October babies due dates and bump colours

Ooh, how exciting MA! cant wait to see pics of the beautiful Amelia! :dance:

Well done for packing your hospital bags Nai! :thumbup:
xx

Ooh, MA, that is nerve-wracking! So exciting that you might meet Amelia sooner rather than later though! I would love my baby to be born mid next week, so he could have a late September birthday. Then he could have his own birthday month (I'm October and DH is November). But I really won't be ready by then! Realistically I'm hoping the week after next... oh gosh that is coming up soon too!

Ooo exciting stuff MA!!! Can't wait to see pictures of baby girl!!

I have been in and out of the hospital for 2 days now. Doctors and nurses have confirmed I'm in early labor!! Just not strong enough to be making changes. Exciteing stuff yet it can still be weeks which I'm not thrilled about. Everyone did give hubby and I the ok to do everything to get things moving though.

Also had a BPP today and baby girl is measuring in at 7lb 7oz give or take a pound!!! Yay!!

Wow, very exciting yt! It looks like you're 1 day away from full term so I say go at it. :haha: Come on Ali!

ZB. My mom's birthday is monday, my Aunts birthday is thursday and she shares a birthday with another counsin's daughter. It's kind of bitter sweet. This little baby was conceived while my cousin was on drugs and tried to attempt suicide. Now the baby is with my cousin (my cousins mother) while she's strung out. I really didn't want to share that birthday date as that was the same year Jackson was born the month later and died. I was SO ANGRY that this little one was given to this cousin who could care less.

Now of course, I feel bad for this little baby of hers. I can't imagine not having a mother with love and structure...growing up being raised by everyone else. It makes me sad really and it's not her little fault. Just breaks my heart!

I wouldn't mind Wed. or Friday. If it ends up on Thursday then so be it. Again, it's not that little girls fault and my sad memories shouldn't get in the way of the life SHE has now...someone needs to be happy for this little girl and care for her as I will be caring for Amelia and loving her and giving her structure.

Yourstruly...we could both go on the same day. Would be so fun! There are a few people who could potentially be near or on the same day. Though my origional buddy was ZB because our due dates were a day apart. Mine was October 8th.

Ah well, I just love that this group shares a HUGE connection. Your a lovely bunch of ladies. I'm grateful for you all. :hug:

I had my doctor's appointment today err well Friday (it's past midnight why am I still up?) and things went well enough. I didn't get to see my regular doctor as he was on vacation and he wouldn't be in on a Friday anyway, nor did I see my usual nurse but I loved the one I had so it was a good appointment. I was so fearful of getting the nasty one from last week. Anyway.. no weight update on babies since it was a general scan.. I'll have to wait until next week to hear how fat they are. Everything else looked great, Baby B was even moving into a new and interesting postions while being scanned. How in the world ther eis still room to move neither the tech nor I could figure out. Apparently on my chart it's been noted my babies are 'difficult' because they go into crazy messed up postions entwined around each other. I take it as a sign of their love for each other, lol They always seem to try to get their heads together. Cute! My blood pressure was good and I was told my jaw popping out of its socket constantly is definitely most likely from the pregnancy and could take up to 6 months to resolve after delivery so to continue with softer foods.. meh. I was also told that I did the right thing with the bleed I had on Saturday last week but if there was anymore that what I saw to definitely come in. And finally I have a new and most disgustingly interesting issue I had to discuss with them. My discharge on my pantyliner changes colour over the day to an almost spring green colour for two days now. I was so embarrassed to tell them that but since I have no signs of an infection, yeast or otherwise they don't seem to care. I feel like a freak! lol So that was that.

The best part of the appointment was everytime the nurse, student doctor or doctor would say 'oh not much longer now', I'd respond with a general smile and say yep, 14 days! And they would look at me like I was insane. They would repeat their comment slightly differently, something like 'yeah, looks lik eit'll be soon' and again I'd smile and say 'yep 14 more days'. Then I'd get the side-eye. lol They think I'm nuts thinking I'll make it to the planned section and started telling me when to come in for an planned emergency section because I'm in labor. Now I'm determined more than ever to make it! They all seriously think I will go soon based on everything they observed and asked questions about etc. lol Game on!! Who's going to win?

DH and I talked about names a little more, but not looking at the book since he likes to do things half assed.. he's now all hooked on calling the babies Violet and Daisy. Mon dieu! Veto!!!!!!! Maybe as a middle name but not for a first name.

I'll have to keep working on him. I also hated that he called his mom and was talking names with her. I don't want her to have any say, opinion or influence on anything we choose. VETO!!!!

MA - that sucks that next week is so tricky as far as birthdays. Ekk! Hope it works out so that Amelia has her own day. :)

I'm the opposite.. if I HAVE to delivery early then I'd love it to be Oct. 2nd because it's my dad's birthday. DD was induced on her other grandfathers birthday and delivered a day after in the morning. Actually what we really would have wanted is for our children to be born on holidays like us.. DH is a Halloween baby and I'm a St Patty's baby, and we married on Valentine's day. We had hoped for our kids to have special dates for their birthdays but easier said than done. We missed 06/06/2006 by 5 days! and DD was too early for Father's Day. The twins missed my grandma's birthday Sept. 20th, might make my dad's birthday but won't make it as far as Thankgiving. Doh!

Wow I'm just rambling tonight.. so bored.. DH has BIL over and they've finally stopped fighting about politics (BIL is a left wing wacko hippie who doesn't pay taxes but llikes social services and thinks love will fix everything), now they're playing video games and I have no company except my kitties who are in the middle of grooming each other.

Littlestars, this is getting fun! I wonder when you'll go. Everyone's in a pool for us. I was hoping Oct. 6th. I wanted an October baby. Now it looks as though it's next week. Ugh! Oh well, all that matters is that Amelia is safe and healthy. :thumbup

Oh no, violet and daisy....I'm with you on the middle names. I pray you can come to terms with something you'll both like! :hugs:

At the end of the day I know I have complete veto power because I'll take a bigger suck about things than DH will.. but I don;t want him to resent me for it so I'll keep working WITH him to steer him in my direction.. unfrontunately I don't know where I'm going quite yet. And this is why I need another 13 days to prepare darn it!! lol

At the end of the day I know I have complete veto power because I'll take a bigger suck about things than DH will.. but I don;t want him to resent me for it so I'll keep working WITH him to steer him in my direction.. unfrontunately I don't know where I'm going quite yet. And this is why I need another 13 days to prepare darn it!! lol

:rofl: your just as stubborn as I am. Though now I'm afraid I'm giving in. Oh how I wish we'd make it at least to October 1st. :wacko: Oh well, what's in a date right?! :shrug:

Little- those are some interesting names he likes:) Good luck with that! October 1st is in a week, you can DO it!

MA- you probably will be september, thats what I think:) But how exciting to meet little Amelia we can't wait! Long as she's safe, september is a lovely month to be born also, the falltime is gorgeous!

MA, that's exciting and disappointing at the same time, that you might have Amelia next week! I know how badly you wanted her to wait until October.

For me, September isn't really the greatest month ever, birthday-wise... Yesterday was my sister's birthday, today is a friend's birthday, tomorrow is my birthday, and Wednesday is my sister-in-law's birthday. I know a lot of other people with birthdays on every single day until then, too.. but at least they're not close. So, although I'm impatient to meet my little boy, I think it would be nicer for him to at least get a week or two of space from all the crazy birthdays.. hehe.. Kids always like to feel special.. and it's a little hard to feel very special when the last weekend of September includes 4 other birthday celebrations besides your own!

Little, hope you make it to your planned section date! I get very "competitive" about things like that, too.. wanting to prove to other people that they don't even know what they're talking about.. haha.

My MIL told me yesterday that she thinks my belly has dropped... but I'm not sure whether to believe her. I think both my MIL and mom are just going nuts over the whole thing.. possibly more impatient than even me! lol!

Happy Birthday Mrs K! :cake:

I dont want my baby to arrive in september either. Its my friends birthday on the 20th, my other friends on the 21st, my sisters on the 22nd, my cousins on the 24th and my aunties on the 25th.
Whereas early to mid october would be great. The only october birthday I have is my stepdad on the 31st.

How is everyone today?
xx

Shelleney - tired! Went to bed late and got woke early. I wanted so badly to sleep in or at least lay in bed as long as my hips could take it but DD woke me. I think if I make it to next weekend I'm making DH get up at least one of the mornings. It'll be years before I can sleep in ever again.

I was very happy, we bought a new camera yesterday. We'll have to test it today and make sure it's good but one less thing to worry about. We're thinking of getting a pocket HD videocam too but needed to do a little research on it first since the one we thought we were going to get is sold out and end of line. Boo.

So DH and I had a big fight about names too.. he told my mom about Daisy and Violet and she told him she hated them but something in the way she did it made him think I'd ran to my mommy and tainted the name ahead of time.. I did.. dammit.. caught red handed! So he was mad and was saying he didn't want anything to do with naming anymore and I could just do whatever I wanted because I was going to anyway.. ekk.. I was sad and felt bad and still want him to guide me.. I just want to love the name combo and just not in love with anything yet. Anyway..I cried.. and cried and cried.. felt like a bad mom for not being able to name my children and for hurting him and blah blah.. then I went back to looking at names. I tried to pose a question or two to him over the course of an hour about names but he refused to help. Eventually though I came up with a few first and middle name combos for example and I guess he disliked enough about one of the middle names that he was willing to start talking again. So yay! He and I talked a little about names again and he likes the name Elizabeth (which is one of my middle names) and joked that if he could have Victoria his set would be complete(set of regal names I think). lol I smiled and we kept looking.. He also likes Ashley which I had put with Lauren which he didn't like which prompted him to get involved again. Anyway.. we still chugging along looking.. argh.

I just hope we can get to either two sets of names we both really like OR at least a list of maybe 8 names we like and decide on the combo once we meet the babies. I just don't want to deliver until I have a concrete list narrowed down.

Happy Birthday Mrs. K! :hugs:

Littlestars...oh how I pray you both can come up with a name together. So sorry you got into an argument. Your a good mommy and it takes time. Naming your child is special and it will be lifelong for the children. So take your time. :winkwink: :hugs:

Happy birthday MrsK! :)

Little, that sounds rough! My DH does that sometimes too, when I disagree with him he says, "Why do I even bother, you're just going to do what you want!" Which I don't _think_ is true, although I do probably get my way more often than not. :blush: Anyway, I'm glad you guys are back to talking about the names. It must be so much harder with two.

I think I am about to let my DH buy the car he really really wants rather than the car we both just like. It's about $6k more and I don't like to spend money so this is tough for me... but first he sold the car he really really really loved which didn't fit a car seat, so I think he deserves it. Still. I better get a lot of wife points for this! :haha: We'll probably special order it and it will arrive around Christmas, until then we'll just have the one old car.

I spent a lot of time thinking about cars and car seats and all the different combinations, and decided that in this car, we would be fine until the second kid is big enough to be in a rear-facing convertible. Then we might be screwed. But that gives us at least 3-4 years, at which point we will probably know whether we want a third kid or not. If we do want a third kid, we'll upgrade to something much bigger, and if we don't, we will suffer through somehow until they are both forward-facing. This all works unless we have twins second, like Little! :haha: Or accidentally get pregnant sooner than planned with a second baby.

Aww Littlestars :hugs:
Sorry to hear you are so tired after being woken up early by DD. And also sorry to hear about your arguement with DH. But you are definitely not a bad Mom just because you havent named the babies yet. Otherwise that would make me a bad Mummy too! lol. We havent named our daughter yet, and Im pretty sure we wont until we meet her. Keep looking, but dont let it stress you out too much.

Glad you have come to a decision regarding cars/carseats, zb5. My OH is currently doing his research, looking to buy a "family car". But this is only our first baby, so ive told him he really doesnt need to start looking yet. We both have decent cars right now, so whats the rush? Men, eh!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->