****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Poor little guy. Glad he is a bit better but its always exhausting when the kids are unwell and your up all night, that was me last week.

If my kids are vomiting at all, I do plain toast with scraping of margarine and usually 'special juice' basically a sports drink with all the added electrolytes which is exactly the same as pedialyte when they lose a lot of fluids and a fraction of the cost. My kids think I am magic and they ask for it when they feel poorly. They only get it if vomiting and diarrhea and once the horrible spell has finished.

Dreamer a vacation sounds wonderful. I have the last 2 weeks of August off with DH and hoping to do something. Obviously won't be able to fly anywhere but if we don't go away which finances might not allow we will certainly do lots of nice day trips. There are lots of lovely beaches and out door pools etc around here. We can take our little portable BBQ with us and it will be quite nice.

Geordie sounds like you have been super busy.

My plan for this week is to try and make a cleaning rota mainly for myself but also for my hubby to do little bits too...have no idea where to start. I want to keep a clean house with doing a few bits every day that is not going to take me hours.

Thanks goddess, at least I managed to get him to have some Calpol by mixing it with strawberry yoghurt so that helped him a bit, he's a nightmare to help when he's ill! Will remember that about the sports drinks:) xxx
That's a good idea about a Rota, it gives you somewhere to start, I know what you mean about not knowing where to start, sometimes I go to bed leaving stuff for the morning as I'm too exhausted, then I get up and don't know where to start, I absolutely HATE cleaning the bathroom but I love to Hoover:) my dd 12 has chores 5 days a week for which she gets paid, so that helps and of course dh does the shopping, cooking and garden, rubbish etc so he's a great help, he's just been.offered another job, I don't think he's been for an interview yet without getting it lol, it's for security as he has a licence for that too so whilst the money will be handy it's early hours so I'm hoping they'll be understanding when Brooklyn is born and let him change his hours slightly so he can take Casey to school, I couldn't do a thing after Casey's forceps delivery let alone push a new born up all the hills to Casey's Infant school! Xxxxxxx

Well jake ds4 is down with a bug now he has played out all day and my man took him for his tea and only been away an hour and rang asking oh to pick him up she says he is burning up and refusing to eat even chocolate which is unlike him :(

Goddess I tried the rota and I looked at it each day and thought god I'm just to tired lol I have told oh that I'm doing no housework on a weekend so if I keep on top of it during the week he does it at weekends oasis I also make all of mine do chores they get £5 a week pocket money but they have to empty and fill the dishwasher keep their rooms in an ok state and bring all the washing down stairs they also have to clean the table after eating and Hoover sometimes as it hurts my back even ds4 helps out he swaps the washing from the washer to drier and stuff like that x

Oh no not your little man too:( just took Casey's temp and it was 100.45, spoke to NHS direct earlier she said I've got get him to drink no matter what but it's just taken half hour get him to eat a tiny yoghurt with Calpol mixed in and some juice, it's stressing me out now! No sleep doesn't help plus I've had some mild tightenings in my pelvis this aft which I don't like! Not a good day:( glad your lot help you that's really good, Georgia walks the dog for half hour, Hoover's upstairs, tidys up and sweeps out the front, she also plays with Casey for an hour which is a big help so she earns her money but she likes to help:) dh has taken Casey in the garden hoping the cool air might get his temp down xxxxx

Try the lucozade sport or another drink with the same things in its something new so he might have it no bother and as for the calpol I sometimes have to pin jake down to get it in him!! You need to give I'm ibruphen too that with calpol works much better to bring the temp down xx

hope you get that temp down then he can drink.

all our sick kids its hard.

cant wait till i get mine to do chores.

Well jake has been up 3 times already so guess its my turn to be up all night :( xx

hi all, its been a while since ive posted. life is extremely chaotic this time of year for my family. cant wait to catch up on how u have all been.

I received some troubling news today at a follow up ultrasound for the things that couldn't be seen on last months ultrasound. So I came down with the flu last Monday night, and this seriously has to be the worst bug ive caught since I can remember. it just hit me and my stomach was doing crazyyyyyy things. I kept throwing up, I thought I had food poisoning because I had just came home from a BBQ. I ended up in the er, they checked me in the birthing center first and said baby looked good and sent me over there to be treated. I recovered after about 4 days of clear liquid diet, now back to my normal self I was just expecting to finish up seeing everything they didn't get to see last time. Everything looked good Shes active and everything was fine, except they pushed my due date back a week to October 13th, My cervix looked short so they ended up doing a pelvic exam after the US and doc found my cervix has started to open.

So now im on bedrest, scared to death, now being considered 22 wks 1 day. they say if I last til 24 weeks she will talk about hospitalizing me for the rest of my pregnancy or as long as my cervix will hold out, at 25 weeks the baby will start getting steroids for her lungs. but that's all if I can make it another 2 to 3 weeks because the baby isn't considered to have a chance until 25 wks.

They think the flu may have contributed to the problem but you never know. im so overwhelmed at the whole thing. Im in disbelief this is even happening. I don't know how you just check out of life for possibly months at a time when your a mom and wife. how do you do that? and of course im praying I make it to the time where I go stay in the hospital, but then what? how is this whole thing going to pan out? I am terrified. I was just watching her yawn and kick her feet and stretch out her fingers and point and tilt her head back. I don't know what to say. and now im also scared of every little pain too how am I going to know when something is wrong. who knows! a whole lot of thinking and not a lot of doing is whats going to be happening I guess!

Why have they not offered you a stitch that's normal precedure in this case how open was your cervix?? And where are you from as most places will consider a baby viable from 24 weeks in some places it's 23 x

Sorry to hear you're going through the mizcee. I hope you're okay. You haven't got long until you reach v-day.

I was wondering why you haven't had a cervical stitch, I know my friend had an incompetent cervix and she had a cervical stitch at about 18 weeks as far as I can remember. She had to finish work early but it allowed her to be home.

Keep rested hun. Thinking of you! xx

Not entirely sure why they wouldn't do a stitch either, perhaps because its already opening. Thinking of you, its awful.

I cant imagine what you are going through. Thinking of you and your little one.

They can put a stitch in as long as your under 4cm dilated there is a thread on here in gestational complications take a look I was on it as thought I would need a stitch x

Yes I thought the very same thing that they could put a stitch in? Maybe ite worth asking:) sending you loads luv xxxxx

both the high risk doc and the reg ob think the risks for getting the stitch far out weigh the benefits in my case, they said in some cases of women who have incompetent cervix it does wonders but it needs to be done early, or earlier than i am, and the main thing is if they go in and do a stitch to already tender cervix they can damage the cervix worse, or pop the water n then its game over, they said for someone in my situation they don't think it would help even if it was in, instead they have me on progesterone suppositories (sp)? they said its the only thing that has truly been found to have positive results.

so i saw both docs again today. ive been a complete a total mess and i needed more answers. im feeling much better about things. i really feel like everything is going to be okay. the flu kicked my butt and they think that's why this happened, if that's the case i could very well just stay dilated where i am at and go about my pregnancy normally and be fine. they are going to monitor me closely for the next few weeks if nothing changes they have every reason to believe that is the case. she was hopefull since i have given birth to a full term baby before, and she said my cervix didn't feel like someone whos about to go into labor right away, as in the next week, but officially i am dilated to 1 25% effaced and my cervix length has shortened. i guess its just wait and see for now but i have faith everything is going to be just fine.

thanks for listening all. i don't think ive ever been so scared. its weird to feel fine and normal and be told something could b going very wrong.

That does sound much more positive and it makes sense when you explain it why a stitch would not be appropriate.

I really hope that everything is ok in the next few weeks. It sounds like they are taking good care of you.

I agree sounding much more positive today and sounds like you are being very well looked after xxxxxx

Mizcee - so sorry to hear you are having a difficult time, but really pleased it sounds more positive today. Sending you hugs xx

How is everyone else today, my lo has been super active today:) my back is playing up today, washing up was hard! I can't reach the sink properly lol. Xxxxx

LO is getting more and more active too, and so far out of my 3 pregnancies he/she is the most active of all.

Not too bad right now, pelvic bone pain is getting a bit more painful although its worse on my left hand side, not sure if its related to lying in bed on that side more. I have a pregnancy body pillow that is lying on the floor next to my bed, not helping much there. Must get it into my bed tonight.

Yes me too goddess, but I use the pregnancy pillow to prop myself up at night. Casey has come out in a blotchy rash on his face today and and slightly on his chest, even though he's fine in himself the rash is now making me worry about Slapped Cheek Syndrome, cause he had a fever, sore throat and headache and now this rash, but he had a bad case of Slapped Cheek we think last Nov, he literally did look like he'd been slapped in the face, apparently you only get it once, perhaps it's just coincidence but it's worrying me as there can be quite severe implications for the baby if you catch whilst pregnant, usually before 20 weeks but even so. Worrying:( xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->