October babies due dates and bump colours

welcome anon and congrats on team :blue:
happy birthday mrs k hope you're having a good day

is it not labour time yet i'm packed and ready to go and looking forward to seeing my :baby: good things come to those who wait but i really wish he'd hurry up :happydance:

zb5 - what vehicle are you giving in to?

I'm excited today, I got a call from my mom and she's bringing over our carseats they've been stroing so I can go ahead and install the bases and attempt to put DD on the side. We know we can put the booster seat in the middle just not sure we can put it on the side. But as an added bonus she's also bringing over the finished moses baskets she did. She bought plain baskets and then custom made all the covering and bedding. And even more bonus.. my dad is coming too and they're going to take DD out for the afternoon and go for a nature walk and feed birds which she absolutely loves doing.

All this means I'll get some more baby stuff done and a little cleaning and no 5 year old fighting for attention. Yay!

Adele you are so close, it'll be anytime now I'm sure. 38.3 weeks is awesome. Are you working on evicting the baby?

It's the Mini Countryman... like his beloved Mini Cooper but bigger and with 4 doors. They just started making it in 2011. It's not like it's a ridiculous luxury car or anything, but it is a bit pricier than the other ones we were considering. We also liked the Hyundai Elantra Touring, in case anyone else is looking for a hatchback type car. :) Anyway... the Mini will make him happy!

Good luck trying to get the booster seat on the side! Where does your DD want to sit? I would think the side would be easiest, but who knows what 5 year olds want. :) It's funny because I've been worrying so much about the car seat issue, and just today there was a front page news article about how much parents hate the new rear-facing recommendations. So pertinent! I was surprised they were mostly talking about the kid's leg room rather than there actually being room in the car, but maybe a lot of parents already have big cars. :shrug:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...vice/2011/09/08/gIQAb4cOuK_story.html?hpid=z3

the leg room is a serious issue but I know the counter argument to that is would you rather have your child break their legs or die? That being said it's one thing to have a normal to short child stay rear-facing over the one year mark, close and up to the two year mark but a whole other thing to do that to a child who is taller than average. Doing it by age is so arbitrary and it really should be a height/weight and capability issue instead. It's is my general understanding at least for sure in Canada and most likely all countries. If you have a car seat and you abide by it's regulations for weight and height then if the laws change you are grandfathered under the old ways and do not have to run out and buy new car seats just to appease the lawmakers. Hence why we bought all our carseats ahead of time.. we know for a fact they are tweeking several legislations within our province/country and we wanted to be grandfathered under the old system. I totally appreciate the desire to be even more safe but at the same time there is just a point where I say enough is enough! I was in a major car accident where I was sandwiched between a bus I was letting merge (legal requirement in my city) and a car that decided to not slow down. The car was a write off, my car seat was broken and wrecked, I was sore and scared stupid.. DD was 13 months old, front facing in a convertible and completely fine and unaware of what even happened. I'm personally fine with front facing at 1 year if I feel like my child is ready (weight and height beyond the minimum requirement). But at the same time, to each their own, if someone has the money and space for the biggest baddest rear-facing carseat then more power to ya! I definitely don't.

Hello ladies!

I gave birth to my beautiful little son on the 19th. Pictures and the link to my birth story are in my Pregnancy Journal - that link in is my Sig.

Sorry I haven't updated sooner, but its been a crazy week and I don't have much time for anything in between nursing and sleeping. But I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Edit: Ah, thank you Nypage for updating them earlier!
And Congrats to lys! Kinna funny we ended up delivering on the same day!

Congrats katerdid! I'm about to go look at your journal now. :happydance:

LittleStars, keeping them rear-facing really does seem to be a big burden. I think we'll see how it goes when we get to that point. With only one kid it might work if they're in the middle back seat, but if want to fit them behind one of the passenger seats you need a really big car or really short adults up front! Or the smallest convertible seat on the market. :wacko: We'll see when we get to that point I guess...

Hey girls- I leaked some kinda whitish/grayish chunks after a severe pain/popping feeling in my cervix. Its not waters broken or anything...maybe part of the plug? No blood, but slightly pink/gray kinda....and now major some very irregular BH but the only difference is they are hurting in my cervix a LOT. But not very frequent....Idk, just my body doing some gettting ready? I have nothing to go rushing in for yet, but its getting kinda peculiar!

Hey girls- I leaked some kinda whitish/grayish chunks after a severe pain/popping feeling in my cervix. Its not waters broken or anything...maybe part of the plug? No blood, but slightly pink/gray kinda....and now major some very irregular BH but the only difference is they are hurting in my cervix a LOT. But not very frequent....Idk, just my body doing some gettting ready? I have nothing to go rushing in for yet, but its getting kinda peculiar!

Mucus plug is usually thick-like off whitish color and can have a little blood in it. It's usually a sign that your close to giving birth but your 36wks right?! If your 36wks your considered preterm until 37wks. I honestly think you should go have it checked out. It may not be anything serious abut the pain/popping seems kind of odd with a little bit of pinkish color. It's better to go in to labor and delivery to get it checked out than to ignore it and it be something potentially serious. When you lose your mucus plug it usually means you've dilated some and your cervix is open or opening.

I would get checked/ask your midwife...I lost my mucus plug over a few weeks starting at around 32 and my midwife didn't seem concerned, but mine wasn't tinted pink at all though...the pain sounds a little odd though

Had my MW appointment today, shes told me to take 4000mg of primrose oil a day! So it must help somehow :) And then she said "we'll book you in for next monday for your next appointment, but I may see you before then" refering to being in labour! I told her about my upset tummy *poops* for the last week and BH's.

She said hes such a happy baby haha

NYPAGE, I'm just checking in on you. Any updates on what's going on? :hugs:

Octbabe, sounds like your getting close then. :thumbup:

Aww, Kaiterdid! He's gorgeous!
And what a great weight for his gestational age.
Congratulations again!! :dance:

Nyp - any news?
xx

littlestars- bless your mum :hugs: the bedding sounds lovely. Yeah wish i could evict him :haha: i asked midwife if there was anything i could do to hurry things up but she said that they are all myths and if they were true they wouldn't need to induce people :growlmad: o well.
kate- congrats :happydance: he's adorable welcome william :baby:

Octbebe, my midwife also recommends about 4500mg evening primrose oil per day (3 capsules 3 times a day) starting at 36 weeks. I didn't start until 37 weeks and then I forget to take the lunchtime dose sometimes... oops. Still, she said it's supposed to really help prepare your cervix. :shrug:

nypage, how's it going? The popping and cervix pain sounds uncomfortable. I think I lost some of my mucus plug at 31 weeks after a nurse checked my cervix and really went at it. It was sort of whitish/yellow/brown with tinges of red. But that is probably just cause she had her finger all up there. :wacko: I didn't like her...

Well it's getting to that point where I'm excited to check this thread every day to see if anyone's popped! Not you yet though, nypage, it's too early! :) I called my sister yesterday just to chat and she said when she saw my name on her phone she thought I was in labor... I guess people will be thinking that until I actually have this baby!

Katerdid - loved your story and pictures, thanks for sharing :)

Sounds like we just might have a few more September babies. Won't be many of us left at this rate!

Well today I'm hoping to get some 'housekeeping' done.. partly actual house cleaning and then also lawn work and a few errands. I know it's not taking it easy like I'm supposed to do but life is life and I'd rather do it today then in a week from now.

Once my new camera is charged up I'll try to actually take some pictures of something.. might be a nursery, might just be a photo of my cat but I'll do something to keep us entertained while we wait for someone to go into labor. :fool:

Hey Ladies!

I decided to buy a little Halloween outfit for my baby girl today - I just hope that she arrives intime to wear it!!
Let me know what you think.....

https://direct.asda.com/george/baby-clothes/witch-tutu-outfit/GEM72339,default,pd.html

That outfit is sooooo cute!

I got these one for my boys...not exactly costumes but still halloween themed.

https://www.target.com/p/Circo-Newborn-Boys-Snap-Footed-Sleepwear-Black/-/A-13597889

https://www.target.com/p/JUST-ONE-YOU-Made-by-Carter-s-Infant-Boys-Monster-Jumpsuit-Green/-/A-13589133

they are little eating machines! lol they are good boys, they dont cry very much which is nice and they sleep pretty good. i go back to the pediatrician tomorrow to see how much they weigh...with how much they eat they better have gained something!

im good overall, still some pain from c-sec...good news i lost all the weight i gained already...all 30lbs really was baby, fluids, placenta and all that lol

Wow - congrats on losing all of your baby weight! I hope mine drops off that fast!
Sorry to hear you are still in pain from your C-section. I hope you recover soon.

And I hope my little girl is as well behaved as your boys sound. Eating and sleeping well is great news! Hope your paed appointment goes well tomorrow :flower:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"