*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I have three bottles of one size, and three bottles of a different size.

Anyone else get painful braxton hicks? I've had them wake me from my sleep they hurt that much last night, and it's not the first time they have done that!

I started having Braxton hicks earlier this week that have been preventing me from sleeping very well. I try to stay hydrated really well as they say that can irritate things and bring them about, but that hasn't seemed to help. I experienced the same thing with my last pregnancy, it's not very fun. I am sorry that you are experiencing the same thing.

Baby is so strong with his kicks now.. even though my placenta is anterior i feel him all time and got him on video friday night... We officially have all the big items!!!!! now just for small bits like clothes and toiletries :D is anyone else prepared?xx

Were officially prepared. Just picked up the bassinet yesterday at a yard sale and I love it was so happy to find this one . All we need now is little toiletries and such.

I took pics of most of what we have exept the pack n play and bassinet, haven't had a chance to wash and set them up yet

https://s1270.photobucket.com/user/anonymous545/library/Mobile Uploads

This post and the many comments that followed make me feel so ill prepared. TBH I haven't purchased much of anything. We have a cradle, as it's a family heirloom-but even that is still put away. I think with losing one of our twins early on and having given birth prematurely last time (my daughter is nearly 6 years old now) my husband and I are a little leery of putting things together. I had purchased a breastfeeding cover about a month ago and my husband expressed that he didn't want to get too excited about making baby arrangements until V-day. We still haven't even shared news that I am expecting with friends and family.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

You shouldn't be made to feel ill prepared. Everyone is ready at different stages. I experienced recurrent miscarriage and I'm not counting my chickens, but for me personally, I feel better knowing that things are ready, and that I can relax as things go on. Plus I'm so busy it's nice to have things checked off my list.

Considering you lost a twin already this pregnancy, I would say it's completely understandable. :flower:

Baby is so strong with his kicks now.. even though my placenta is anterior i feel him all time and got him on video friday night... We officially have all the big items!!!!! now just for small bits like clothes and toiletries :D is anyone else prepared?xx

Were officially prepared. Just picked up the bassinet yesterday at a yard sale and I love it was so happy to find this one . All we need now is little toiletries and such.

I took pics of most of what we have exept the pack n play and bassinet, haven't had a chance to wash and set them up yet

This post and the many comments that followed make me feel so ill prepared. TBH I haven't purchased much of anything. We have a cradle, as it's a family heirloom-but even that is still put away. I think with losing one of our twins early on and having given birth prematurely last time (my daughter is nearly 6 years old now) my husband and I are a little leery of putting things together. I had purchased a breastfeeding cover about a month ago and my husband expressed that he didn't want to get too excited about making baby arrangements until V-day. We still haven't even shared news that I am expecting with friends and family.

Don't let me get you down. I think I have the complete opposite problem then you. I have cervix issues and it took us forever to conceive and then all along the doc was warning that my cervix might not hold up and baby will come early so while we have this huge need to make it to v-day I also had this horrible feeling that I needed to have everything ready for baby in case I did go into preterm labor. This is my first and I think I'm just overly excited. We hardly bought anything new everything we have is hand me down or bought at a consignment events. I really do think I'm just crazy. When we moved into this house 5 years ago I purposely picked a gender neutral color so that we wouldn't have to re paint so I think I'm just crazy lol

Baby wouldnt cooperate, couldnt get good heart images, hardly any face shots, and had it's legs crossed tight. So I either pay 130$ for a private scan so we can stil lhave our gender reveal party, or make it just a baby shower and wait the 4 weeks to go back so the doctor can get good heart pictures.

Thanks ladies. I think I have just been really emotional as life has changed so much for me since becoming pregnant. I went from working full time at the hospital and always go go go to a stay-at-home mom on modified bedrest. And since we are being so cautious about telling people I feel like I haven't been able to be excited about being blessed with another little one. I would love to go and purchase layette and nursery items but I also want to respect my husbands' feelings, especially since I know how difficult it must have been for him to be so honest with me about it.

I don't think that it is crazy at all to want to nest and be prepared, especially given the chance that baby may come early. Our daughter came weeks before her baby shower was scheduled. And as for having picked out a gender neutral color years ago I think that was excellent planning!!

Just scheduled a private scan for the day before the party. Baby better cooperate this time!!!

Just scheduled a private scan for the day before the party. Baby better cooperate this time!!!

Hope baby co-operates for you. Mine was being stubborn on Friday at my ultrasound but we did manage to get everything finally.

I called my doctor's office 2 hours ago to ask the gender and they have the results but the receptionist wouldn't tell me. She said that a nurse would call and let me know, which is fine but it's taking so long. I'm getting frustrated because it's my baby and nobody will tell me if it's a boy or a girl. They are on lunch now, so I am hoping that when they get back from lunch they will call.

Any guesses girls?

As far as being prepared, all we have is a carseat and a stroller. and tons of clothes. It's hard on me not being ready yet!

Attachments

• CAMP_TORIE_6.jpg
    CAMP_TORIE_6.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17

Wow, I'm impressed you have so much already! I've bought 2 things for the baby. 1) A quilt kit that I want my Mom to put together and quilt that I'll also be using to pick out colors for the nursery, and 2) bought a onesie over the weekend that say's "I Love My Daddy" to give to DH for Father's Day. My BFF in the whole wide world will be bringing down her sisters pack n' play w/ bassinet when she comes to paint the nursery. I'm not too concerned with getting a crib right away since I know I'll want the baby in the bassinet in the bedroom/with me. OH SIL & BIL bought us a cow bean bag for baby too. So just a few random items here. lol

Thanks ladies. I think I have just been really emotional as life has changed so much for me since becoming pregnant. I went from working full time at the hospital and always go go go to a stay-at-home mom on modified bedrest. And since we are being so cautious about telling people I feel like I haven't been able to be excited about being blessed with another little one. I would love to go and purchase layette and nursery items but I also want to respect my husbands' feelings, especially since I know how difficult it must have been for him to be so honest with me about it.

I don't think that it is crazy at all to want to nest and be prepared, especially given the chance that baby may come early. Our daughter came weeks before her baby shower was scheduled. And as for having picked out a gender neutral color years ago I think that was excellent planning!!

That's completely understandable. And it is very kind of you to respect your husbands feelings on the situation as well. You've got a lot of changes going on right now and I def learned thru this whole process that baby doesn't really need much right away. Many baby items are more of a want or a convenience then a necessity anyway.

Another team :blue: here. Here's my gender reveal. It didn't turn out like I wanted, my daughter was refusing to hold the shirts.

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/rhayward19/pizapcom14017145044631.jpg

https://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/rhayward19/pizapcom14017148490101.jpg

Newlywed the skull looks girly, we've got a thread going on my fb homebirth group this evening guessing people's nubs and skulls LOL

Congrats on team blue, love the pics. X

I think this is totally understandable. One of my best friends is going through a very similar situation. She's only a week behind me and just barely told me she's pregnant. She was having twins and lost one early on. We were talking last night and I was busy working in the nursery and all the stuff we have already and she was like "oh man, we have nothing!"

I think when you experience loss like that it almost feels like a jinx to prepare. It's easier to not get anything until you feel safer and more secure in the pregnancy. :hugs:

Rbourre the gender reveal is soooo cute! Love it!

Congrats on the new gender reveals!!!

Vitamins - I'm taking prenatals plus an extra folic acid as well as a couple prescriptions my doc has me on and I'm also taking a fish oil supplement.

As far as being prepared we're just about there! I need to get our diapers as we are doing cloth but I think that's the last big item we need. We have all the nursery furniture except I need a little side table to go next to the nursing chair. My mom is coming next week and we are doing the nursery together.

This past weekend I tore apart all the items I have (almost all I've gotten second hand for cheap or free) and got everything washed up and Lysol wiped. My hubby also got the cribs put together and I bought the mattresses for them. So excited! It's making it all seem so real!

I decided a month or two ago that I wanted to do an owl theme in the nursery and assuming it's not two boys then I found really cute owl stuff at Target in a pink and green theme. I've held off buying waiting to find out genders but today they had all those things on for but one get one free! So I went ahead and bought it all. If it's two boys I'll just return I guess haha. I probably just insured it's two boys! Haha I even dreamed that last night. We find out in a week! Can't wait!!!!!

We are not prepared at all! We've decided to go shopping on our birthday weekend/on my birthday, at the end of this month, but to date we only have the rocking chair and chest of drawers (both of which we had already), a few items of clothing, and the nursery is painted yellow but not not 'decorated' yet, though will be doing that in the next few weeks.

I suppose we're waiting to get the big stuff because by the end of the month we will have an idea of whether the baby is likely to have heart block or not, and if so, how bad it will be. All looked fine on the anomaly scan, but it was still too early to tell, so until we (hopefully) hear the magic words from the obstetrician on June 19th, I'm still going to be stressing. Even if this scan is clear, it could still develop later, but from what I've been told, if it comes on later it's not likely to be as severe as it would be if it started earlier.

I thought I was going to be fine buying after 20 weeks, but actually I feel a lot better about waiting til the end of this month, though I have been window shopping and trying to make shortlists of the bigger things so I'm not going in totally clueless. Hopefully by 30 weeks we'll be mostly sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->