October babies due dates and bump colours

we were told we could have our 3d from 24 weeks but best before 32 weeks cos otherwise no room and legs end up around heads lol xx

Lol that is true about the legs. With mine at 30 weeks Ava had her legs by her face the whole time. Luckily they were on the side on her head(in front sometimes though)

Actually here's a picture lol. You can see her legs right on her face with her arms holding them there.

We have clothes from years of dreaming (10 to be exact) other than that, the only thing i have directly are the newborn trifold cloth diapers that just came in todays mail. I REFUSE to buy baby furniture until wk 28 so we have put the crib, dresser and mattress on layaway until July. :winkwink: Other than that, everything else is going on the registry for the shower.

Speaking of registry. I'm not liking it one bit! Walmarts is dysfunctional and takes FOREVER to navigate through. Went to the store and the managers and employees took LITERALLY 40 minutes going from associate to associate to see if anyone knew how to work the scanner. We just left.

Babies R Us keeps going out of items I have on the registry and the stroller I have doesn't have the matching color for the infant carseat/carrier. Who carries red and black strollers (the highest selling colors) and only sell the grey, green and cow looking colors.? :shrug:

Finally decided on target. They have the items in stock but the major items like the stroller and carseat have to be purchased online. :wacko: This is my first time for registering for a shower and I feel all funny about putting items on the registry because I don't want people to think I'm greedy.

I'd just assume buy everything myself. This makes me all nervous! I'm fine buying others gifts, but receiving them myself makes me feel odd. :haha:

i had a similar issue with babies r u...i found a double stroller and car seats that matched (which wasnt easy to do) that i loved...then they discontinued it! I was so agitated..lol

i had a similar issue with babies r u...i found a double stroller and car seats that matched (which wasnt easy to do) that i loved...then they discontinued it! I was so agitated..lol

I contacted them twice and they just acted like they didn't care the second time when I told them I'd have to go elsewhere if they couldn't help come up with a plan. They said they can NEVER guarantee products. Okay, but then don't LEAVE products that have been discontinued ONLINE to choose from!:wacko:

Wish we had a buy buy baby near us. They are AWESOME! The closest one though is 2 hours. Not at all realistic for people to drive.

We had trouble shopping for our friend's shower with their Babies R Us registry. We managed to find one thing off the registry (a towel! haha) and just picked other stuff that looked cute (onesie, stuffed animal). Our friends didn't seem to mind but it kind of defeats the point in a registry if you can't find anything....

Hi Ladies :hi:

Great topics of conversation at the moment!

I have bought my travel system, car seat and base, moses basket with stand, manual breast pump, and changing bag....so far!

And we are going for our 3D/4D scan when we are 28 weeks. So excited! (Yourstruly, Ava looks so cute in that 4D scan pic!)

Also, Im kinda relieved we dont have baby showers, or registries, here in the UK. it sounds far too stressful!!

Hope you're all well!

xx

i had my 20 week scan today as per usuall lil man was being a monkey!

i had first scan got the head and waist and leg leng-circumfrence and top lip for clef.... had to go pee 2nd scan couldnt get pic of the heart but saw both kidneys and his rather well endowed manly bits lol it was zooomed in quiet a bit :haha:
had to go out have a fizzy drink see if likkle man will move from breach position,,,,had the drink and well.... nope!! head on his chest and arms over chest we did see his heart fluttering but they couldnt get the right pic so 2 weeks time were going back for another scan :)

Baby- least you get another scan:) Can't be mad about that! Mine gave up everything so quickly that ours was so short! Oh well, maybe my lil guy will be easy. Ha!

Shelleny- wow you are all prepared! I am jealous, and slightly stressed out about how far you have gotten. lol. I haven't even thought too much about baby gear. EEEEEK!

I am still unsure about having a baby shower. This is my second baby, the first is 7 years old and a girl. So this is my first boy. BUT, the catch is, this is my first baby with OH so it is his first baby in total.....so everyone thinks that I should definitely have a shower for this baby. Espeically with my daugher so old, i didn't keep anything. Idk...thoguhts? I have issues with taking from people and don't want a bit to-do if it looks tacky! My sister soooo wants to throw me a shower though. Bless her:) I am throwing hers too, she is due 2 months before me.

Nypage - I'm in a slightly similar situation.. I am having #2 (&3) and don't really want a shower. I hate being the centre of attention and honestly although I could use the financial help for buying the big gear I don't need a bunch of lame crappy gifts that you usually get. If everyone pooled together and got me a gift card that would be nice but then I'd be embarrassed about the money. Can't win either way really. I did save a lot of my stuff but most of the clothing is 6 month off seasons-wise and the expensive stroller is useless. Meh. My mom said something to me like if I gave my stroller to my sister then she'd help out towards a new stroller (the one I'm in love with so far is $850 pre-tax!!!) but chances are I'll just get a cheaper one since really a stroller is only used for what 2.5 years at most.

My goal this week was to get the spareroom emptied out.. I did work on it a tiny bit but sadly admit I am no where near done. FAIL! I'll try again next week.

As for my scan yesterday....
I had my scan yesterday and it was rather anticlimatic in the end. The scan seemed to take forever but they are REALLY thorough at the hospital because it's for the high risk patients. Anyway, DD was bored to tears and after a while honestly I was too. The technician tried so so so so hard to see the genders of both babies. They are both still transverse (one high, one low), with their heads on my left side and they are belly to belly/face to face. Cute! But alas... their legs were completely blocking any potty shot despite our efforts. So we were not able to confirm the wishy washy results of Baby B being a girl and still have no clue for Baby A.

I was supposed to go for another US in two weeks but doctor thought he'd give me a break and let me go in 3 weeks since it's still a tad early and things are going well so I'm not back in for another attempt at gender until June 22nd. Ahhhh!!! So still no more shopping and getting ahead of the game. It's kinda fine really, saving us a fortune not having me wandering around the baby shops with permission to buy. lol

Found out my sister is expecting a little girl though, even though she was so sure she was having a boy because of how she was carrying.

I have a wedding to go to tonight, a cocktail reception.. oh joy. So not looking forward to this. I don't know anyone at it except MIL. Blech! I'll post a picture of my 20 week bump all dressed up tomorrow! :)

Little- I totally wish i could not feel guilty about just getting a big gift card! Or have people just buy my big items and not mess with the 45 size newborn cute boy outfits that I won't ever use! I really want my stroller and crib bought for me but feel so guilt all the time for things given to me! A friend at work offered her swing, and I was like, sure, how much? She said free. I was like no way, so she agreed to 20 bucks. Just to placate me really, not like she needs the 20 bucks but I feel a little better!

Sorry about your babies being difficult, i am really interested to know what the elusive Baby A's gender is! They weren't even able to confirm baby B? Crazy! Oh well, you technically don't even have to start buying until 30 weeks....and even clothing and such, people do usually gift those, even without a baby shower. It will all get done! There's time!

how about you girls worried about looking a bit cheeky at a baby shower ask somebody else to throw it for you, a surprise 1, act all surprised and keep repeating i didnt want a shower! Everybody invited is bound to ask the person throwing it what they should buy, so get them to say oh i dont know what she already has so probably best to go the easy option and get a gift card, it will make you feel better that you havnt personally asked for it! lol!

Im not having a baby shower, mainly because its not a 'thing' here and im sooo jealous! i want a baby shower lol!! xxx

i want a babyshower too hun haha but i dont wana like ask someone "hi can u throw me a babyshower" lol!!!

Yeh they look really fun :)

It is really a strange concept of the baby shower! I think it originated like at work when the mother was going on leave the people would throw one together there. Now its gone bigger, and people do it with friends at home and some have one shower at work, one for friends and one for family! Yikes! I am throwing one for my sister in July so am kinda stressed thinking of stuff for that!

For you girls who don't do showers over there- do people buy you gifts or bring gifts to hospital or dont people typically buy you stuff for baby?

I don't know what I'll do for a shower either. I guess it is the norm over here but I'm also not one for being the center of attention. I never had a bridal shower. Plus we'll be moving across the country when I'm around 34 weeks. I would feel bad inviting all my friends to a party to give me presents, then saying "Bye suckers, never gonna see you again!" I like to think that people want to buy me gifts because they intend on being part of my life.

Maybe I will throw myself a going-away party and if people decide to bring small gifts then they can, but I won't ask. But then the people who don't bring gifts might feel bad... hmm.

On the other hand, I will have no guilt at all accepting gifts from my parents, bring on the parent gifts! :)

Hi ladies,

chichestermum, My mom actually brought it up to Doug in front of me and wanted him to check if our church would allow her to have a combined shower. So that's how I know. Which brings me to the next subject...

Baby Showers aren't really supposed to be all that stressful. I'm making more out of it than it really is. Seems as though things are going well in the baby area so far and I seem to find other areas to freak out about these day.:wacko::haha:

My husband said he wants me to be completely OUT OF IT. I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING. He, my mom, his mom and a couple ladies from the church will take care of it.

Now HERE'S where I get a bit odd. I LOVE parties! I LOVE hosting them and putting them on. I just don't like being the center of attention. Just throwing them. So I'd actually LOVE to plan. As soon as I got on the invitation site my husband said, Eh, eh eh....NO planning.

Today I'm looking at the Italian Cookie Baker and it would make a LOVELY snack at the shower and I can't do a thing. I'm trying to leave hints and it's just not working. :rofl: My husband said to me, "you just don't like being in control". Ho hum, I suppose he's right. There are negatives. I'm not perfect ya know.:blush::haha:

So, looks like the only thing I'm ALLOWED to do is deal with the registry. But OH if I had my choice, I'd be hiring a DJ, getting the food together and having a PARTY! :lol: I'm DYING to host a party!:happydance::dohh:

I did decide I'm putting items of all pricing on so that people can choose from cheaper items OR go in with each other on the bigger items. This is my only child in the 10 years I've been trying and I'm not sure if we'll be able to have more in the future. So I'm putting things on my list that I'd want and not necessarily what's the cheapest. If people want what's on the list, FINE, if they don't they are free to choose what they wish.

NYPAGE, I would let them put that shower on for you. You have an 8 year old. This is TOTALLY different this time and you have a new newborn and new clothes to buy to boot. If it can help just a little bit then it'll be worth it.:winkwink::flower:

Oh, and I know someone with 5 kids and twins on the way who is getting a shower too. So I'm assuming it's not just for a first child. I don't know etiquette though for these things.

I suppose I'd have LESS stress if I'd just let go and let them all plan as they wish. Control is a terrible thing to hold onto when life is never that way. :winkwink: :thumbup: The sooner I realize this in my mid thirties the better!

I am the same MA, I'd like to plan a party but not be the center of attention at it! :haha: That is cute of your DH making you stay out of it though. As long as it doesn't drive you too crazy!

i want a baby shower too.. should be fun whatever number of times around !xx

In the UK, the baby's grandparents usually chip in for the big purchases during the pregnancy (travel system, cotbed, etc).
Often, when you leave work to go on maternity leave, your colleagues may have put together a "baby basket" where each person has bought a little something for the baby (vests, babygros, bibs, etc). Its all put in a basket and presented to you on your last day of work.
Then once you've had the baby, friends and extended family come round and visit. They often bring a congratulations card, and a small item of baby clothing as a gift.
Any other UK ladies have anything to add? lol :flower:
xx

im from the uk and having a baby shower :) nothing to big but my aunt has said your not getting anything of me untill baby is here its bad luck...then 5 mins later ooo look what ive brought baby and then gave it to me :hehe:

Im for the UK , my parents have bought us the pram system with our 1st and they have done the same this time, When the baby is born friends and family usually buy clothing etc and a card as a gift for the new baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->