*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Sometimes I feel really strong movement (usually on my bladder lol, he hasn't gotten my ribs yet.) But for the most part, the movement is still kind of sporadic, and some days it feels like all small movement. I feel like at this point with DS #1 I was feeling very strong movement most of the day. Anyone else had this? (One pregnancy being pretty different as far as movement than another pregnancy?)

I try not to worry about it, because I do feel him every day--just some days it is not as strong, and he is not as active. We have had several ultrasounds, and everything looks great. Our next one is on Monday.

I'm 28 weeks along, and happen to have an anterior placenta, but I also had one with my first son.

Any thoughts? : )

Simply babies? My eldest wasn't much of a mover compared to this one. His kicks didn't feel anywhere near as strong either! This one likes to move all night long & kicks the top of the bump that hard by boobs bounce! That's with an anterior placenta too!

It's good to know yours were different--it is hard not to compare everything and worry when it is different. : )

I meant to write simply different babies! But yes, I know what you mean. Thankfully it was my eldest who was the quiet one, but the other way round would worry me more. That said I have had moments where I've worried this one is moving too much, it feels like he has 8 limbs sometimes. They'll always be something to worry about! :haha:

Lol I understood what you meant. And yes, you're right--I swear I manifest worries that shouldn't even exist! Pregnancy goes a long way in making a girl crazy!

Can their feet get stuck in your ribs? I keep pushing a foot out of there, its so uncomfortable!

Yes! When my cousin was pregnant with twins one of the babies broke her rib bc his foot was stuck in there

Can their feet get stuck in your ribs? I keep pushing a foot out of there, its so uncomfortable!

Yes! When my cousin was pregnant with twins one of the babies broke her rib bc his foot was stuck in there

That sounds awful! I couldn't even imagine! My baby is getting close to my ribs, but not quite there. He feels like he's diagonal in there. Like his feet are up by my right ribs (and his favorite spot to kick) and his head is down by my left hip/pelvis area. At least that's where I feel hiccups often. So, when he does get bigger his favorite spot to kick will be my ribs.

My husband doesn't understand the how incredibly satisfying it is to eat something I'm craving. He thinks it's absolutely crazy to want something as bad as I do, and how much I'll go out of my way to get what I want. He seems to think that if I just eat something I'll get over what I wanted in the first place. Ha! I wish.

I'm craving crunchy cheesies really bad tonight. My mom asked me if I like cheesies and it made me want them. My husband is currently at the store getting them. :happydance: He asked if it was something that wasn't going away until he goes and gets them for me.

For me this pregnancy it has been Baked Lays Potato Chips. I'm ashamed to say I have scarfed down an entire family sized bag on more than one occasion!

With DS #1, I woke up literally in tears one night and begged DH to go make me a sausage biscuit lol.

Haha cravings are nuts! I haven't craved one specific thing just super suggestible. If I see a commercial or hear someone mention something yummy I get fixated on it till I get it. Haha

Lately though my cravings have been pizza and root beer floats....I'm going to go make one now I think :haha:

And yes, husbands just plain don't get the urgency of cravings! I get very specific ones too. Like it must be pizza from this specific pizza place or it just won't cut it.

So it finally happened to me. I got the "when are you due?" Followed by "Well bless your heart, you look like you are ready to pop now!" Ouch.

All you ladies doing home births are so much tougher that I could ever fathom being! One ounce of pain, and Im heading for the hills! Seriously, a stubbed toe can throw me into all sorts of panic, I just couldn't imagine not having pain medicine LOL! I think that's awesome you can avoid all the hospital headaches however :)

Re: being prepared for baby! I would have to say that for the most part I am very much ready for baby. DH has a few things he needs to do to improve the co-sleeper he built for our son, and I just need to wash some NB clothes both for a boy and for a girl, so prepared for either way when baby is born. And that is pretty much all I have to do as I am having a home birth and am pretty set up for that all ready.. might just need to get an inflatable tub or pool to labor in if I so choose.

what sort of things do you need for a homebirth? Or what have you found helpful?

My midwife doesnt discuss birth plans till closer to the time.....36 weeks but im a planner and its a bit frustrating :p id rather have the stuff there and not need it than wait till the last minute and have to shop while heavily pregnant.

Hubby is freaking out that he will have to play catch, he really doesn't want to :p

My mw never discussed what is need for hb last time. But obviously towels, a waterproof sheet (ive a shower curtain although I totally forgot last time and waters broke on my MATERIAL sofa lol), drinks and snacks, there the only things you should need, the rest is stuff you want :)
Are you having land or water? Stuff for relaxing environment such as candles, fairy lights, clary sage oil for helping contractions. The mw will arrange all the medical bits to be delivered or bring them on the day (everywhere is different)
I'm slowly putting together my birth room in our spare bedroom, so exciting! Have my pool blown up already lol, all the kit for that is in a wooden toy box in there, fairy lights, candles, birth affirmations are up on the wall (my best friends coming over from nz to be a partner has posted me some to put up too :) ) scan pics in heart frames to focus on my end result. I can't wait :) will post some pics when it's fully done.

Anyone using cord ties?? I have mine waiting, a lady off fb made me a set of rainbow themed ones with matching rainbow bracelets for the girls :)

I didnt even think about things like lighting! Ok now I feel a little unprepared for the birth part. I was going to just be in our lounge as it is the warmest room and has a wonderful view of the mountains but it does make sense setting up a room specifically for the birth.

my midwife will be bringing a pool as I did ask about that and she has said she has oxygen and everything for the baby if it is needed but hasnt gone into too much detail as 'plans change' and home birth is only an option if my pregnancy is trouble free.
I am planning a water birth but im worried it wont get filled in time.

Haha cravings are nuts! I haven't craved one specific thing just super suggestible. If I see a commercial or hear someone mention something yummy I get fixated on it till I get it. Haha

Lately though my cravings have been pizza and root beer floats....I'm going to go make one now I think :haha:

And yes, husbands just plain don't get the urgency of cravings! I get very specific ones too. Like it must be pizza from this specific pizza place or it just won't cut it.

Yes! Mine are very specific too! There's a local pizza place with two locations near us, I need pizza from one specifically and if I want a calzone it has to be from the other.

So I thought I was going to get away with my RLS not getting worse. Apparently I was wrong! It's almost painful!

My cravings have changed every few weeks to something new. Atm its dijon mustard on everything, fruit and nut Whitakers chocolate which I normally cant stand!
im also craving fresh oranges.

Re: being prepared for baby! I would have to say that for the most part I am very much ready for baby. DH has a few things he needs to do to improve the co-sleeper he built for our son, and I just need to wash some NB clothes both for a boy and for a girl, so prepared for either way when baby is born. And that is pretty much all I have to do as I am having a home birth and am pretty set up for that all ready.. might just need to get an inflatable tub or pool to labor in if I so choose.

what sort of things do you need for a homebirth? Or what have you found helpful?

My midwife doesnt discuss birth plans till closer to the time.....36 weeks but im a planner and its a bit frustrating :p id rather have the stuff there and not need it than wait till the last minute and have to shop while heavily pregnant.

Hubby is freaking out that he will have to play catch, he really doesn't want to :p

My mw never discussed what is need for hb last time. But obviously towels, a waterproof sheet (ive a shower curtain although I totally forgot last time and waters broke on my MATERIAL sofa lol), drinks and snacks, there the only things you should need, the rest is stuff you want :)
Are you having land or water? Stuff for relaxing environment such as candles, fairy lights, clary sage oil for helping contractions. The mw will arrange all the medical bits to be delivered or bring them on the day (everywhere is different)
I'm slowly putting together my birth room in our spare bedroom, so exciting! Have my pool blown up already lol, all the kit for that is in a wooden toy box in there, fairy lights, candles, birth affirmations are up on the wall (my best friends coming over from nz to be a partner has posted me some to put up too :) ) scan pics in heart frames to focus on my end result. I can't wait :) will post some pics when it's fully done.

Anyone using cord ties?? I have mine waiting, a lady off fb made me a set of rainbow themed ones with matching rainbow bracelets for the girls :)

I didnt even think about things like lighting! Ok now I feel a little unprepared for the birth part. I was going to just be in our lounge as it is the warmest room and has a wonderful view of the mountains but it does make sense setting up a room specifically for the birth.

my midwife will be bringing a pool as I did ask about that and she has said she has oxygen and everything for the baby if it is needed but hasnt gone into too much detail as 'plans change' and home birth is only an option if my pregnancy is trouble free.
I am planning a water birth but im worried it wont get filled in time.

Is she bringing the pool on the day? I already have my own from last time but could she not bring it when your 37 weeks and leave the filling up to your dh? That's what they do here if anywhere has a pool loan scheme. It makes more sense plus as it's a choice thing the mw has nothing to do with the pool, she's just there to do her job sort of thing. It takes about 20 mins to fill mine and no time to blow up with an electric pump.
I was in the living room with my last and was during the day (although I was transferred so didn't get a full hb :-( )and never thought about lighting or anything. But with this possibly been my last I wanted it so perfect so why I've moved upto the spare room so I've had time and the space to make my environment before hand (black out blind for day lol). If you have space for a "birth area" where it's not gonna be in the way of day to day life you could do the same in a designated area. Although I know it's hard with having kids already!! The room I'm using used to be their play room, which they NEVER bothered with!! Now suddenly there always in there having babies (dolls) in my pool lol.

Hehe it sounds amazing! I would never of thought to make it comfortable like that. Im definitely looking into lighting now in case it happens at night.
Id love to do a whole room here but we dont have a spare room.
I dont know what's happening with the pool, maybe she does drop it off earlier. We talked about the liner that goes into it and how its easy to empty but that was it really. It does make sense to drop it earlier.

Kel21-ahh that comments! I had one the other day-a friends eyes kind of bulged when she came to our door and saw how huge my bump is!

I'm getting the opposite comments. Every one tells me how small and neat my bump is for only 10 weeks to go and one even congratulated me for having such a neat bump and not getting too big?? Like I had anything to do with it?! I got the same comments with my other two babies though so I guess that's just how I carry but I feel huge and dh is always telling me my bump is getting bigger :)

Hehe it sounds amazing! I would never of thought to make it comfortable like that. Im definitely looking into lighting now in case it happens at night.
Id love to do a whole room here but we dont have a spare room.
I dont know what's happening with the pool, maybe she does drop it off earlier. We talked about the liner that goes into it and how its easy to empty but that was it really. It does make sense to drop it earlier.

Ask her when you see her as it does make sense! Yeh it should come with a pump to empty it, then chuck liner, deflate job done lol.
But yeh look into little comfort things etc, relaxing environment will get the oxytocin flowing ;-) x

My cravings also change all the time! Right now it is fuji apples, but that is only because I ran out of carmel for granny smith apples! Lol. And my cravings change depending on what commercial I see or what someone talks about!

My baby shower is in a couple hours :) We're doing a BBQ co-ed cook out thing at the park in a picnic shelter. I'm pretty excited!

I crave cheese, cheese, cheese & more cheese! Seriously can't get enough of it! Anything tangy & vinegary is good too. Total opposite to last time, it was everything sweet then!

Sooo I'm SUPER late to finding this thread. I've been all over the boards but never ventured to the groups section. Can you add me?

I'm 30 weeks today! With a boy! We have a 2 year old dd and this will be our last kiddo so I'm happy to have one of each.

My due date is 10/10 but I will be having a c-section on 10/3.

I had pre-eclampsia with my dd and had her at 30+5 - seriously CANNOT believe I'm less than 5 days away from where I was with her with this one. I have had no bp issues, swelling, or any other signs of pre-e yet so I'm extremely excited. By now with my dd I was having all kinds of signs, high bp, protein... So I'm really happy.

However, I did just get diagnosed with gestational diabetes last week :( So I'm still trying to get the hang of that. Didn't have it with dd. I think what I hate most is pricking my finger. I have to literally give myself a pep talk every time, like ok, you can do this, 1,2,3 ready go... LOL. I made my DH prick his finger last night (he promised he would do it once just for me :) ) and he stood there with the lancet by his finger for like 5 min trying to muster up the courage to push the button LOL. It was funny. I was like how do you think I feel I have to do this 4 times a day!! He finally did it and said it wasn't as bad as he was making it.

The diet isn't that bad, but I find it hard to make myself eat so frequently - I normally don't like breakfast first thing in the morning and forcing myself to eat a snack so late at night is sooo not how I'm used to eating! Any other October ladies with GD? Newlywed I know you do from another thread - how are things going for you? I've been able to keep my sugars down so far, but I'm starting to get a little curious about how other foods might affect me if I splurge a little and have like... a burrito haha.

As far as being ready for this baby, nope! I wanted to have everything done by now since this was when my dd came, I just wanted to feel ready. But DH clearly doesn't have the urgency I feel. The baby's room is gutted out, we need to paint, get baseboards, install the carpet, and then we can start moving things in. Everything is just in a pile in the garage right now. I'm having my babyshower next weekend though so I think that will make me feel a little more prepared. Time is going too fast!!

Welcome!

My baby shower is in a couple hours :) We're doing a BBQ co-ed cook out thing at the park in a picnic shelter. I'm pretty excited!

Hope you have a great shower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->