*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Sorry to sideline your conversations but I love seeing all these lovely baby bumps. Everyone looks so cute and I seriously thought I did too. I'll be posting a bump pic tomorrow after I get together for the day but i am finding it so strange that people are actually shocked when I say I am pregnant, like uh yes, this is def a baby it's not just fat!!! And it's like 3 different people now, I'm so confused. Here is my bump at 20 weeks and I'm over 22 now and clearly bigger yet we went to an amusement park over the weekend and I ran into a nice women I know from a local restaurant she's a hostess so she always chit chats with us and she was seriously like "oh why aren't you going on any rides" and I responded "because I can't I'm pregnant" and she looked at me so strange and said "are you really I had no idea, does so and so know? " I mean granted ive only gained between 3-5 lbs but still ...I look pregnant.

Dh says that people probably just don't want to assume and offend me. But honestly I think it might be more offensive that people think I'm just fat. Lol

And just today I bought a bedding set from this woman on craigslist and I met her on my lunch break and bless her heart she was so nice and gave me such a great deal and even brought other stuff to give for free but even she was like uh, are you pregnant now? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 11
Sorry to sideline your conversations but I love seeing all these lovely baby bumps. Everyone looks so cute and I seriously thought I did too. I'll be posting a bump pic tomorrow after I get together for the day but i am finding it so strange that people are actually shocked when I say I am pregnant, like uh yes, this is def a baby it's not just fat!!! And it's like 3 different people now, I'm so confused. Here is my bump at 20 weeks and I'm over 22 now and clearly bigger yet we went to an amusement park over the weekend and I ran into a nice women I know from a local restaurant she's a hostess so she always chit chats with us and she was seriously like "oh why aren't you going on any rides" and I responded "because I can't I'm pregnant" and she looked at me so strange and said "are you really I had no idea, does so and so know? " I mean granted ive only gained between 3-5 lbs but still ...I look pregnant.

Dh says that people probably just don't want to assume and offend me. But honestly I think it might be more offensive that people think I'm just fat. Lol

And just today I bought a bedding set from this woman on craigslist and I met her on my lunch break and bless her heart she was so nice and gave me such a great deal and even brought other stuff to give for free but even she was like uh, are you pregnant now? Lol

I think some people think it is "impolite" to assume one is pregnant...especially if you assume wrong and the individual just packed on a few pounds in the mid-section. :shrug:

Here is my 9+3 pic, this is probably very close to my normal weight maybe alittle bloating

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
AshleyLK;32869599 I think some people think it is "impolite" to assume one is pregnant...especially if you assume wrong and the individual just packed on a few pounds in the mid-section. :shrug:[/QUOTE said:
Very true, but I can't wait until I clearly look pregnant

I agree, I havent had a whole lot of people say anything about me being pregnant without me saying something first, I think it's just being polite. I can't tell you how many people asked when my baby was due waaay before we got pregnant. Now nobody says anything! Lol

I think you look pregnant! Do you usually wear looser shirts though? I notice I get more comments when I wear something tighter, or something that has a tie or belt above my bump. When I wear a looser shirt I dont even think I look pregnant, just fat :haha:

Right, geez I guess I can't win, before I got pregnant everyone was asking me when we were gonna have kids probably trying to figure out if I was already pregnant lol and now nothing.

Thanks I'm glad someone besides my dh thinks so. I have been wearing looser shirts lately actually. I used to wear nothing but those v neck tank tops from old navy but I find I'm constantly pulling them down or adjusting it so I went out and bought a whole bunch of looser shirts that I thought I could probably wear during and after I have baby.

Mushy milk - Bruce Wayne.... :rofl: awesome!

Love all the bumps ladies! I'll need to post an updated one soon.

Vicky - sorry your having a rough time with fob :hugs:

Loopy - so sorry about your friend and mom! :( :hugs:

Yo yo - glad baby is okay! Yay for the scan coming up!

I had my first experience of a stranger knowin pregnant without telling them two weekends ago. I was do excited! I'm overweight so for a long time I just looked my fat self haha Now I finally look pregnant enough that people assume it. It definitely helps when I wear maternity clothes. If I wear regular loose clothes I just look fat again. Clothes that accentuate the bump make it obvious.

Totally excited tonight! I'm laying here reading through posts and I'm feeling one of the babies move! I've felt them a couple times but only for a moment. This time I'm feeling it softly but it's happening every few minutes...little soft flutters right around where Baby A was at the scan last week. :cloud9: I love this so much! Can't wait to feel them more clearly and consistently!

Sprite-lovely bump! It's an obvious bump to me and very neat :) I do think some people wait for you to bring up your bunp before mentioning it even when it's obvious. Mind you, that's better than my poor sil-she was in the shops a week it so after having her baby and someone asked when she was due! :haha:

Mamamac-aww how cute your little babies are moving-I wonder what it's like with twins. Must be amazing to carry two babies :)

Loopy Laura-I'm so sorry about your friend honey :hugs:

And your mum having an accident-so glad they are both ok. I can imagine the worry your going through, but I think a holiday sounds just what you need :flower:

Vicky I say go ahead! Or at least just a good beating! You and tie baby don't deserve to be treated like that by him. I really do hope he pulls his act together before you give birth.

Laura that's really awful stuff going on for you. I'm sorry your friend got such awful news. And on top of it your mom getting in an accident. On the bright side she is alive and will recover and be okay!

Sprite you look pregnant to me, but as others said with a loose fitting top probably not. I truly do not look pregnant at all! I'm really tall and so is my torso so baby is still pretty low. And he's pushed all my organs up giving me a pooch above my belly button. Which my belly button doesn't want to move out any further. So I look awfully awkwardly fat.

To anyone who gives me a weird look of questioning whether I'm really pregnant or just a little fatter can go screw off. I can't wait to look obviously pregnant, but for myself not others. People are going to judge no matter what.

So sorry you've had such an awful day Laura :hugs:

I've had quite a few people ask if I'm pregnant in the last week or so. Some say my bump is huge for 21 weeks and a couple have said it's tiny and they wouldn't have thought I was that far along?! So who knows lol

It's so lovely to feel movement isn't it mamamac, I can imagine you'll be getting a lot more soon with two in there!

Dd fell asleep with her head on my bump last night and baby was kicking her head! Then twice she moved it and he moved where he was kicking to where her head was! As if she was annoying him :)

Sprite maybe get a ribbon and tie it above your bump with your looser tops? That would make it more obvious :) I find I get less comments with looser shirts too.

Vicky I hope things work out the way you want them too. Maybe not call him for awhile and see if he seeks you out? Good , uck hun, I can't imagine how hard it must be to be going through that at this point! :hugs:

Laura what a crappy day! Glad your Mom only has injuries that she can recover from and sorry about your friend. Try to have a good time on your holiday:hugs:

Sorry for anyone I missed, it's been awhile since I posted in here. Had a great vacation in ca, but glad to be home! My ds was a total stinker, but it is partially my fault. They are 1 hour behind our usual time and my parents like to stay up late so we weren't getting to bed until after midnight for almost 5 days! Ugh.

I got a call from the ultrasound place saying they need to scan me again which freaked me out! But I finally got a hold of my dr and apparently they were unable to get all of the measurements they needed so it is just to finish things up. So now I am super excited I get to see my little boy again! 10 days :happydance:

Every time I try to post a pic lately it says I can't due to low memory. Does anyone know what that means and how to fix it?

Never mind! Got it! Was trying to do it from my tablet, but I guess I had too pics on it. Got rid of them and now it works :wacko:

So here is my bump pics from this am. 22w5d

Attachments

• 20140605_073210.jpg
    20140605_073210.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 17
Lol I was going to recommend getting rid of some pictures.

Cute bumps ladies! My most recent- at 19 weeks 6 days.

I cant figure out how to post pics from my phone.. it wont let me! I have to get on the computer to do it...

Also, we leave tonight! Driving halfway to my parents tonight, the rest of the way in the morning. It isnt a long drive.. 11-12 hours depending on traffic around chicago :dohh: and then saturday is our private scan and sundays our gender reveal party!

My mom decided that we can find out the gender at the private scan, that we dont have to wait until sunday, but part of me still wants to be surprised at the party.. I'm so torn!!

Attachments

• 10339619_10152076122396924_8898786036174748007_n.jpg
    10339619_10152076122396924_8898786036174748007_n.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 13
I did too much yesterday and I'm paying for it today, my back is killing me. I'm having a yard sale on Saturday and went through all the baby toys and my storage closet to get stuff to sell. Today I am taking it easy.

Rbourre congrats on the blue bump, I think the announcement still turned out lovely.

Thanks Sprite and MamaMac!

I love the idea of an owl themed nursery-it works well for either gender.

Cntrygal is that your latest bump pic featured for your profile? Super cute!

I will be praying for good news for you Mrs. Eleflump on the 19th :hugs:

Yes, a friend of mine took it, unknown to me, over the weekend while I was looking for a card for DH. Thank you! Some days it feels tiny, other days it feels huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->