*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I don't think they so the glucose test in the UK.
I've been you tubing videos of births too

My midwife hasn't even mentioned the glucose test to me:shrug: is it a normal thing in the UK?

You only get it in the UK if you are showing signs of possible GD or if you have risk factors such as a family history of diabetes or you've had GD previously.

I was told a few weeks ago when they found 2+ sugar in my wee sample that if I had another one with sugar in it they'd send me for a glucose test, but otherwise I wouldn't get one. Thankfully all my samples since have been sugar-free!

Amazing bump pictures - you're all looking great! I'm loving this stage of pregnancy!

I have my glucose test in a couple of weeks because my dad had diabetes.

I can't watch anything birth related right now - I just can't think about it yet and would rather just wait for my NCT classes which start mid August. I'm very scared about it!!

I'm in double digits now woohoo!

Lovely bumps ladies! Still nothing on my end, patiently waiting my baby bump to pop out. I probably won't show for a while though considering how tall I am!

I was hanging up all the clothes I've bought so far, thought I would share them. I can't wait until there's a little baby filling them up!

Attachments

• 20140702_105850_zpsa3dqtgoz.jpg
    20140702_105850_zpsa3dqtgoz.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
Cute bump pic Geralyn! I haven't taken any official "bump" pics yet. (Just videos of my bump moving around like an alien is trying to escape it).

I think I'll need to have my DH take a side picture of my today. I have a feeling I'm going to explode and get just huge in the third trimester.

I have my 1hr glucose test the week after next. I've never done one, why does everyone say that they're so bad? Does the glucose drink taste nasty or make you feel sick or something? It looks like fruit punch, lol.

Had my follow up sono... Little man cooperated and they got all the pics they needed. They said everything looks great. Got to see him opening his mouth and drinking the amniotic fluid

Had my follow up sono... Little man cooperated and they got all the pics they needed. They said everything looks great. Got to see him opening his mouth and drinking the amniotic fluid

Aw cute! Glad everything was good!

I'm 27+2 today and had my 1 hour glucose. It's very sugary and you only have a short amount of time to drink it. It made me just feel yucky. Won't find out my results until next week because of the holiday. Doctor said I was measuring good, baby's heartbeat was 154 and I go back in two weeks. AHHHHH two weeks! That makes it feel so close! I have started washing the newborn and 0-3 clothes (I already have 2 boys so haven't really bought much new). Nursery is still not ready, but progress is being made!

Cute bump pic Geralyn! I haven't taken any official "bump" pics yet. (Just videos of my bump moving around like an alien is trying to escape it).

I think I'll need to have my DH take a side picture of my today. I have a feeling I'm going to explode and get just huge in the third trimester.

I have my 1hr glucose test the week after next. I've never done one, why does everyone say that they're so bad? Does the glucose drink taste nasty or make you feel sick or something? It looks like fruit punch, lol.

You can't eat after midnight and have to drink a nasty drink that tastes like flat sweet sweet orange soda. It's disgusting. Then they poke your finger and get a reading. Under 140 is what they look for. If you are over then you'll have to do a 3 hour test, which is terrible!!

You can't eat after midnight and have to drink a nasty drink that tastes like flat sweet sweet orange soda. It's disgusting. Then they poke your finger and get a reading. Under 140 is what they look for. If you are over then you'll have to do a 3 hour test, which is terrible!!

At my doctors office you can eat that morning, just nothing really sweet.

Having the worst itchy-rashy boobs the last few days. I've developed what looks like heat rash under and on the insides. They itch so bad and my nipples are really sore. We are going to go get some calamine lotion to see if it helps. It drives me crazy all day. I try to go shirtless as much as I can at home so it doesn't irritate them even more. I hope this goes away soon, I kind of want to rip my bbs off! lol

Yea, my doctor told me plain wheat toast and an egg before I drank it, just nothing sugary before during or after drinking/chugging it.

Ugh, I didn't realize it was a finger poke blood test.

Having the worst itchy-rashy boobs the last few days. I've developed what looks like heat rash under and on the insides. They itch so bad and my nipples are really sore. We are going to go get some calamine lotion to see if it helps. It drives me crazy all day. I try to go shirtless as much as I can at home so it doesn't irritate them even more. I hope this goes away soon, I kind of want to rip my bbs off! lol

Do you think you might be allergic to something you've used to wash your bra with? I guess it could also be heat related. That's too bad though, hope you feel better and that it goes away!

Do you think you might be allergic to something you've used to wash your bra with? I guess it could also be heat related. That's too bad though, hope you feel better and that it goes away!

I haven't changed anything at all :/ Just woke up one day and they were really itchy. I think it might have started off due to them growing and then since I scratched at them it started a rash. I'm not sure! All I know is they're very itchy and I have a rash on them :( The calamine lotion seems to be helping a little bit. I will try some oatmeal later. I have an OB appointment next week so I will ask and see what's going on! Can't catch a break :p

Yea, my doctor told me plain wheat toast and an egg before I drank it, just nothing sugary before during or after drinking/chugging it.

Ugh, I didn't realize it was a finger poke blood test.

It's not a finger poke here. It's just one tube of blood taken from a vein like a regular blood test.

Ugh just drank the nasty drink and now I have to wait an hour what a pain in the butt this is. I just goggled how much sugar is in the drink and it's equal to 28 jelly beans... I'd much rather eat 28 jelly beans ... Torture lol

I had cold fruit punch for mine and it wasn't bad. Should get results sometime today

I had some blood on my underpants today so I went to get checked out at our day assessment unit. Baby's Heartbeat, my urine and blood pressure were all fine and they said all was fine after the internal examination (which hurt a lot by the way!) but have come home and looked at the notes and it says I have a small ectropian. I've looked this up and it sounds a bit scary but they didn't seem concerned. Does anyone else have experience of this? They did a swab as well and I get the results on Monday.

On another note I had an asthma check earlier as well and she advised me to have a vaccination for whooping cough at 28 weeks as a few babies in London have died of it this year and it protects the baby while she is in the womb. She was surprised my midwife hadn't mentioned this. Is anyone else having this? I had never heard of it.

Glad to hear things checked out well Loopy Laura. Here in the US we've had some issues with whooping cough outbreaks. Years ago my son had it when he was 4 months old and was very ill, requiring breathing treatments several times throughout the day. I would bring it up to your midwife as it is something you would definitely want to prevent. Generally they say all the adults living in the home or in frequent contact with the baby should be vaccinated as well.

Good luck to all those ladies being checked for GD!

We will be leaving this evening to go on vacation. My husband was only able to sneak away for the 4th of July holiday. Hopefully even though it is short it will give us all some nice time away, unplugged-no internet or tv, free from all the responsibilities of everyday life.

Laura I was told the same thing and also getting a vaccine for whooping cough around that time too. She told me the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->