*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Newlywed-- Can you get the test where you can prick your arm and not your finger? So sorry that you have to go through this. It does not sound pleasant at all. I'm worried about my 3 hour because the drink they give you isn't something that I would normally drink. It takes me 2-3 days to finish a 12oz. soda if I drink it. I felt so horrible after the 1 hour and the 3 hour has a higher glucose content. I don't see this going over very well.

Newlywed-- Can you get the test where you can prick your arm and not your finger? So sorry that you have to go through this. It does not sound pleasant at all. I'm worried about my 3 hour because the drink they give you isn't something that I would normally drink. It takes me 2-3 days to finish a 12oz. soda if I drink it. I felt so horrible after the 1 hour and the 3 hour has a higher glucose content. I don't see this going over very well.

I can't :( I got this meter for free from the diabetes clinic, if I were to get a different one, I would have to buy the meter, and my insurance only covers certain strips

As long as your body is producing and processing insulin correctly you should be fine, even if it isn't something you're used to having. Just know it will probably knock you on your butt. It took me a couple days to feel normal again.

Anyone planning on banking cord blood? I'm researching different companies now and can't decide.

I was looking into cord blood banking but decided I wanted to do delayed cord clamping instead, so that's what we went with on my birth plan!

I've been hearing "clicks" in my belly today. When Ellie moves it sounds like a cracked knuckle under water. It's kind of strange.

This morning I was laying down and I fell asleep and woke up choking and coughing so hard that I threw up all over the floor and blanket. It was horrific. I coughed for about 15 minutes afterwards. My boyfriend came home from work (he works next door) to help me clean it up. I'm not sure if it was due to reflux or allergies or what. Freaked me out though. I called my doctor but haven't heard back yet.

Star-- It happens to me quite often. It's the acid reflux. Our muscles in our esophagus relax and causes it. Especially if we're on our back.

Work is getting hard now ugh. Trying to move is also getting hard. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow Im going to ask for a growth scan because I honestly think I may be further along then we had thought! (I dont know the date i got pregnant, we have been going by LMP.) Anyway, this boy feels big! and I feel even bigger!

Mushymilkfor2, I have the same issue with being super uncomfortable at bed time. I also have RLS so that doesn't help in the least but that's besides the point. :haha: I went to the maternity store and bought one of those wedge pillows. Some nights I stick it between my legs which helps to ease my knees and my back but lately has also been easing up the pressure in my pelvic area/hips from the baby being so low. Other nights I stick it under my hip and it's wonderful. I have had nothing but issues sleeping as I am a tummy sleeper so it's been a rough transition. :p Hope it gets better for you. Also you look great and don't worry your bump will come soon. :hugs:

I also have RLS, but it's not that bad and I'm thankful everyday that it hasn't gotten worse with pregnancy like a lot women say! I've thought about getting one of those pillows, but it just seems like so much money to spend on something I wont use for very long. If they had a pillow that allowed me to sleep on my stomach comfortably, I would spend so much on that! I have started just sticking an extra pillow in between my legs, I really can tell the difference!

Newlywed, I'm really sorry you have to go through that! I hope it gets easier for you. I've heard that it does. And just keep reminding yourself it's only for a couple more months!

My baby has started to get hiccups. It was totally cute, and awesome the first time. Now...it's almost as annoying as if I was getting them myself.

Today I've been so dang hungry! I can't seem to get enough food in me. And tonight I HAD to make rice krispie treats! I HAD to! I didn't even have the stuff to make it, I went to the store just to buy the stuff. I've had like four already. Soooo good!

I was looking into cord blood banking but decided I wanted to do delayed cord clamping instead, so that's what we went with on my birth plan!

I've been hearing "clicks" in my belly today. When Ellie moves it sounds like a cracked knuckle under water. It's kind of strange.

This morning I was laying down and I fell asleep and woke up choking and coughing so hard that I threw up all over the floor and blanket. It was horrific. I coughed for about 15 minutes afterwards. My boyfriend came home from work (he works next door) to help me clean it up. I'm not sure if it was due to reflux or allergies or what. Freaked me out though. I called my doctor but haven't heard back yet.

Same here, won't be cutting cord until it stops pulsating and placenta delivered, that what I did with my youngest too.

Starbrites-you poor thing. No fun being sick, but I don't think it's anything to be too concerned about unless your feeling ill with it. Your stomach is pushed right up and I'm always bringing up bit of sick (gross, really attractive lol) I think if I were to cough quite a bit I could easily be sick...the joys of pregnancy!

Hope your ok now

Work is getting hard now ugh. Trying to move is also getting hard. I have a Dr appointment tomorrow Im going to ask for a growth scan because I honestly think I may be further along then we had thought! (I dont know the date i got pregnant, we have been going by LMP.) Anyway, this boy feels big! and I feel even bigger!

I would deffo recommend you ask for one... Hi Ladies!! GOSH I haven't been here for ages... So much catching up to do. Not long left now though.

JCliff - the reason I say ask for one is because I asked for one as I was total opposite - I looked at myself in the mirror at 28 weeks and thought, I really am small for 28 weeks, and when I mean small I mean really small... so I went for a growth scan that same week and they picked up that baby was actually VERY small - measuring under the 5th centile, the consultant then explained that I will have to be monitored every 2 days for the next 2 weeks so they can check she is getting the right amount of oxygen, and the blood flow from placenta is OK and they booked me in for another growth scan for 31 weeks (which was yesterday) she said if baby hasn't grown much at 31 week scan they would have to induce me and deliver baby at 34 weeks so they can give her all the right nutrients she isn't getting inside..
So I went through 2 weeks of endless hospital appointments, and finally had my growth scan yesterday and guess what... In those 2 weeks she had a growth spurt!! She's now measuring perfectly.

Go with your instincts, if you feel you need a growth scan ask for one.!

I hope you ladies are all OK and glowing. Love to all. :hugs:

Zebadi-glad your baby is growing nicely and back on track. Dd2s growth slowed right down and jumped back to normal eventually too.

Getting so close now! Is everyone prepared?x

Not prepared, but I think I need to get started! Bought most things, but need to set things up like the bouncer and Moses basket stand, wash clothes, pack hospital bag, decide a name etc.

Are you all sorted?

I am slowly getting there. I had a shower last week and got some things and then have a big one this Saturday. We have his furniture all put together and in his room. I've folded and put away most of the clothes he has so far. I even managed to make curtains for the window and a pillow for the rocking chair.

I am slowly getting there. I had a shower last week and got some things and then have a big one this Saturday. We have his furniture all put together and in his room. I've folded and put away most of the clothes he has so far. I even managed to make curtains for the window and a pillow for the rocking chair.

You sound like you have a lot done!
My shower isn't until Sept. 6 so I think after getting some of the big things I'll feel a little more ready. So far we have the nursery painted, dresser/changing table painted, curtains hung, area rug. Still need to put the crib together and a book shelf together. I'm working on a mobile right now and then I want to do a couple paintings and some other decor. I still have to find a pediatrician, pack a hospital bag, find a cord blood company, take Bradley class and child CPR class. And in the middle of all this we're having out kitchen totally redone which should be starting in 2 weeks and I still need to pick out some things for that

Wow! It has been awhile since I posted on here! Hope everyone is doing well :)

Lo and I are doing well. I went camping up in the mtns of Arizona for a week and boy did my body not like that! Before that I had only had very slight swelling in my feet and ankles. By the end of the trip I could no longer wear my wedding ring and my watch had to be 2 nothches looser. It is better now, but it is hit and miss on my rings and my watch is a constant 1 larger with occasional 2. Ugh. Not looking forward to my dr appt on monday. I ate like a pig on that trip! All junk food. Lol. At my last appt I was already up to 37lbs gained so far! Still better than my first pregnancy, but I just seem to have no self control!:dohh:

Stacymxxx I have a lot done but I still have a lot to do. Nursery is decorated now but I still don't have anything washed. My dh still hasn't found my bassinet, car seat or clothes from ds. Dh has an unexpected weekend free this weekend so I plan on putting him to work! Lol

Zebadi glad to hear things are back on track!

Jcliff hope everything is ok!

StarBrites hope you are feeling better! I have done that a couple times and for me it was stomach acid from heart burn.

Newlywed hope things get easier!

Mushymilkfor2 now I want rice crispy treats! :blush:

Geralyn-- You are busy busy. I saw in Hobby Lobby the other day a canvas wall decor that had the "row row row your boat" nursery rhyme on it and thought of you.

I am almost ready for baby. I have a few more things to get, but they are mostly just small things. I want to get a couple of sleep sacks, I need diaper pail refills, a change pad for on top of the dresser, his coming home outfit and a new swing since ours broke. I think that is basically it. I already have his room all set up and all the clothes washed and put away.

I have nothing ready. All my stuff ISP piled in a spare bedroom since we are staying with my in laws. It was only supposed to be temporary, but its seeming like we might be here when she's born, which means no nursery. I need to start setting her stuff up in the basement with us,:( I am an interior designer too, I had all these awesome plans for a nursery..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->