****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

I think I have done well not to gain any so far even if I just maintain it its better than nothing I guess oasis I have the tablets and the liquid both work for about half an hour then the heartburn is back rennies work for a bit longer but not much the best thing is that peptac but as I'm taking it I'm bringing it back up cause of the texture of it lol my hay fever is really bad today seen doc on Friday and the advised not to take anything for it :( eee all I do is moan x

You're not moaning hun! You're really going through it, just wish I could help:( I know what you mean when my heartburn is severe the gaviscon only works for a bit, I've been avoiding, tomato sauce, beans, spices etc as they all seem to make it a lot worse. I find the Gaviscon tablets better than liquid, Gaviscon Advance, also I don't lay down after eating and sleep propped right up with my body pillow. My dd 12 hayfever is v bad today and was yest, it's so muggy out there it's awful! Didn't go to sleep til 4am, dunno why, just wide awake, knackered now, the birds were singing when I went sleep lol. I seem to be holding so much water, I'm not v happy with my body image right now and to top it off yest in town I went to the loo, usually it's 20p but pregnant woman go free, the attendant squinted at my stomach, I turned to the side and she said oh right ok then, I said do I not look pregnant from the front then just fat and she laughed, take that as a yes then! Dh said she's daft and I look pregnant but it still hurt, stupid woman:( xxxx

Wait you have to pay to use the toilet if not pregnant that's a bit much lol and I'm sure the saying is spend a penny not 20p lol she is stupid people shouldn't even question if your pregnant and I'm sure you don't look fat!! I had a terrible night went to bed about 10:30 then Charlie was up at 1 complaining of his arm so had to go down stairs and get the medicine then took ages to go back to sleep then jake was up at 4am and I was up with the spd pain between all that and for the toilet 5 times I can't carry on like this lol xx

Oh I know 20p usually to go, I think that's where the spend a penny came from but 20p is way off a penny lol. They never used to charge, they're not even that nice loos! But they're in the shopping centre and I have to go before I get on the bus else I end up needing a wee on the way home . Yeah I know daft cow, I think I def look pregnant, perhaps I should have side stepped to the loo and she'd have been happier lol. Casey has gone back to pre school today, we have to pay for 3 weeks and he's only been 3 days! He only goes Wednesdays and Fridays, he couldn't wait to get there today but cause he's caught so many illnesses there I always worry, be glad when he starts infants in Sep, will save us 48 quid a month too. You had a bad night too then hun:( I could be sleeping now but I've too much to do! Xxx

I pay 33 a day for jake to go to nursery it's rather expensive and the fact that you have to pay even when they are off ill really annoys me x

I think its terrible you have to pay when they're ill, particularly when he keeps getting all his illnesses from there! Slapped Cheek, constant coughs colds and two nasty viruses all since Sep! At least when he starts Infants in Sep there's no charge lol. I'm worried cause not really anyone from his pre school are going to his new school, his pre schools not round here so all his friends are going to all different schools, there's a,pre school right next to his infants but I had to take him away just after he started as he was so distressed going there, they had call me to come and get him and when I turned up I've never seen him so upset, broke my heart, I don't know to this day why he was so distressed but I never took him back there, it's weird as dd 12 went there for 18 months no problems, they did wonders with him at this private nursery when he started at 3 and a half, he did cry for 2 weeks but they were amazing with him and he's got loads mates which he won't see again after Aug when he leaves, just hope he makes new friends at Infants:( xxxxxxx

Childcare is very expensive over here, for FT its around $1500 per month per child so I can't afford it. Euan goes to pre school although it finished last week for the summer. IN September he will go to Mon-Wed-Fri and it will be just over $200 per month for it.

Not sure what we will do when I go back to work after mat leave. We had a nanny last time but we also had a much lower mortgage than now. All I know is DH can't look after 3 kids in the day with no sleep and go to work in the evening.

I'm sure he will make new friends easily they tend to adapt at that age ds4 was in a nursery before this one and he used to scream so I took him out as he was fine in the one he is at now but I was struggling to get him there when I moved but I have moved again and he is happy going back there he missed out on infants this year with being an October baby same as this baby will its so much harder too cause they are ready for nursery and school but can't go xx

Similar to Euan, he won't be 5 until Feb so he has to wait until Sept 2014 to go to kindergarten which is similar to infant school. HE is totally ready to go this year.

Jake is dying to go to school they start at 4 year but he will start sept 2014 and be 5 a month later I think children these days grow up a lot faster than they used to there were talks over here that they would lower the nursery age but nothing so far x

Euan will be 5 and 6 months when he finally starts school. You have to 5 in year that school starts to be allowed in.

Olivia was a February baby so she will be the same, she can't even go to pre school until next September either. I am glad this one is an October baby as they will be in school very close to their 5th birthday.

I think Casey's more than ready for school now, only thing that worries me is his speech, he's had problems since little and still can't pronounce a lot of things particularly sc and l sounds, we're waiting for him to see a speech and language therapist, neither girls had any probs and were v fast and good talkers, he's really bright and it's his only problem, it hasn't caused a problem at pre school and they understand him and it hasn't affected him making friends, I hope the same goes for infants, he'll be 5 two months after he starts in Sep, he would like to be at school everyday and he has too much energy to be at home all the time now so I def think he's ready:) xxx

I find everyone struggles with euan a bit at pre school. His speech is excellent but they seem to struggle with his accent which is entirely Scottish right now with a few words that sounds Canandian. All the other kids just sound 'normal'. His teachers struggle a bit understanding him. It won't be long before he sounds Canadian too.

My oldest was a great talker and the youngest is 2 but the 2 in the middle have both needed therapy but its hasn't effected them making friends or anything just their reading which they are catching up with now so don't worry too much in fact ds3 has to have more speech therapy as he talk way to fast so people can't understand what he says xx

Thanks Hannah, that's reassuring, we've got no problems understanding him but I think if you didn't know him it might take a bit of getting used to, hopefully it won't affect him at infants the same as it hasnt at pre school, he's really popular they say and in a group of boys xxxx
Goddess they pick up accents really quickly at that age don't they! Xx

Goddess mine sometimes sound cockney don't know where they get that from though lol
Oasis I honestly thought it would hold Charlie back as he was the worst he didn't even really speak when he started infants had 8 weeks of one on one speech therapy and never shut up after that and each session was only about 10 minutes long x

Charlie has to go back in a week for another X-ray as the bone is at an angle and if its worse next week the will have to take him to theatre and re break it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->