*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Yeah. The three hour test will be miserable. I am moving and its going to take me 1.5 hours to get there, and I have always been that if I don't eat within a half hour of getting up, I get really sick :(

Aww, Newlywed, I'm sorry. But 9 points is so close! Are you in an area where you fasted before the test? (I'm assuming so, since you mentioned needing to eat when you first wake up.) If not, though, do you think it could possibly be chalked up to something you ate or drank? One of my good friends failed the 1 hour, and then did just fine in the 3 hour. FXd that is the case for you!!!

Thanks. I didn't have to fast, just nothing sugary so I had some plain eggs, buttered toast, and a half glass of milk about 2 hours before I had to drink the stuff.

I would think that type of breakfast would be fine. Maybe try to eat even earlier next time to allow a bigger gap of fasting? I hope it was just a fluke, and you pass the 3 hour test with flying colors!!

I've been referred for physio due to the pain I keep getting in my hips :( it's getting so bad I can barely walk at times :(

Went to midwife and she said it was just a pregnancy thing send wouldn't refer me but then went and saw the dr and he referred me straight away so I'm hoping that it helps :)

Yes newlywed try not to eat anything. My dr says it's mandatory his patients fast because it makes the numbers more accurate

Newlywed - milk is actually quite sugary, as is bread, so I think the pps are right in advising just an egg or nothing at all if you possibly can for the next one. I really hope it goes well for you...there are tons of ladies here who have failed the 1 hour and passed the 3 hour with flying colours, so I am sure you will be one of them too :hugs:

Wish me (and my doctor) luck today ladies. I am off to my appointment to fix the mess she made last time. For those that need a refresh, my lovely doctor CANCELLED my C-Section (I have scoliosis and cannot do natural) and said I was doing it natural no matter what. She not once has ever looked at my back at all in the last 1.5 years I've been a patient of hers. Then when I went to talk more about it she took her next patient and shut the door. So needless to say I'll be going in guns blazing this morning. Will update as soon as I can this afternoon.

Good luck laelani!

Newlywed I'm sure you'll pass the 3 hour one especially if you barely failed the one hour. You should try calling them and asking what you could do about having to fast. Let them know what it does to you and see if they'll let you go with being able to eat at least an egg or something.

My in laws came to visit yesterday and I waited until last second to clean my house. I spent the whole day cleaning like a mad woman and then cooking them dinner. I think I only got to sit down for maybe a half hour total until around 8pm. Now my right hip and back are killing me! I can barely walk. :(

I feel like my breasts are trying to escape my chest this morning. Not just achey or tender, but like someone is trying to pull them off.

I have had tenderness so far, but this is ridiculous, lol.

Laelani, that is INFURIATING!!!! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Good luck at your appointment. I hope it all goes well this time!

Since it's crappy weather here for the Fourth of July, DH is painting the nursery and I just painted a dresser for the nursery.

Happy 4th of July to all the American Mamas in here! I always get so homesick for the US on Independence Day!

Mushy milk - I had the wedding ring thing happen yesterday! Had to use the wrapping dental flow trick to get it off and have to leave them off now. My finger feels so weird without them! Think I may get a cheap fake ring in a large size to wear while I'm pregnant haha

No BH here as of yet. Sorry to all those dealing with them! Blah

Congrats to everyone who've hit the 3rd trimester and for all the passed glucose tests! Sorry for the fail newlywed....hopefully the 3 hr will be a pass! I'm dreading the glucose test. Yuck!

The whopping cough stuff sounds scary!!! Yikes!

When does 3rd trimester officially start?

I'm 23+1 today...so close to V day! :happydance: considering babies are measuring ahead I think I'm probably about in the clear for viability but anxious to hit the 24 week mark!

Feeling the babies a lot now. Not super strong but at least a few different times a day. This weekend my husband felt one of the babies (we think it was James) for the first time! It was so exciting! :)

I have my baby shower tomorrow! I'm very excited! Decided to have it early just in case I get put on bedrest or whatever with it being twins. Want to do it while I still feel good too!

The heat and humidity has been absolute awful lately but thankfully yesterday we got a reprieve and again today the weather is perfect! Blue skies, sunny, not humid and a cool breeze! So nice! Last night we had our AC off, windows open and I needed blankets! It was amazing, best sleep I've had for weeks!

Happy 4th of July to all the American Mamas in here! I always get so homesick for the US on Independence Day!

Mushy milk - I had the wedding ring thing happen yesterday! Had to use the wrapping dental flow trick to get it off and have to leave them off now. My finger feels so weird without them! Think I may get a cheap fake ring in a large size to wear while I'm pregnant haha

No BH here as of yet. Sorry to all those dealing with them! Blah

Congrats to everyone who've hit the 3rd trimester and for all the passed glucose tests! Sorry for the fail newlywed....hopefully the 3 hr will be a pass! I'm dreading the glucose test. Yuck!

The whopping cough stuff sounds scary!!! Yikes!

When does 3rd trimester officially start?

I'm 23+1 today...so close to V day! :happydance: considering babies are measuring ahead I think I'm probably about in the clear for viability but anxious to hit the 24 week mark!

Feeling the babies a lot now. Not super strong but at least a few different times a day. This weekend my husband felt one of the babies (we think it was James) for the first time! It was so exciting! :)

I have my baby shower tomorrow! I'm very excited! Decided to have it early just in case I get put on bedrest or whatever with it being twins. Want to do it while I still feel good too!

The heat and humidity has been absolute awful lately but thankfully yesterday we got a reprieve and again today the weather is perfect! Blue skies, sunny, not humid and a cool breeze! So nice! Last night we had our AC off, windows open and I needed blankets! It was amazing, best sleep I've had for weeks!

This heat has been ridiculous. Yesterday was so nice, I loved being able to open the windows and have a nice cool breeze. I tried sleeping with just the window open and a fan on but I woke up hot and had to turn the a/c on.

MamaMac- so glad the twins are doing well and yay for almost V-day :D
The weather here has been horrendous too, I can't sit outside for too long or I feel like I'm going to pass out:wacko:

Aw I feel for you ladies carrying over summer :(
I carried my twins over summer and it was awful! I lived with the fan pointed straight at me :p

It has been 5°C here during the day and -1 overnight the past couple of nights.

It's also the 5th today which means I have exactly 3 months left till my due date.

Went shopping today for some cute summer/cool dresses. I have given up on maternity because everything I find is frumpy. So I ended up buying like 4 dresses (xl) size from forever21! They we're all pretty cheap as well!

Whats everyones plans for weekend? We are off to watch tour de france :)

Whats everyones plans for weekend? We are off to watch tour de france :)

We just went to get the keys for our new house. :happydance: Then we went out for dinner and I had the best sandwich I think I've ever had. Tomorrow, we have a 1 year old's birthday party and Sunday we go to the in laws like we do every week. It will be a busy weekend and I am sure I will be exhausted and sore after.

We moved last weekend and it is soooo damn exhausting. I've been arranging things at our new home without DH around as he had to go on a work trip. All the more exhausting. Decided to take a break for today. Hope everyone's doing well.

Have the glucose test next week. Can't wait to get to the 3rd tri. Yet another milestone.... yippeee!!!

Does anyone else's bump feel really squishy when they lie down? It's hard and feels normal when I stand and I can't remember if it's always been squishy lying down or not? I was stupid and googled it and apparently it can mean your waters have leaked, sometimes without you knowing?! Ive had...tmi...damp underwear a couple of times but I thought that was due to extra discharge? They were never soaked or got through to my jeans but I'm worried now! I know I worry too much about everything, especially baby so I know I'm probably being stupid. I'm just so stressed out right now!

Mine has always been squishy when I lie down, I put it down to the excess fat I had round my middle before falling pregnant! It was exactly the same last time.

I sympathise with you ladies who are moving. I moved at 10 weeks pregnant, it was awful. I don't think I've ever felt so exhausted in my entire life! (With maybe the exception of the first week with a newborn!)

Well, according to my dates, I was 24 weeks yesterday, and according to my app, I'm 24 weeks today. Either way, little guy has made it to V-Day!! : )

I sympathize with all the movers!!! We had plans to try to sell our house this summer and move closer to DH's work, and when we found out we were expecting, I told him he would just have to keep up the drive a while longer because I was not moving while I was pregnant lol. (We live about 5 miles from my work, and about 40 miles from his work, so the plan is to eventually to split the difference a bit better.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->