*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

So scan still showed extra fluid and his stomach is still about 3 weeks ahead. I have a big baby though ladies... 4lbs at 30 weeks. I think average is 3lbs. They said his stomach is what is increasing the weight. Anyone else have a scan recently that can compare the weight? They said if I go till 39 weeks he will likely be around 9lbs. Weird because I haven't put on that much weight and can barely each much because I feel so full all the time.

To those that have GD I just want to say that it sounds like you are doing well. My SIL had that and it doesn't sound fun, but you guys are strong mom as for your babies. :thumbup:

Mine was 1oz off 3lb at 29 weeks. As said measurements aren't always accurate and can be a variance either way. X

Geralyn-- They let you order it already? I have to wait a month before my due date to be able to order mine.

I was able to order it but they said they don't process it until 30 days before my due date. At least it's ordered and I can cross one more thing off my large to-do list

Oh that's good to know I'll be looking into this tomorrow. I thought I had to wait until 30 days before. See what reading things gets me, lol

Okay so I'm wide awake at 3 am because I just got up for my pee break and had a thought which I mistakenly googled and am now panicking a little...

Hoping you lovely ladies (and especially zephyr!) can put my mind at ease.

I've noticed the last few days a significant increase in bowel movements. I'd just assumed it was due to the babies shifting positions this past week and maybe putting more or different pressure on my bowel. But then I googled and apparently increased bowel movements is an early labor sign! So that combined with the "dropped" feeling I now have since their shift has me freaked out about pre term labor!

Zephyr did you experience any of this earlier with your twin pregnancy? Wondering if it's normal to go through some of this earlier with multiples. I haven't lost my mucus plug or had any contractions so I guess that's a good sign. Hoping I'm just worried over nothing. But wondering if I should go into my doc this week. Not scheduled to see him till end of the month.

Awh google is a scary thing sometimes!
I dropped at 28 weeks with the twins and still carried to 38 weeks so I would say not to worry about the dropping yet! Twin a was so low in my pelvis it was painful to walk and scan techs would comment on how low he was and how uncomfortable it must be.
As for increased bm honestly I cant remember, I alternated alot but don't remember if it coincided with the dropping.

It wouldnt hurt to get checked out though. i think with multiples its always better to err on the side of caution. Is there someone you can phone to talk to about it?
I wouldnt rush of to l&d or anything but id probably phone and ask what they think.
definitely go in if you start getting any tightenings or backache etc tho.

Welcome RcdM added you to the list :) x

Anyone else have a c section booked? If you let me know the date of it, I will add it to the list! Exciting knowing when your babies are coming!

So scan still showed extra fluid and his stomach is still about 3 weeks ahead. I have a big baby though ladies... 4lbs at 30 weeks. I think average is 3lbs. They said his stomach is what is increasing the weight. Anyone else have a scan recently that can compare the weight? They said if I go till 39 weeks he will likely be around 9lbs. Weird because I haven't put on that much weight and can barely each much because I feel so full all the time.

To those that have GD I just want to say that it sounds like you are doing well. My SIL had that and it doesn't sound fun, but you guys are strong mom as for your babies. :thumbup:

Mine was 1oz off 3lb at 29 weeks. As said measurements aren't always accurate and can be a variance either way. X

Agree with this: scans can be way off. All my weekly scans showed a very small baby, and predicted (right up until 2 weeks before birth) she would be 5lbs at 40 weeks and she was 7lbs 8oz 6 days over...no way did she gain over 2lbs in those 6 days!

I had my growth scan today the sonograther said she is 1lb 15ozs. For the first time she was not in breech.

Welcome RcdM added you to the list :) x

Anyone else have a c section booked? If you let me know the date of it, I will add it to the list! Exciting knowing when your babies are coming!

Yup! Booked ours yesterday for October 21st. : )

So is it routine to get a growth scan? I haven't heard anything about any more scans from my OB.

Also, got the tDap shot yesterday and woke up feeling head-achey, nauseous an exhausted. I looked it up and the CDC said that some people wlll have fatigue, soreness and fever as side effects. I wonder if I'm sick with something else, or if I just am one of the lucky few who gets the side effects (minus the fever).

I can't get the tDap as I'm allergic to the tetnus shot part of it. I had a severe allergic reaction when I was 10 and haven't had a shot since then. My doctor mentioned that they like to do an ultrasound somewhere around week 30, but that I haven't given them any concern to do it yet.

Hi ladies! Welcome to the new mamas and congrats!

I know names have been talked about on and off here within the last few weeks. I just wanted to share my list of baby names (it's a big list and I am still thinking of more, lol). Let me know what you ladies think! :p

Girls names:
Emberlee Savannah
Trinity Rebekkah
Renae Sofia
Lillie Faye
Neveah Elyzabeth
Rosalie Camron
Evelyn Joy
Prudence Faith
Pheobe Skye
Paige Mykenzie
Bayleigh Annalise
Annalise Diana
(Surely more to come, lol)

Boys names:
Travis Michael
Daniel Evan
Noah Gydion
Aaron Joshua
Matthew Vaughn
Cameron Augustus
Jason Woodrow
Wyatt James
Leonard Allen
Aeric Matthew
Gydion Dallas

La Mere-wow that's a good list of names!! And I can only think of one or two :haha:

Some really nice names there-do you have favourites yet? I definitely think girls names are easier to find!

Okay so I'm wide awake at 3 am because I just got up for my pee break and had a thought which I mistakenly googled and am now panicking a little...

Hoping you lovely ladies (and especially zephyr!) can put my mind at ease.

I've noticed the last few days a significant increase in bowel movements. I'd just assumed it was due to the babies shifting positions this past week and maybe putting more or different pressure on my bowel. But then I googled and apparently increased bowel movements is an early labor sign! So that combined with the "dropped" feeling I now have since their shift has me freaked out about pre term labor!

Zephyr did you experience any of this earlier with your twin pregnancy? Wondering if it's normal to go through some of this earlier with multiples. I haven't lost my mucus plug or had any contractions so I guess that's a good sign. Hoping I'm just worried over nothing. But wondering if I should go into my doc this week. Not scheduled to see him till end of the month.

Mamamac-I erm frequently get loose bowels throughout pregnancy :blush: I wouldn't read too much into it unless your getting other signs with it (a show, painful braxton hicks etc)
Stay away from google in the middle of the night, it's easy to do but causes more stress most of the time :flower:

Elsa-it's not routine to get growth scans, but I got them with my last baby weekly from 28 weeks as I had low amniotic fluid and they thought she was growing a little slowly. So any concerns with growth and they should do them.

Soblessedmama-eek! Not long until your section date. Will add it to the list now!! :)

Charmedkirsty-glad baby isn't breech now-this one keeps flipping around, I can feel it! He was breech at 28 weeks though for a week or so solid!

Hi ladies! Welcome to the new mamas and congrats!

I know names have been talked about on and off here within the last few weeks. I just wanted to share my list of baby names (it's a big list and I am still thinking of more, lol). Let me know what you ladies think! :p

Girls names:
Emberlee Savannah
Trinity Rebekkah
Renae Sofia
Lillie Faye
Neveah Elyzabeth
Rosalie Camron
Evelyn Joy
Prudence Faith
Pheobe Skye
Paige Mykenzie
Bayleigh Annalise
Annalise Diana
(Surely more to come, lol)

Boys names:
Travis Michael
Daniel Evan
Noah Gydion
Aaron Joshua
Matthew Vaughn
Cameron Augustus
Jason Woodrow
Wyatt James
Leonard Allen
Aeric Matthew
Gydion Dallas

I'm sensing another charmed fan?

La Mere-wow that's a good list of names!! And I can only think of one or two :haha:

Some really nice names there-do you have favourites yet? I definitely think girls names are easier to find!

Thanks, Yo_Yo! I have a few like Lillie Faye, Paige Mykenzie, Prudence Faith and Emberlee Savannah for the girls and for the boys I really like Jason Woodrow, Travis Michael, Noah Gydion and Wyatt James.

CharmedKirsty- Yes, yes you are, lol. Dh and I's best friend's daughter's name is Piper, lol.

Wow le mere that's a right list of names :) were still struggling ha ha.

In uk growth scans arnt routine at all. Mine was just part of my 4d package. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->