October babies due dates and bump colours

Hi Ladies, ive posted a thread on second tri about LMP and US date difference and would appreciate any advice on the same, thank you so much.

brief: went for a scan today, supposed to be half way through tomorrow as you can see on my signature, but bubs was measuring 19 + 1 and according to my LMP i should be 20 wks tomorrow, im worried about growth of bubs, details in the thread on second tri forums,

thanks !

you might have ovulated late so your dating scan will often change your edd.. eg. i ovulated 3 days late so my baby measured 3 days "behind" but i was temping so i knew that i ovulated late anyway - so baby is measuring perfectly right! :thumbup: don't panic about it - as long as baby was healthy in there, i wouldn't worry x

Nai, sounds like your the greatest Auntie :hugs: He'll understand for now. It'll be a treat for him when you get to actually take him out but you must be momma to little one right now so keeping the baby safe is a MUST!

Holy Cats! Your mom IS a knitting machine. :lol: I'd imagine with her teaching you that you'll eventually get there. I'm sure she's had years of experience. I miss may gram as she tried to teach me young and I just didn't have the patience. Now I'm learning from a knitting store. Isn't so bad because these ladies are SO SWEET. But I'm behind and it'd help to have a mother-figure to come by and sit with me for awhile and do this with me. Gram (paternal gram) would have. My mom and dad aren't really a parent like that. If I need anything they can buy, they're there. On a more emotional side...eh, my mom is fine being my friend and my dad...well...sadly on the more selfish side. I love them, but will never change them. My mother figure was my gram and I'm glad to have had the time with her I have.

Littlestars, Yes, micro-preemies go directly to the nicu if they are viable that is. My son was born wk 22 and so he was born but no intervention took place. He stayed in my arms until he passed away 25 minutes later. His little lungs couldn't handle it. He was SO good though. He grabbed my finger which I thought he'd be too weak to do. He tried to cry a little and Doug and I kissed him. That 25 minutes was a blessing and more than many have gotten in our circumstances. My issue was that they were unequipped with clothes for a micropreemie. So he was thrown in a hankerchief. I was LIVID! I felt like a horrible mother. It's not something ANY mother thinks they'd go through so I wasn't ready and thus didn't have anything for him either. Praise God for my cousins who found something nice to bury him in.

On another note, I bought the micropreemie outfit for peace of mind. Not that I thought Amelia wouldn't make it (though there were times I was scared it would happen again) but because if she WAS born early, i'd have something for her to wear. There are nicu outfits that allow the wires to go through while also being able to keep the baby safe and warm. That's what I wanted. I think with my past experience...I just needed a piece of mind. Doug thought I was CRAZY buying a micropreemie outfit and preemie outfits. In my head though, after last time...I will NOT be ill prepared and count on the hospital again!

Today is wk 22 for me so it's THE MILESTONE. Right now I feel encouraged that we're getting through this week. I can't wait to get past 24 (viability) which will set my mind at ease a whole lot. As I said, once I get past these next few weeks I'll be more apt to but MORE things for the baby. Right now I just HAVE to get through these milestones. I couldn't bare to pack up a nursery again. It was WAY too hard. Heck, it was hard going through the baby things packed away from 2 years ago. I can't imagine having to do it over again. This time around though, I'm not planning that it will happen. Everything is SO different.

As for your twins. Twins can come early but I have a sister in law, a cousin and two friends with twins and each went at LEAST to 32 weeks if not to full term. So that's a good sign. All the twins are girls and they are all doing fine. Getting into a TON of trouble. :haha: Plus, my reasoning behind micropreemie stuff is because I actually had a preterm loss. As we know now, I have an incompetent cervix. So my issue is MUCH different. I'm SURE you'll make it to term. I bet by then you'll be waiting for them to hurry up. :haha:

Zb, it'll be fun to see your list! I love our little group here. So glad our dates are near each other.

I am really lucky, and obviously when you're younger you never think that a nice afternoon would be sipping a decaf coffee with your mum and just knitting in silence, but I loved our last afternoon like that when she taught me to do all the different stitches for this blanket :thumbup:

I am sure this time around that with your IC in check that little amelia will wait to come and greet you and won't need those little outfits, but I do understand your reasoning behind getting them.. I would have felt the same had my LO not had something to wear, but that's the hospital in the wrong and not you as a mummy so you shouldn't hold on to any guilt :hugs:

I am really lucky, and obviously when you're younger you never think that a nice afternoon would be sipping a decaf coffee with your mum and just knitting in silence, but I loved our last afternoon like that when she taught me to do all the different stitches for this blanket :thumbup:

I am sure this time around that with your IC in check that little amelia will wait to come and greet you and won't need those little outfits, but I do understand your reasoning behind getting them.. I would have felt the same had my LO not had something to wear, but that's the hospital in the wrong and not you as a mummy so you shouldn't hold on to any guilt :hugs:

Thank you so much!:hugs::kiss::flower:

The time you share with your mom is priceless and I bet she'll be a lovely grandmother! I also bet she and your dad will be of great support when baby arrives. They really seem like hands-on grandparents! Such a blessing!!:cloud9:

Mommy's Angel, it must feel very bittersweet to be hitting this milestone ... :hugs:

Who is waiting for scans now ... ?
I've two days left and SO friggin excited!! :dance:

:flower:

Mommy's Angel, it must feel very bittersweet to be hitting this milestone ... :hugs:

Oh yes, but I think I'm more anxious to just get right past this week into wk 23. I'm also trying to understand the difference from my last pregnancy.

We've been able to catch some things and actually because of the IC thread here with Lizzie...I was able to fight for the stitch because after talking with her I KNEW I had IC with my last experience. So having preventatives right now I'm more confident moving past this week.

I also keep in mind that my son is still ALIVE. Actually he's more alive than I am. This is a temporary home and our REAL home is in heaven. He's alive and well waiting for me to one day hold him for eternity!:happydance: Keeping that in mind just aids the process that I'm not walking away from Jackson Jeffrey, I'm moving TOWARD him. It's OKAY to move forward and it's OKAY to be excited that we're waiting for Amelia, his little sister to spend time with us here on earth.

It's taken some time, but I think I'm FINALLY allowing myself to breathe a bit more with each passing week. Wk 24 I'll go out and have a celebration meal. Hitting wk 36 I'll be down right giddy!:happydance::happydance::happydance::haha:

I have a scan, but I already know the gender (at least I hope I do. we'll confirm either way though this friday)

Can't WAIT to hear what your gender is!:happydance::hugs:

hello lovely ladies and bumps again I must apologise for being MIA, was again admitted to hospital last week with an asthma attack this time, then I managed to get out in time for our trip to Spain which was just what I needed. Im just about to upldate the front page I have LOADS to do so Im so sorry If I miss anyone or anything.

HUGE welcome to all the new ladies and big congrats to all the :blue: and :pink: bumps

Hope your all well xxx

20102001 - I am!!! lol Again. Doh! :)

MA - I was crying reading your story. I'm so glad that you've reached this milestone and have everything crossed that we all make it far beyond our V-days.

Oh yes, but I think I'm more anxious to just get right past this week into wk 23. I'm also trying to understand the difference from my last pregnancy.

We've been able to catch some things and actually because of the IC thread here with Lizzie...I was able to fight for the stitch because after talking with her I KNEW I had IC with my last experience. So having preventatives right now I'm more confident moving past this week.

I also keep in mind that my son is still ALIVE. Actually he's more alive than I am. This is a temporary home and our REAL home is in heaven. He's alive and well waiting for me to one day hold him for eternity!:happydance: Keeping that in mind just aids the process that I'm not walking away from Jackson Jeffrey, I'm moving TOWARD him. It's OKAY to move forward and it's OKAY to be excited that we're waiting for Amelia, his little sister to spend time with us here on earth.

It's taken some time, but I think I'm FINALLY allowing myself to breathe a bit more with each passing week. Wk 24 I'll go out and have a celebration meal. Hitting wk 36 I'll be down right giddy!:happydance::happydance::happydance::haha:

I have a scan, but I already know the gender (at least I hope I do. we'll confirm either way though this friday)

Can't WAIT to hear what your gender is!:happydance::hugs:

You're so amazing hun, very positive way of thinking about things!
:hugs:

Aww I can't wait to know either BUT it won't be for another 4 months :haha:
We're not finding out, we're going for the suprise at birth :D :thumbup:

MA - I was crying reading your story. I'm so glad that you've reached this milestone and have everything crossed that we all make it far beyond our V-days.

How long do you have left ... ?
My few weeks leading up to mine have flown by!

Babyhopes - I'll admit that right now I'm really too lazy to go read the full thread but here's my two cents: You might have ovulated later than normal by a day or three and/or implated a little later by a day or three. My doctor told me that the measurments are approximate and being +/- by near to a week is totally acceptable. It's more about growth from scan to scan. I'm ahead by a few days which is silly since I know for a fact when my egg was ovulated because of IVF, but I am tall and so is husband and my daughter was REALLY long when she was born so I chalk it up to another long baby or two inside of me. If you have real fears then you should talk to your doctor, it's amazing how they can calm us crazy pregnant ladies when we think nothing could. Trust me, I was near hysterics when I was having bleeding early on. :)

How long do you have left ... ?
My few weeks leading up to mine have flown by!

17 more days, I'll be 22w6d. I'm thinking if it doesn't work this time around we should switch to team:yellow: but DH doesn't like that idea. Third time's a charm though so fingers crossed!

EMMAM whats your edd?
Babyhopes2323 whats your edd? sorry if I missed it just so I can update the front page plus bump colours thanks xxxx

im still waiting for my scan too! not long left for us tho! i couldnt imagine not knowing the sex of bubba, it wud just seem so strange to me, i dont know how you yellow ladies do it! id feel so un prepared! plus im 1of those people who hates to get stopped on the street by every old granny asking the sex of bubs, at least if i walk fast and they see a flash of blue or pink then they will know! plus with bab being due oct and flu season looming im going to be walking even quicker!

Mommy's Angel my fingers are crossed that this lil bubs stays in the cozy warm well into and beyond week 37! and hopefully those mini clothes will never be needed! This bubs will grow up with a very special guardian angel. xx

and here my 23 week bump piccy meant to do one at 20 weeks but with everything thats gone on Ive not had the chance xxx

https://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/gash02/IMG01611-20110605-2321.jpg

Gash- I love your bump. I wish mine looked like that. lol

Here is my 21w2d bump

Pregnancy 009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79