October babies due dates and bump colours

Mommyof3, that sucks! I hope everything is fine. I hope they can give you some answers or advice when you call the office in the morning.

i spoke to my mw yesterday about the period pains and she said the uterus changes shape shortly before/whilst baby is engaging and goes from being rounded at the base to more "funneled" and therefore it is literally stretching pains and that from here on out it will be stretching, stabbing pains, then labour pains... :haha:

lys - beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

mommyof3girls - hope you're ok :hugs:

DH is snoring like MAD recently but complains about my night annoyances (toilet trips, tossing & turning etc... ummm yeah HE'S got it bad!? :wacko:)

Mommy - that's nuts! I'm guessing the rash was exactly the same as the kids. Does that mean you are no longer infected? Argh.. that must be so frustrating to not have all the answers. KUP!!

I dragged myself around the Walmart and a Bath shop. I got my grandma her birthday persent so that's good. She's a pain to shop for since she so old and doesn't need a thing and doesn't appreciate anything you do get her. I tried to get some yoga pants but the size I got doesn't work because it fits everywhere except it's tight on my caves and I HATE that.. can't go any bigger though. :( And they had no sweatpants I'd be caught dead in so I still have nothing to wear. Literally I tore off my capris as soon as I got home and am sitting here in undies and a t-shirt. Argh. I think I have to go to the plus sized store and see what they have in the small sizes. Lame lame lame. I feel like such an amazingly huge cow. Blech.

Shopping today was torture. I really think I'm done trying to leave the house and do anything. lol Getting in and out of the car was near impossible, walking was slow, and cramping was ever-present. I've decided to become a shut in! heh. oh wait.. first I'll get some pants tomorrow.. then shut in!!! oh and doctors appointment where I have to walk 1.5 kms just from the parking garage to the office.. dammit. Not sure I can make another 15 days.

Littlestars, I feel you on clothes! I have one pair of capris that fits me now, which DH says are the ugliest things ever. Plus a really loose skirt that fits when I hold it up with the belly band. Could you wear skirts instead? It's starting to get chilly sometimes so I'd rather wear the capris than the skirt, but I can wear the skirt in a pinch. :) Other than that I'm in DH's boxers... sigh.

Okay, I have a question for you ladies. We're test-driving cars, and bringing the carseat along with us to see how well it fits in the back of each car. The answer: Not great... most of the cars we're looking at fit the car seat but not with much extra room because I'm tall and can't move my seat forward too much. We're testing it with the infant carseat (Graco Snugride 30). Does that mean when he graduates to a rear-facing convertible seat there will be even less room?? How much bigger are the rear-facing convertible seats than the infant seats? Littlestars, I know you are a carseat expert... :winkwink:

I almost wish we had the convertible seat already just to test it out in the cars! But that seems ridiculous because he won't need it for maybe a year...

No experience on the car seats... my infant car seat barely fits into my backseat, too.. but I might be forced to get a new car sometime down the road anyway, because it's pretty small and might not be so great for lots of baby gear.. hehe. I'm not sure that a convertible car seat would fit at all, since I'm also tall and can't move the front passenger seat all the way up.

As for clothes.. I have a few maternity skirts and a pair of yoga capris which I've been living in the past few months... but this morning was pretty chilly, so I wore the only pair of pants I fit into-- some baggy yoga pants. DH asked if I seriously intended to leave the house that way... but quickly shut up when I started moaning about not having anything else to wear! Even my biggest shirts aren't covering my belly very well anymore.. so annoying!

Mommy-- sorry about the rash and all that trouble! Can't imagine how much stress that would add! Hope all goes well..

Walking has been causing me a lot of pain, too.. but for once, I actually sort of welcome the pain, because it makes me feel like I might be hurrying this baby up a little. Yes, I'm nuts. Completely nuts. Reading about all the October girls who are having their LO's isn't helping at all! It just fuels my insanity.

Not sure if Mariana was on this board or not.. but she's in the FB October thread, and her waters broke earlier today... so that's yet another October baby who will arrive in September!

Quick post.

I feel like death warmed over. I caught Dougs cold and feel just awful! Last night I had braxton hicks on my upper belly because Amelia is transverse, i'm feeling everything differently than most who have babies head down. THEN add the lower back pressure where I woke Doug up every hour last night to rub my back and put accupressure on it.

I honestly don't think I'll make it to the October 6th schedule date. The lower back pressure was what I had with Jackson prior to back labor. Also, the appointment tomorrow will tell whether or not I'm admitted to the hospital for high blood pressure because of my results from the beginning of the week at my appointment on Tues. The good news is because I'm sicker than a flippin Dog I'll get a private room but I'm sure we all know that we get much better sleeping in our own beds and recovering at home. I'm a bit over-dramatic, emotional and sick of being sick already. I pray the appointment goes well tomorrow and I can recover over the weekend.

Hoping all you lovely ladies are doing well. :hug:

Hope you feel better soon MA. My back has been really sore recently too, but it doesn't sound as bad as yours! Hope Amelia stays in there until October. :hugs:

As for the car seats, I think I will just go to the baby store and compare convertible car seats next to infant car seats... that seems like a much better idea than guessing... :)

Zb5- we have the snug ride 35 also. It's very long I find. Our daughter Ava is in a rear facing convertible right now and there is actually more room with it then the snug ride because it's more upright then the snug ride. My husband has long legs so the snug ride had to go behind my seat and the convertible for Ava is behind his because it still leaves him enough leg room.

Lys - he is so precious xxx

MA - I hope you make Oct 6th thats my birthday :)

Anyone else felt like the've been riding a horse for a week. I've been having more twinges in my cervix but I've had these at 33 weeks aswell when I lost my plug, but they are coming back so I hope this means something good, and I've had the runs for a few days now. Few BH but not painful at all.

I put on a maxi dress today I was imagining how awesome it was going to look...put it on and nope, i looked like an elephant

It depends which way your midwife is working, did she say you ere 3/5 engaged?

If 5 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as 5/5 palpable or 'unengaged'.
If 4 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '4/5' palpable or 1/5 engaged.
If 3 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '3/5' palpable or 2/5 engaged.
If 2 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '2/5' palpable or 3/5 engaged.
If 1 finger width of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '1/5' palpable or 4/5 engaged.
If your baby's head cannot be felt it is written as 'fully engaged' or 'not palpable'.

Which means I am '2/5' palpable or 3/5 engaged.[/QUOTE]

it was a different midwife who isnt as nice as normal one i see she just said babies head is nearly engaged and in my notes she wrote 3/5. So i'm thinking its 3/5 engaged. Thanks for your help :thumbup:

i spoke to my mw yesterday about the period pains and she said the uterus changes shape shortly before/whilst baby is engaging and goes from being rounded at the base to more "funneled" and therefore it is literally stretching pains and that from here on out it will be stretching, stabbing pains, then labour pains... :haha:

thats really helpful i had this and wasnt too sure and then midwife said heads nearly engaged thank you :thumbup:

Hiya Ladies! :hi:

YoursTruly - Happy belated birthday to Ava for yesterday! and great news that things seem to be moving on with Ali. I hope she waits til tomorrow though so she will be full term.

LittleStars - I hear you on the clothing issues. Im struggling to find anything to fit now - even my maternity clothes are too tight now. Im living in Pyjamas all day at home, and then wearing leggings and a long t-shirt if I have to go anywhere. But its too cold for that now. Yet I refuse to buy anything warmer, as Im hoping not to need them for very long. I can imagine it must be much much worse when your having twins!

Mommyof3 - so sorry to hear that you may have 5th disease. I hope they can treat it quickly and effectively.

Nai - ooh, I have also been having period pains, and lower back ache. So thanks for the info regarding that! I hope things dont start moving for either of us yet though, as our little girls have 2-3 weeks until they are full term.

Mommy's Angel - sorry to hear that you are so unwell right now. I hope that you feel better very soon, and that Amelia stays put for the next 2 weeks.

Octbebe - sorry, but I had to laugh at your comment about wearing a maxi dress and looking like an elephant! you poor thing! I darent even attempt to try my maxi dresses on!

zb5 - sorry, I dont know anything about car seats. We have had ours for 4 months now - but it is still taped up in its original box. I suppose we should really try it out in both of our cars!! Good luck with your car seat.

Hope you are all well today
xx

MA- I hope you feel better and im sorry you are feeling so miserable. I think im getting a cold too and scared to still be sick for my c section, as coughing while recovering from that, would be the worst case scenario....get lots of rest.

Little, Shell, Mrs, MA- pretty much all of you with clothing issues, me toO! Lol. No jacket will cover this growth, and its so COLD lately and im just not wanting to buy new stuff....its a real struggle to dress myself lately.

Mommyof3- I hope baby does oik with the infection, that is a pretty serious thing, im surprised the docs werent more concerned? Let us know what happens....

Octbebe- I tried maxi dresses in the summer and was so excited to pregnant and wear them, well I wouldn't dare left the house like that they looked aweful! I was bummed that my visions of being prego in my cute dresses wasn't exactly reality!

Our car seat is chicco so a bit smaller....hope that helps us out a little bit, but yea, car seats are a huge pain unless you just drive a conversion van.

Hope all the crampy ladies are hangin in there. Seems thats how we are all feeling lately. My BH and cramps have actually lowered the last couple days so im feelin not much. Except last night was acid reflux from HELL. Was the worst yet. Ick.

Thank you girls so much. Since I have the rash, I'm no longer infected. Just waiting to get a hold of the doctor. the past two nights I have been having contractions that are regular and painful and then they just stop. I'm so tired because of it. Last night I ended up sleeping downstairs because of it. I'm already sick of all the false alarms.

Mrsturner- Ever since I lost this baby's twin, my doctor has been this way. I'll be glad when Tori is here so I can change doctors.

LittleStars- It is the same rash as the girls. So I'm no longer infected. I'm only carrying one now, and I have become a shut in. The pain from working just about kills me. I can only imagine how you feel. I feel you on the clothes too. I have a pair of shorts and 2 of my hubby's T-shirts. Oh and I hate wearing a bra now. lol

zb5- In my opinion I like the rear-facing convertible seats better than the infant car seat. It isn't as wide as the infant car seat. I just try putting my infant car seat in my ford explorer and it is going to be a tight fit. With my 1 year old she has a convertible car seat and it fits nicely as a rear facing seat. That's just my opinion though.

MA- I hope you feel better soon. I also hope your appointment goes well.

nypage1981- My family and I are puzzled on why he isn't that concerned. My MIL was upset yesterday because of his reaction that she wanted to call and yell at them. It doesn't make since, especially because I already have extremely low iron, and the virus causes low iron in baby that are in the womb. If I don't get a hold of them today, you better bet, they are getting a nice ear full on Monday.

Mommy- my OH called and had iit out with my doc once as well over the GD testing...i usually dont want confrontation but he was mad! I know how it feels to have family want to get involved! Its good you are taking Iron, but yes, I would be concerned with teh iron to baby. If there's anything good, its that what you posted said its mainly fatal in the FIRST half of pregnancy....so maybe there is something more to google with the 5th virus and 3rd trimester that could ease your mind...?

zb5 - Honestly I would suggest purchasing (with the complete intent to return if you like) a rear facing convertible seat similar if not one that you would want to purchase in a year.. at least the same brand if not the right colour. Then try it as you in the cars with the infant seat.. reason is... My infant car seat sits in my car no problem, my convertible sits in the car front facing no problem.. but try to reverse face the convertible and it cannot be done without significantly moving the car seat forward. The seat must be on a 45 degree angle and that's the issue if you are tall. I'm tall too and so is DH but luckily we both seat in the car exactly in the same position. Anyway, brand to brand there is a slight difference in the height of the back seat but the movement currently is for them to be taller and wider. Buying one now might mean first off avoiding new legislation on wider car seats and also might help avoid a super super tall back. Some convertible car seats have a back part that can move taller or shorter depending on your use (front facing versus rear) so that is another thing to look for. I know this is stress you don't need but perhaps worth the leg work now. Last thing about this: not sure your your local legislation for car seat regulations but where I am for example we only HAVE to have the baby rear facing for 1 year.. after that it is suggested but optional. My daughter was definitely in the 95% for height and weight by age one so I had no issue moving her to forward facing. I could imagine it would be much more scary for someone with a child who is in the 10% for height and weight to do that.. if your carseat goes to 30 or 35 lbs you will have no problem making the 1 year mark with the infant seat, you just probably won't want to lift it out of the base most days after about 9 months as they get soooooooo heavy.

Okay.. off to have my shower and pick up DD, beg the school to get her on the bus system temporarily and then to my moms for lunch, leave daughter there, go to hospital for weekly appointment, wait there for forever, whine about my jaw issue, tell them about the bleed and my lovely new problem.. I'll be back later... :) Oh and did I mention.. my BIL who I HATE is coming over later tonight.. I seriously hate him and yet feel compelled to clean up the house for him and vacuum. So that makes me hate him even more for coming over. lol Grrrrr....

Thanks for the car seat advice yt, mommyof3, and littlestars! I am hopeful that the convertible seats aren't too bad. It seems worth it to really do the research on this because a car is such a big investment. I will be really irritated if a brand new car is no longer comfortable in a year due to a stupid car seat issue.

It seems the car seat laws in my state are pretty vague actually. But they're different in every state and they're talking about changing them... the state RECOMMENDS that they stay rear-facing up to 2 years, but they don't require it yet. I imagine a lot of parents don't want to keep their kids rear-facing that long and I'm not sure if we would do it... but I'd like to have the option especially in case the law changes at some point.

mommyof3, I'm glad the rash means the infection is over. But I'm also surprised at how your doctor handled this. I would switch doctors after this too!

I've been having stabbing pains in my cervix for a few weeks, so maybe that means something is happening? I'm also having stabbing pains in my hip though when I walk... oh, fun pregnancy symptoms! No increase in B-H or mucus or anything like that, so I'm not getting too excited. And I STILL haven't packed my hospital bag! :dohh: I don't know why I'm avoiding it. Denial?? :haha: Probably more like laziness because even though we've been in the new house a month, we haven't completely unpacked and I don't know where everything is. :)

It depends which way your midwife is working, did she say you ere 3/5 engaged?

If 5 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as 5/5 palpable or 'unengaged'.
If 4 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '4/5' palpable or 1/5 engaged.
If 3 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '3/5' palpable or 2/5 engaged.
If 2 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '2/5' palpable or 3/5 engaged.
If 1 finger width of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '1/5' palpable or 4/5 engaged.
If your baby's head cannot be felt it is written as 'fully engaged' or 'not palpable'.

Which means I am '2/5' palpable or 3/5 engaged.

it was a different midwife who isnt as nice as normal one i see she just said babies head is nearly engaged and in my notes she wrote 3/5. So i'm thinking its 3/5 engaged. Thanks for your help :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Thats brill news then :thumbup:

Hi ladies,

Well, my bp was high again today. The Dr. scheduled an Amnio for Tuesdays appointment if my bp is high again. That will tell if her lungs have matured. If they see protein in the urine they'll forgo the amnio and just schedule the c-section. What I got is that she doesn't want to wait the added week with potentially getting full blown pre-eclampsia. With my history she'd rather not risk anything further. SO, as it stands we may have Amelia next week sometime. I'm guess wed. or thurs.

I'm SO NERVOUS! I can't wait to hold her. She's been 10 years in the waiting. I think that's why I'm so nervous. All these emotions, all this love....wondering if I'll be a good mommy. I also don't have everything in order.

I'm sure it will all work out well. I'll keep everyone posted after Tuesdays appointment. In the meantime, I'm taking the weekend to try to get rid of this cold. The leaking Adema I have will continue. The Dr. said it will get worse before it gets better because they'll be giving me lots of liquid through IV. :wacko: I can't imagine how heavy in water weight I'll be. I'm already feeling like a truck. At any rate, we may have a baby next week. Holy Cats! ((FAINT))

MA you might have your LO very soon then! that's so exciting! everything will be well i'm sure :hugs:

shel - i know hun, i see everyone making their announcements and i'm like "I WANT MINE!!!" then i realise we're not fully cooked yet so hold on in their little girlies until it's our turn!

well i finally got around to packing my hospital bag :yipee: i've been on a bit of a roll the past few days in fact, completing to do lists left right and centre and feeling great for it... not appreciating the urges to clean everything in sight at night time though or when i'm lay in bed!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->