*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Rbourre congrats on the blue bump, I think the announcement still turned out lovely.

Thanks Sprite and MamaMac!

I love the idea of an owl themed nursery-it works well for either gender.

Cntrygal is that your latest bump pic featured for your profile? Super cute!

I will be praying for good news for you Mrs. Eleflump on the 19th :hugs:

Cool find on the winter bottles:) I have no plans for anyone to watch baby for long enough time that I am not worried about that. If it changes I will pump. Though if baby is anything like me...I REFUSED any and all bottles and would wait to be BF:p. She worked a very PT job when I was a bit older and adjusted my feeds around her work.

One of the reasons I shopped early was I bought many used items and wanted plenty of time to find great pieces. And being big to start with I figured it was better to shop now then be tired and HUGE. That may have back fired as I am 262 at moment. Started around 275-280. I felt jipped from first pregnancy that ended in MC as felt I never enjoyed it as at dating scan it was obvious baby was way behind. I had only bought a toy for that baby and then started bleeding. So when I found out I started planning and bought things so early on. Stroller was first big item for $10. It was so meant to be of right time/right place and it was just being put on display so had to grab it. I took it as a sign that all would be ok as colors/pattern is something I would have paid extra for in store had I gone new.

Congrats on the new gender reveals!

Re: Preparedness: We're pretty well prepared for either gender (which is nice considering we're staying team yellow!) we're all set for a boy with fall/winter items as my son was born in Jan. But where we were living when my daughter was born in Feb. it started getting fairly warm around mid March or so and didn't really need a lot of cold weather items. So we're not exactly prepared with baby girl fall/winter stuff, but a friend of a friend sent me some girl things that she was getting rid of and it's mostly winter stuff. But as for big items, we're totally set.

Re: Bottles: I have between 2-5 bottles hanging around. I only have those in case of needing to use my hand pump to feed in the car. Neither one of my older two ever really took a bottle or pacifier, so I don't see the need for more than that.

Re: Vitamins: I take a one a day prenatal made by Rainbow Light that are vegan and don't make me sick! I also take a hemp oil supplement in place of fish oil supplements for all my essential oils and minerals.

AFM: The weather has been getting warmer and warmer which is so nice! The kids can play outside more, except when the wind is blowing. The wind where we live is horrible during early spring due to the snow melting off the mountain peaks.

Things with baby are going really well. I have been feeling really good, but have been getting more soreness in my back lately. Still measuring on schedule, haven't used the doppler for about a week now, so not sure what baby's HR is at the moment but Dh told me this morning he felt baby moving around while he was cuddling me while I was asleep. :) 21 weeks on Wednesday! :happydance: Will have to try to get a recent bump pic take and posted!

Hope all you ladies are doing well!! :flower: xxx

Congrats rbourre - love the announcement! You were obviously right when you saw something at the last scan!

Newlywed - that's frustrating baby wouldn't cooperate but I'm sure he/she will do do in the private scan. I think they will take more time in a private scan to try and move baby around. I was asked to bend and stretch and walk during mine when they couldn't see baby's brain properly and we did a lot of prodding the belly! On the plus side you will get to see baby again soon!

I'm also not prepared at all. I just have the buggy which is at my mums but we have absolutely nothing in our house yet! I think we've been a bit cautious but after our holiday this week I think we will start properly shopping. We've had so many offers from people wanting to give us stuff which is great too!

Congrats on team blue rbourre, lovely announcement photos too.

We haven't really bought much for baby yet apart from a few bits of clothing. Mostly because we have all the big items from our first two but also because we miscarried before this pregnancy I was really nervous to buy anything until recently so I definitely understand the ladies who are feeling similar.

I'm still taking pregnacare vitamins but I do forget now and then.

Still need everything for the nursery & a double pushchair. Really want a good tandem but struggling to justify the cost when it'll prob only be used for 6 months max, however it'll be a lifesaver I think during that time.

If you are only going to use a double for 6 months have you thought about getting a good carrier or wrap instead and wearing baby and pushing the other? I know its not for everyone but its an idea :)

im wearing my baby if I go out with the twins.

I just went through and took pictures of some of my girls clothes I am selling. My daughter had sooooooo many clothes. I have to get rid of all of this stuff before July or it all gets donated. I'd love to be able to donate it all, but I have to buy a whole new boy wardrobe and I'd like to be able to put some of the money towards that.

Just scheduled a private scan for the day before the party. Baby better cooperate this time!!!
Hopefully baby cooperates!

Rbourre - congrats on team blue!!

AFM- I don't feel lie I'm even close to being ready for baby. I bought a crib that just got delivered today and some nursery decor but that's it. The nursery still needs to get cleaned out and painted and I still have to register. Registering seems so overwhelming being a first time mom. I have no idea what to even get. I've been trying to research strollers and car seats so I have some idea when I go into the store what I want before hand.

Just scheduled a private scan for the day before the party. Baby better cooperate this time!!!
Hopefully baby cooperates!

Rbourre - congrats on team blue!!

AFM- I don't feel lie I'm even close to being ready for baby. I bought a crib that just got delivered today and some nursery decor but that's it. The nursery still needs to get cleaned out and painted and I still have to register. Registering seems so overwhelming being a first time mom. I have no idea what to even get. I've been trying to research strollers and car seats so I have some idea when I go into the store what I want before hand.

It is very overwhelming! At least for me it was. I cried like three times doing the registry because I was so overwhelmed.

I also don't feel ready. Besides nursery decor and some baby clothes we have nothing. No crib, or really anything. My husband wants to wait to buy anything until after the baby shower to start buying anything.

Congrats on the boy rbourre!

Hi ladies!! I haven't checked in for a while, but I silently stalk. ; )

We had the gender scan today, and are now officially team BLUE!! : )

I was actually pretty surprised, but am ecstatic about having another little boy! : )

Congrats soblessedmama! Welcome to team blue!

So many blue bumps here, thought girls were making a comeback but now I'm not too sure!

Congrats SoBlessedMama!!!!

21 weeks today. Definitely seems to be going by more quickly now.

Happy 21 weeks cntrygal and congrats soblessedmama!! :)

How's everyone getting on with names so far? Think we've pretty much decided on Jackson. Although I haven't made up my mind 100%, dh and the two kids refer to bump as Jackson lol. Having trouble with middle names though. Ds an dd both have 2 middle names but there's only one we like/want for this little one and I don't know if we should try an find another so they all have two or if it will be ok if this one only has one? What do you ladies think?

if we ever find out if baby is a boy or girl :haha:
Boy: Grayson Allen
Girl: Emersyn Lynn

We're going with 2 middles names mainly because our eldest has 2, doesn't seem to fair to not given them both 2. Ds1 has our grandads names, we're going to give ds2 DH name but struggling on finding a second with a family connection that we like.

Our short list for his first name is currently -

Toby
Logan
Quinn
Cohen
Josh
Reuben
Maxwell

Not really very short! I'm turn between all of them! What do you ladies like?

Newlywed - I love Grayson but DH wouldn't go for it.

Happy 21 weeks cntrygal and congrats soblessedmama!! :)

How's everyone getting on with names so far? Think we've pretty much decided on Jackson. Although I haven't made up my mind 100%, dh and the two kids refer to bump as Jackson lol. Having trouble with middle names though. Ds an dd both have 2 middle names but there's only one we like/want for this little one and I don't know if we should try an find another so they all have two or if it will be ok if this one only has one? What do you ladies think?

I think one would be fine. But at the same time he might feel different or even get teased by his siblings for only having one. Maybe try to find a second.

Newlywed cute names!

We have decided on Alexander Thomas for our boy.

We're going with 2 middles names mainly because our eldest has 2, doesn't seem to fair to not given them both 2. Ds1 has our grandads names, we're going to give ds2 DH name but struggling on finding a second with a family connection that we like.

Our short list for his first name is currently -

Toby
Logan
Quinn
Cohen
Josh
Reuben
Maxwell

Not really very short! I'm turn between all of them! What do you ladies like?

Newlywed - I love Grayson but DH wouldn't go for it.

My hubby loves it, I was surprised, I thought he would hate it.

Congrats on the blue bump, soblessedmama!

Haha, there are so many blue bumps, can't wait until October when we see how many of the yellow bumps turn blue or pink!

As for names, I have tons of names that I like but my hubby is so picky! Plus with us staying team yellow again, it's just easier for us to really settle on names after baby is born. Beauty of home births, no one asking you right away what baby's name is, lol! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->