****October 2013 Rainbow Babies****

Oh no Hannah, if it doesn't rain it pours right? I really hope that's not the case xxxx

Well she maniplulated it back so the gap went from 28 degrees to 23 poor child but she says if it has went further next week they will need to put him under ga and sort it if its still the same she says we can just wait and see if it corrects itself as he grows and if it doesn't operate at a later date xx

I really hope he doesn't need surgery, I guess it's just a wait and see? Xxxx

I know and the wait and see game is more worrying just hoping he won't need it as ga is horrible xx

It is horrible, but on the one hand it might be better to fix it now rather than wait and see and having to do it at a later date. Poor guy. Manipulation is extremely painful.

That's what I was thinking but they want to wait til next week then decide but my mam said how long will they leave it to see if it fixes itself a question I will be asking next week as I don't want to put him under general without good reason but if the bone has moved more next week in the wrong direction the decision will be made for me x

Agreed. Write down all your questions. If they are going to wait and see, you don't want him to be in pain with it if his bone is not properly alligned.

Yeah I know and I don't want it to look funny either as it will cause of the type of break it is xx

What a horrible time your going through. How is Charlie feeling?

He is ok now the full cast is on as its a proper support honestly it's just one thing after another xx

It's a difficult decision with fractures at that age too. I smashed up my elbow when I was 8. They manipulated it under anaesthetic and then I had a full cast on for 6 weeks. I then had to have a couple months of physio and still haven't got full strength in that arm. I could have it re-broken and pinned now but that could go 1 of 2 ways. Either I'd get the full strength back in it or it could make it weaker. If they had pinned it back then, I would probably have more strength in that arm now apparently.

Defo going to ask then loads of questions I don't want him to recover from it totally then have to have it re broken and pins after which will mean more time off school more pain and more distress to him x

Sounds like a plan. Your experience doesn't sound very nice girly. Shame they didn't just deal with it at the time but i know its a fine line with growing bones and all that.

It wasn't great but at least I was only little. I've forgotten most of the bad bits. But that's exactly the point, they have to be so careful with kids' bones. And normally they are over-cautious.
Saying this, I hope he's okay geordie. Hopefully it won't be a problem at the next X-ray xx

I really hope not I don't want to make the decision to wait or operate so hopefully next week it will have closed further and if that's the case I will wait xx

Hope it's good news Hannah:) xxxx I've only just woken up, how lazy lol. Seem to be sleeping a bit better at mo, hips not so bad, I've not been eating bread and I think that's why, wheat has never agreed with me and my ibs anyway and as it's an inflammatory its not so good with my hips or back which I suffer from anyway with my fibromyalgia, so I've gone onto Ryvita and the pain at night is much much better:) xxxxxx

Pleased your sleeping better my boys are off today so I made oh get jake ready for nursery so I didn't have to get up at 7:30 but I was semi awake anyway I'm up loads for the toilet still I swear my bladder must be the size of a pea at the minute or Harvey thinks its fun to kick it all night jake was also up at 3:50 asking for a DVD on I mean seriously I can't wait for the dark nights again x

Lol I know that's the problem with summer! Well I say summer but we've had about 2 days of summer I think, it was beautiful here on Wednesday, blue skies, hot, then yest and today back to cloud and rain, what a joke. Adam (dh) has taken Casey pre school so I'm just doing some washing, washing up etc, such an exciting life lol. Yes I think i'll leave off the bread, my hips have been much better. It's funny how this pregnancy is easier than Casey's and I'm 5 years older and 4 stone heavier, I really thought I'd be suffering badly by now, I still have a few problems but they're no where as severe as with Casey, mind you I shouldn't speak too soon I've got 15 weeks yet lol xxxxxxx

We have had a few showers but its still hot and close we need some thunder and lightening to clear the air!! I have got my cleaner coming weekly now lol she has been today so nothing left for me to do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->