*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Yes you will not mistake your plug when you loose if lol. I screamed when I lost mine with my dd. It was disgusting... But then my water broke an hour later!

Newlywed, did you pass your 3 hour glucose?

When is everyone planning on doing maternity photos?

I am doing mine in a little over 2 weeks at 29 weeks. I am doing them a bit early because my first was born at 29+5. I wanted to make sure I got them done just in case I get put on bed rest or baby happens to come early again. I won the photo shoot, it's not costing me anything so I figured it's not a big deal if they don't turn out great. I would have liked to do them around 32-34 weeks.

I had my daughter right beside me in a bassinet from months 2-5. She spent her first 2 months in the hospital or it would have been months 1-3. She was only just over 5 pounds when she came home so she fit in the bassinet until around 5 months old when she started rolling around too much so we switched to the crib in her own room.

Hi October Bumpkin Mama's! Hope all is well! not much longer! yay!

Thought I'd pop in and let you all know I had an ultrasound today. Baby is healthy and HB was 163bpm. I am 8 weeks 4 days due Feb 21. I am so relieved knowing my rainbow is here to stay. Thanks for all the support throughout these long months. I am excited to see announcements of the births of these october babies. Best wishes! keep in touch! I have a journal if you want to follow.

Attachments

• babya2duefeb.jpg
    babya2duefeb.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Elsa we kept our babies in the room with us for the first few months in a Moses basket (think that's the same as a bassinet in the US?) that's the guidelines they give us here and also I slept a bit better knowing they were right next to me. We'll be doing the same again this time.

Congrats on the scan JM!! :)

Awww jm-so pleased you had a great scan. Must be a big relief to see your little cute baby there!
:)
Lovely pic

Fab scan JM :)

I've had both my babies in our room for first 6 month and will with this one. Easier for feeding and it reduced risk of SIDS for them to be next to mum.

I'm so happy for you jm! Such a wonderful sight, that little bean with a lovely strong heartbeat :cloud9:

I have another heart/growth scan tomorrow, and a midwife appointment on Friday. Can't wait to see my little squiggle again! Hope he/she is still growing nicely, with a lovely healthy heart like last time.

So tired in this heat though. Got just over 6 weeks of work left...am so ready now! :haha:

Yes you will not mistake your plug when you loose if lol. I screamed when I lost mine with my dd. It was disgusting... But then my water broke an hour later!

I have it tomorrow morning, I'm sooo nervous! :wacko:

Not so much nervous for passing or whatnot, but because I am the kind of person that has to eat the second I get up! :haha:

Hubby had to push his stomach out to try and match mine :haha:

Attachments

• 10492146_10152157838291924_2691498543603995276_n.jpg
    10492146_10152157838291924_2691498543603995276_n.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 10
Brilliant news JM! :happydance:

Elsa - we kept our eldest in a Moses basket in our room until about 10 weeks then moved him into his own room. He actually slept a lot better in his own room, as did we. It'll all depend on baby what we do this time.

Not so much nervous for passing or whatnot, but because I am the kind of person that has to eat the second I get up! :haha:

I have my first glucose test tomorrow morning as well so fingers crossed for both of us! I have to fast from midnight tonight until the test at 11am so I have the same concerns as you. Breakfast is the first thing on my mind when I get up!

I have my first glucose test tomorrow morning as well so fingers crossed for both of us! I have to fast from midnight tonight until the test at 11am so I have the same concerns as you. Breakfast is the first thing on my mind when I get up!

I have to fast from 10 tonight until my appointment at 8, but it's 3 hours long so I wont be able to have food until after 11 either =(

Good luck!

They didn't have me fast for my 1 hour, and it was at 9am, so I got up at 7 and had a regular breakfast, toast, eggs, and a small glass of milk. I think I for sure wouldve passed it if they had told me to be more careful about what I had

Thank you all so much! You are the sweetest group of ladies! I miss being here! Def not the same.

Well, I am 27 wks today! Hello there 3rd trimester! I will take a bump pic later today. Baby is doing great, was putting on quite a show last night and as soon as I try to get DH to see baby stops, lol. Heart rate has been wonderful, 145-150 bpm. Haven't checked my fundal height in the last week as I can't find my measuring tape :/ I might have to get a new one when we go grocery shopping. My BP and weight gain have been really good over the last couple weeks. Can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone this time around!!

Loving all the scan pics! Good luck to all those having tests done today/soon.

JM- Congratulations on a sticky bean! :hugs: So happy for you!! You're little bean is due two days after my daughter's birthday! :haha:

Re: Leg cramps: I've been getting them usually when I wake up in the morning, though I'm not sure how I can be dehydrated in the least as I am drinking water constantly through out the day. :/ Oh well, guess I'll just have open the flood gates a little wider! :haha:

Hope everyone is doing well! Looking forward to seeing which of us has the first of our October babies!

Just had my glucose test this morning at my appt. Next appt is in 3 weeks, then I'm at every two weeks after that! Can't believe it:) This is the home stretch. Hubby and I neex to sign up for birthing classes for next month. They also gave me a pediatrition list and said to start looking for that now. Wow. It's busy time!

In other news, my nursery glider is arriving from potterybarn kids on Tuesday.

Question: we are doing a nursery with a crib, then I read that in the first 1-3 months the baby should sleep close by in the bedroom. Anyone with experience want to weigh in on this? I originally wasn't planning on a basinet, but now that i read the guidelines I don't know what the first few months will look like. Second + time mommies, what did you when baby came home?

We had our ds in our room in a bassinet for 2 maybe 3 months. He slept so much better when we moved him to his own room! Not sure how long we will keep this one in our room :)

Hi October Bumpkin Mama's! Hope all is well! not much longer! yay!

Thought I'd pop in and let you all know I had an ultrasound today. Baby is healthy and HB was 163bpm. I am 8 weeks 4 days due Feb 21. I am so relieved knowing my rainbow is here to stay. Thanks for all the support throughout these long months. I am excited to see announcements of the births of these october babies. Best wishes! keep in touch! I have a journal if you want to follow.

Congrats!

I have to fast from 10 tonight until my appointment at 8, but it's 3 hours long so I wont be able to have food until after 11 either =(

Good luck!

They didn't have me fast for my 1 hour, and it was at 9am, so I got up at 7 and had a regular breakfast, toast, eggs, and a small glass of milk. I think I for sure wouldve passed it if they had told me to be more careful about what I had

It's strange how they do things differently in different places! Good luck, you will be fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->