October babies due dates and bump colours

I never had a baby shower for my DD as we had just moved here from out of state, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm getting one this time around, just like I have a feeling I'm going to get up on my 30th Birthdy and find my house TP'd later this month haha
(It was recently my friends 36th Bday and pink flamingo'd her lawn and streemer'd her trees ;)_.. I think she's gonna get me back haha)

I never had a baby shower for my DD as we had just moved here from out of state, but I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm getting one this time around, just like I have a feeling I'm going to get up on my 30th Birthdy and find my house TP'd later this month haha
(It was recently my friends 36th Bday and pink flamingo'd her lawn and streemer'd her trees ;)_.. I think she's gonna get me back haha)

hahaha that sounds hilarious! your poor friend! lmao! if someone TP'd our house id go crazy, mostly because it would most probably rain and we would have to spend weeks scraping soggy paper off the house!

hhehehe! i love throwing partys and being the host too lol! iv never had a party thrown for me but the way i wouold see it is that the shower would be for the guest of honour..your bump! so its not really your party, i sooo wish i could have a shower lol!

In the uk usually grandparents help out with a special purchase if they can afford it, like cot, pram, moses basket, steriliser etc and they usually always buy clothes lol! Friends and family friends may buy you a lil gift, a teddy or babygrows/vests etc theres usually always a congrats card of everybody you know and sometimes even cards of people you dont! haha! If you have family who have recently had babies, like aunties, sisters etc then they will sometimes put together an essentials box, knowing you will be fed up of the ever growing pile of babygrows that are never going to get the chance to be worn! Usually a basket with things like, baby oil, wipes, ear buds, baby sponges, babys first toothbrush + toothpaste, teething rings, creams etc all the lil things that you get through loads of! lol!

xx

Thanks ladies, it's fun to see what's going on with everyone. Chaos, sounds funny. Can't WAIT to find out what she does in retaliation! :haha:

I'd LOVE to host my own party in the fall when she comes. I was thinking of hosting a "sip and see". Kind of like a tea party (the sip) and a look at baby Amelia when she's actually here (the see).

It was either that or I wanted to go all out for a harvest party, invite the church, family, friends, neighbors, the fire department, police Dept. near us. Could be REALLY fun! Doug thinks I'm nuts and doesn't think I'll have the time when Amelia's here. He's probably right. He doesn't know how much energy I have to throw a HUGE party! :rofl:

I guess all this time on bed rest has my creative juices flowing. :haha:

That sounds so lovely... I think we british are so boring when it comes to our social mannerisms.. it surely can't just be me that thinks you would probably get locked up in the loony bin for inviting the police dept, fire dept, local church, neighbours, friends, family to your house for a party!? :rofl: we're so BORING!!!! I think it's a lovely idea, if you've got the energy! I am already busy planning LO's christening in my head.. well, i've told DH all about it obviously :haha: we are having it in april 2012 at the church we married in, then it will be back to ours for a tea party in the orchard, followed by a bbq and party party for friends in the evening :thumbup: I can't wait already!!!! i've been dreaming about throwing a big christening party for LO for as long as I can remember!! :cloud9:

That sounds so lovely... I think we british are so boring when it comes to our social mannerisms.. it surely can't just be me that thinks you would probably get locked up in the loony bin for inviting the police dept, fire dept, local church, neighbours, friends, family to your house for a party!? :rofl: we're so BORING!!!! I think it's a lovely idea, if you've got the energy! I am already busy planning LO's christening in my head.. well, i've told DH all about it obviously :haha: we are having it in april 2012 at the church we married in, then it will be back to ours for a tea party in the orchard, followed by a bbq and party party for friends in the evening :thumbup: I can't wait already!!!! i've been dreaming about throwing a big christening party for LO for as long as I can remember!! :cloud9:

Now THAT is awesome! I can just see the tables in the middle of the orchard with beautiful centerpieces, candles....Ooooh, the party planner in me is just going MAD with excitement!:happydance: I'm sure this will be beautiful as I'm imagining it already in my head and It just looks so delicious!

The area I live in, people would think it's nuts as well. You go across the street and your kind of in the projects around here. We live in a pretty nice neighborhood, but it seems as though alot of riff raff come out in the summertime. I'm noticing alot more gang related stuff happening too. So inviting the police and fire department is my way of connecting with them while also thanking them for putting their lives on the line.

Christmastime comes and I bake TONS of cookies that go out to them all as well. It was time consuming this year.:wacko: I ALWAYS say I'm not going to do it the following year and my husbands cardiac unit starts counting down the days. So I figure I have to find the motivation to get it done for all the people waiting. Here's just a few they get:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/100_0466.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/100_0470.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Hisirishgem/chocolatemintcupcakeshalf.jpg

Anyways, I think your idea is beautiful. I hope you take pics so we are able to see.:winkwink::flower:

MA- I love throwing parties too! Having a 7 year old daughter has really been a blast and i always go waaaaay overboard with parties. We do one for her birthday, one in summer usually, and of course a huge halloween party each year:)

I am glad because I am throwing my sister's baby shower in July, so I get to get it all out of me and enjoy them to be the planners of my shower!

My shower with my daughter was so neat. I didn't know anything that was going on and they did so well. Only thing I really ended up buying for my daughter by myslef was her crib! This time im more impatient thought and want to go buying my stroller and other baby gear but keep wanting to wait til my showers!

Anyways, I think MA must be in a smaller community Nai, because I wouldnt think to invite all of those community people to a party either!

Anyways, I think MA must be in a smaller community Nai, because I wouldnt think to invite all of those community people to a party either!

Oh no, I live in the city of Syracuse, NY. :dohh::haha: We're upstate (5 hours) from New York City. I just LOVE parties. As I said, there tends to be alot of gang related activity in the summer and I like to have a repor with the emergency staff. Though our area across the street and beyond is usually safe, if you cross the street you'll find the projects. That's just the way it is in the city areas. It's why I'd like to move to the country eventually. We love the peace of the country, a bit close to the malls and shopping, but have the freedom to garden and raise chickens and/or goats. Hopefully one day we'll have that dream homestead of ours.

When I throw a party, I throw a party. :lol: It's why my husband gets nervous. We turn 40 in 4 years and I'm already planning that one. I'd like a HUGE tent out back, a band and instead of bringing gifts I'd like people to bring canned goods to go to local food pantries. Poor Doug. :haha:

All this talk of parties is fun! I went through a cookie baking phase and baked some holiday cookies last year. My aunt bakes a TON of cookies every Christmas and gives them to all her husband's clients as a thank you. I wanted to do that last year too as my DH has just started his own business. But I was too lazy.... oops. :dohh: Maybe this year? I will have sooooo much more time on my hands with a baby I'm sure. :haha:

DH and I like to throw Halloween parties. Maybe we'll do one again this year, baby will be a few weeks old and we could just invite a few close friends. I am determined that baby is going to have a halloween costume, no matter how tired and busy we are!

zb5- haha ive said the same, i am deffo gonna get a little halloween suit for my new baby :) How cute!! :)

We are currently trying to think of the perfect family theme costume for the three of us. DH has suggested Flinstones - Barney, Betty, and Bamm-Bamm. But I want to think of something better. Ideas anyone??

i think you guys know how to throw a proper party!! i can't wait for the christening, i'm going to go all out with bunting and lighting etc. I really can't wait :happydance: we don't really celebrate halloween that much ourselves, in fact i've only been to 1 halloween party ever and taken the kids trick or treating a couple of times :dohh: LO probably won't have a costume this year as technically she's meant to be joining us on that date! :haha:

ASFM, I am about to head off to bed, bit gutted this evening because i've been knitting LO's ziggyzag blanket which my dad bought me a knitting guide for and my mum taught me how to do all the stitches, we were going to head down there tomorrow for sunday dinner and then go to cinema with my nephew and we organised it all about 8pm.. Anyway, at 9pm i get a phone call back from my mum saying that dad has asked her to ring and tell me that a letter got sent home with my nephew from school yesterday (he lives with my mum [his nan] instead of his mum) and there's an outbreak of mumps in his class so all the children have to be monitored.. so he's not vaccinated for it, and nor am I :dohh: so dad doesn't want me coming down incase anyone is carrying it :cry:

So we'll be putting the 2nd coat of white undercoat paint on the nursery walls instead tomorrow, and probably head to the cinema just on our own.. but we were so looking forward to having a family day tomorrow :nope: oh well.. x

hehe our halloween costumes are going to be very bland.

me and OH will paint our faces like pumpkins, pooch will be dressed in a pooch pumpkin outfit and DD and baby will hopefully be in similar pumpkin outfits lol! il have to put a few plant pots of soil and leaves by the front door so that when people knock and we answer it will be like were still on the pumpkin patch lol! xx

I love the pumpkin idea with the dirt on the doorstep! How cute!

I was thinking of doing the Adams family maybe or the Jetsens! Idk....I will have a c section so not sure how much walking I'll be doing that soon, but can't imagine having my 7 year old miss trick or treating since it IS her favorite holiday. And she already has to miss having a halloween bash, I won't be able to do that this year with my healing. And funny thing is, thats one of my biggest bummers! I thought of that immediately when getting our due date. AGGGHHHH.

i think you guys know how to throw a proper party!! i can't wait for the christening, i'm going to go all out with bunting and lighting etc. I really can't wait :happydance: we don't really celebrate halloween that much ourselves, in fact i've only been to 1 halloween party ever and taken the kids trick or treating a couple of times :dohh: LO probably won't have a costume this year as technically she's meant to be joining us on that date! :haha:

ASFM, I am about to head off to bed, bit gutted this evening because i've been knitting LO's ziggyzag blanket which my dad bought me a knitting guide for and my mum taught me how to do all the stitches, we were going to head down there tomorrow for sunday dinner and then go to cinema with my nephew and we organised it all about 8pm.. Anyway, at 9pm i get a phone call back from my mum saying that dad has asked her to ring and tell me that a letter got sent home with my nephew from school yesterday (he lives with my mum [his nan] instead of his mum) and there's an outbreak of mumps in his class so all the children have to be monitored.. so he's not vaccinated for it, and nor am I :dohh: so dad doesn't want me coming down incase anyone is carrying it :cry:

So we'll be putting the 2nd coat of white undercoat paint on the nursery walls instead tomorrow, and probably head to the cinema just on our own.. but we were so looking forward to having a family day tomorrow :nope: oh well.. x

Well, I'm glad you found out ahead of time before you actually got to your parents. That would have been scary! Oh well, you can take this time for yourselves and have a date tomorrow afternoon. That's always good since when the little one comes you'll have limited time for awhile until you get an actual date.

You've reminded me that I should get started on some knitting. It's been hot here though and I'm just not in the mood to deal with wool.:haha: It would give me something to do on bed rest.

Zb, sounds like that good be a good little gathering. Who knows, maybe we'll be limiting that big party to a small handful. It's all going to depend on how the weather is, how long ago I had Amelia and what's going on that month. In the meantime, I guess I shouldn't look past the shower at the moment and be thankful for such a large amount of people coming to that party. I'm nervous it's going to be week 34. For me, D-day could be anytime, though I do PRAY she comes at 39wks in October. :lol: I suppose we shall see!

Ooh, the pumpkin patch idea is cute! I was thinking maybe Addams family too. Hmm...

Isn't it crazy we are starting to get close to V-day? Of course I hope all our babies stay inside until AT LEAST 37 weeks. Still, it feels good knowing they are getting big and strong in there. :)

MA - I'm stressed that with twins I have no idea when they'll come! A friend of mine who had triplets had hers at 29 weeks!!! That is the only reason I'm kinda thinking I should get a move on with getting myself organized and ready for the twins. It's hard when you're in the position of not quite knowing when the babies will arrive!

As for Halloween, my DD would be gutted if she couldn't go trick or treating so she'll go out that night and of course it's my Dh's birthday so we'll do a birthday dinner/cake. Last year I made a 3D sugar cookie haunted house ontop of the cake. It was so much fun to decorate. I have one costume from DD that one of the babies could wear which is a pumpkin outfit but I'll need something for the other baby. Depending on when I had my c-section will depend on whether I'll go out with DD to for candy. I'm hoping I will also be well enough to go to the annual Mayor's Haunted House thing they have for the kids.

As for Christening babies, we're non-religious so we don't participate but I love the idea for everyone to see the baby after it's born so we had a Welcome to the World party with DD and will likely do that again. We had everyone write a message to the baby, had a BBQ and a cake. Of course it was a great opportunity to get presents and the best part was I wasn't the centre of attention, baby was!

ZB yes, my milestone week is this upcoming week though. I'm FREAKING OUT! I can't WAIT to get past it. And I pray EVERYONE gets past viability here. it's not a fun experience. Lets all close our legs and hunker down at LEAST until 37wks. :winkwink: :thumbup:

Little Stars. I understand completely. Its why I'm having such a hard time with buying baby loot so early...yet I HAVE to start some things.

I started out buying a micropreemie outfit and two preemie outfits. They're all the cutest outfits I hope to NEVER use....with my last pregnancy I WILL NOT be ill-prepared though. The bigger things I wanted to wait until after wk 28. So we put a layaway on the nursery furniture and the only thing I purchased that's here is a lamp (something to celebrate when we first found out and I threw it in the closet), I found a baby Ergo carrier at a thrift store and saved over a hundred dollars, and I just received our first 2 dzn cloth prefolds with snappies. I'll be buying the covers next paycheck.

THEN I think the next thing I'll splurge on will be the carseat since you need it in order to take the baby home.

I'd also like to try for the pump. Having issues with the Perinatal Center writing the script and note and having issues with the flex spending covering it even though it's supposed to be a new law that allows you to use your flex spending for it.

We'll see!

Well, I'm glad you found out ahead of time before you actually got to your parents. That would have been scary! Oh well, you can take this time for yourselves and have a date tomorrow afternoon. That's always good since when the little one comes you'll have limited time for awhile until you get an actual date.

You've reminded me that I should get started on some knitting. It's been hot here though and I'm just not in the mood to deal with wool.:haha: It would give me something to do on bed rest.

We are definitely glad too that we found out before we went down, my dad was in a right old panic bless him! lol good thinking dad though!! mum didn't even think! :dohh: i just feel awful for my nephew cos we were going to go out to celebrate early for my birthday which is wednesday and now i feel like i'm really letting him down.. but i'm just not willing to take the risk at all. So i think next weekend we're going to take him bowling now and then cinema :thumbup: so he's got something to look forward to!

The other thing i only half explained above, is that i was taking the knitting to show mum and dad lol i don't know if that was obvious from my post or not! :haha:

Mum is a knitting machine at the moment!! We already have a green newborn cardi and a white jacket, then two lemon cardi's and jackets next size up, we went down last weekend and she had started a pink cardi, but when i spoke to her last night she said the pink cardi was finished, plus matching bonnet, mittens and socks.. PLUS one in blue (I had to beg her for blue :haha: "blue is for boys".. "no mum, it's really not, it's my favourite colour!!" lol) and now she's working on ANOTHER one!! she puts my new-found knitting "skills" to shame.. i'm not even 1/5th of the way through my blanket!! :haha:

micropreemie! Oh my, I truly hope not to need to hunt down that size! I'd think if they were that size they'd be stuck in the NICU anyway wearing nothing but a diaper in the incubator.

I think I really need to work on writing my list of stuff I REALLY need. There is a fair bit I can stagger and delay until after birth like a second crib and the jogging stroller. Also I need to lok into which stores give a discount for multiples. If the discount is bigger for triple purchases versus double purchases then I'm going to see if I can convince my sister to buy the same car seats as me so we can extra save! Something tells me that won't happen though. So far it would seem that her husband is being all controlling and obsessive about buying baby stuff, researching things etc. Can't wait to see how much fun he's going to be as a parent. Mon dieu!

I was just going to start a list today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->