught it off him then so I'm really hoping I'm immune. I wonder why he's come out in a rash now 4 days after he first got ill, he's much better but still not quite right and not eating quite right still, didn't have any dinner just a yoghurt, temp all gone though so def on the mend. Xxxxxxx

thanks all.

what is slapped cheek syndrome? ive never heard of it. is it like the equivalent of getting chicken pox or something?

Mizcee I'd never heard of it til last year! Yes it's another child illness, well mainly child illness, usually you get it in childhood, it's caused by a virus and you are contagious before the rash develops where the child may have fever, headache, sore throat, when the rash appears its quite startling to look at and it gets its name simple from the fact the child looks like they've been slapped round the face. Adults can catch it and it can be more severe with joint pain, if caught before pregnancy week 20 it can increase mc risk plus there is a chance the baby can become aneamic and have problems. That's why I was worried as my son has the same symptoms but without the severe rash he had last yr xxxxx

We are all having a tough time with childhood diseases causing worry.

I am sure its just fine oasis, there are so many childhood diseases that cause a rash. If he had slapped cheek last year I am sure its not that again.

Oasis you might not of even noticed if you caught it All I had was a tiny rash on my arm no where else and it was there on the night time gone by the morning then Dfs
1 was sent home with a redder than red face it was the docs who suggested I get checked after I said about my rash!! My kids weren't bad with it at all no symptoms other than the redness on the face and a rash that covered the rest of their body for well over a week but that rash varies but is like a viral rash that's what casey could have now a viral rash if you aren't sure just ask your go to do the blood test to see of you are immune!!

I have a very swollen leg and foot think I may ring the midwife to get it checked just with me having blood clotting problems and my dad had a dvt just before he died :/ x

Thank you ladies, as always you make me feel so much better, I don't know what I'd do without you:) xxxxx
Hannah I am always concerned about dvt, as I have such poor valves and varicose veins in my right leg it's always slightly swollen, when I was first pregnant I had thrombophlebitis in it and it was agony, I was up the hospital a few times as I was so worried about dvt. It's been ok since but I wear compression stockings everyday (not the most attractive but they work). I'm v much hoping it's not that and one leg can swell more than the other in pregnancy, hopefully you can get checked out to out your mind at rest. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Apparently my blood clots too much generally that's why I had heparin shots daily throughout this pregnancy until I had that bleed and then they stopped them in case it made it worse!! Eee the stuff we put ourselves through!! But at least when I was on the injections I didn't worry as much cause I knew it was thinning my blood my legs hurt all the time I may try the pressure socks I'm past caring about what I look like pmsl as I'm totally sporting the whale look if I wear black and white I look like shamoo haha.

How's the little dude today?? Xx

Current Attachments (26.7 KB)
image.jpg (26.7 KB)
Baby Harvey at 21weeks his neck looks really long placenta has moved too and bleeding seems to have stopped :) all looked good an the scan thank god x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2
That's such a beautiful pic Hannah, he looks so peaceful lying back chilling out lol, bless him xxxx
Yes me too I don't really care what the stockings look like, they work! I got them via docs and they really control the swelling, I had Cellulitis just before my first pregnancy I lost last year which was awful, I had antibiotics and had to have my feet elevated for three days, I haven't had it again thankgod but I do worry, so I wear them everyday, you must put them on first thing you wake up before any swelling, dh quite likes them lol. I'm feeling v fat today! I've put on 12lb now but I'm still in my normal clothes apart from trousers which are a 16 cause of my bump, but I've def put a little on my hips, oh well! I'm still wearing size 12 tops and tracksuit tops though! Odd. I was hoping to only put on a stone but I reckon it'll be 2 at this rate lol. Dh says it will all go after and I look beautiful, he says my face is thinner than before so perhaps I'm just a bloated ball lol xxxxx

I've neva lost weight, I was a size 8 at 18 with dd 22 and put on 2 stone, I was back to my pre pregnancy weight 2 weeks after the birth (those were the days lol) with dd 12 I started at size 12 but had such severe spd I couldn't walk or barely move last 3 months so I was huge and prob put on about 4 stone. With Casey I was a size 8 to start and put on 3 stone, lost it quickly after, and now I started at a size 14 and 12lb on so far. I feel v fat! Xxxx

I've never been small size 12-14 when I had the first 11 years ago and just got fatter ever since lmao I was a size 24 before I fell pregnant with ds 4 and an 18 2 weeks after he was born but put a lot back on thanks to the pill injection I'm determine to lose after this lo want to be at a size 14-16 cause I'm quiet tall I carry weight well never had a massive belly I'm just generally big built for a woman which I hate but just got to make the best of it x

Lovely scan pic, he does look totally chilled out.

I lost about 12lb when I weighed myself about a month ago but I am pretty sure I have put quite a bit of that back on again..I need to weigh myself to see.

I know Hannah me too, we can support each other after:) wouldn't want to lose contact with you ladies, I want to get back to a 12 I don't want to be a super skinny 8 again it's just too boring! I've lost 4 stone then 3 stone on slimming world so I might try that again after xxx

Goddess will be interested to know if you've put any back on xxx
I think.my Braxton Hicks have started, last night and tonight I've felt the same painless tightenings xxx

Oh and years ago I had Depa Provera I think it's called contraceptive injection, my god I put on loads weight, never again! Not taken contraception since, I was 20 then xxxx

It piles the weight on I thought I had got away with it as put nothing on with the first one then after the second I was putting it on at an alarming rate and never been able to shift it but after this baby comes I'm determine to get it all off xx

Goddess just letting you know I have closed my fb my family are morons we'll one imparticular who I certainly won't ever be speaking to again they say you can't choose your family well I bloody well can lol xx

Oasis I get tightening and panic all the time I think I'm still a bit early to be getting them :/ I just seen your message about keeping in touch afterwards lol it would be nice!!

I have tried slimming world a few times stick to the diet lose nothing then one weekend I went on a bender and drank the worst thing possible wkd I think I had 15 big bottles of it and ate nowt but kebabs and pizzas was dreading weight in on the Monday got weighed and had lost 7lb work that one out lol if I ever feel not wiped out I'm going to try and get on the treadmill daily while pregnant and try and strengthen my back that way just gradually though I think ten minutes a day for a week and then up it to 15 a day and so on then hopefully once baby comes ill easily be able to do an hour on it and maybe even run haha xx

Oh god I just realised I never did go back and try to log into fb! Talk about baby brain:( am.totally feeling you in the family thing, I say I have no family now and yes I've lost my dad and nan but my mother (I use the term loosely) and sister are alive and well, I've not spoken to them for over a year now. It's such a long story but my childhood was v bad thanks to my mum (she was an alcoholic) and my sister treated me v badly. I tried for yrs to make my sister love me but she had not the slightest bit of interest in me or my kids, she was awful to me growing up, when I met Adam she was so jealous, cause of his age and the fact that he's such a wonderful person she hated me even more for being happy, despite the fact I've been the victim of domestic violence all my life til meeting Adam. She spent my wedding day with a face like a slapped arse, left my reception after an hour, that was it for me, I'd had enough. We didn't speak for 2 months then she got in touch asking to be sisters again but telling me shell always have a massive problem with me, I said thanks but no thanks after 40 yrs I'm better off out of it. My mum went mad, blamed me, and never spoke to me again, I lost the baby a few weeks after that. So......... I def agree, you can't pick your family hun. Sorry though, you don't need anymore stress right now xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->