*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Forgot to say I start my NCT antenatal classes tonight! I hope I will meet some nice local people due at the same time that become friends, as well as obviously learning a thing or two!!

I did NCT classes last time and met some lovely ladies. It's a really good class too. We all stayed in touch & met up while off work but once we all went back it became harder. We're all still Facebook friends though and there's 3 of us who do still meet up. 2 of us are actually pregnant again, 6 weeks apart so will be sharing another maternity leave!

That sounds great! I hope I'm lucky with the people in my class like that. It must be nice to have a good local support network.

allstar: Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoy it and I think releasing the balloon is a great idea.

mushymilk: Love your bump! It's super cute!

I failed my 1hr glucose test with dd2 and with this pregnancy, but went on to pass the 2hr. I don't know my levels, but I was told it was just slightly elevated in the 1hr test. I'm sure you'll do fine.

I've booked my maternity shot!! It will be on August 29th. We are so excited! It will be a way for us to get some family shots which we haven't been able to get in quite a while. They asked us where we prefer to take the shots and we decided we'd like to take them by the lake. Dh does not want to take any woodsy shots because he's worried about mosquitoes! lol! And after baby is born, the photographer will come to our home to take some baby pics!
Anyone else taking maternity pics?

I am assuming I passed the 2 hour since I didn't receive a call saying I failed like I did with the 1 hour. I have an appointment next week so I will ask to find out for sure.

I'm hoping to do my maternity photos this Sunday. I was messaging with the photographer, but we haven't talked in a week so I need to make sure Sunday is still good.

My photos are the 28th. My photographer wants shots in the fog so she wants to start them at 6:30 am.. Yikes!

Far as the a bag in case being bad luck-I see it as no different then a bag in car in case you break down-not going to cause it but will make your life easier!!!

My baby is a transverse nut who kicks off to the right. Also a sense of humor cause if I drop something it kicks like crazy. I am very heavy so I just look very strange now naked. I can get a bump to pop out if I sit just right though-and growing a lot compared to few weeks ago size:) It loves to be up overnight and has woken me a few times. Starting to sleep through it as I wake upa bit sore from it kicking the same spot.

Great bump pics ladies. I've got to take another one soon. Dh and I did a tour of the hospital tonight and for an overweight person I really felt like I had a small bump compared to the others there...and of course dh was joking around as usually so I was worried that he was upset that he had to go at it really wasn't that necessary. The lady just basically reread the pamphlet to us so we had studied that sucker like crazy already so the whole time she was talking it was like well ok we know hat already but he later told me that he was excited to go because now it feels more real he's ready to pack the hospital bag and finish up all these little odds and ends and have her. And I'm soooo ready to be done with work, they're just annoying the hell out of me now. Lol

It was funny because we actually ran into our high risk ob while we were there, he's also the chief of obstetrics so that chances of him being there were high to begin with so we stopped and chatted with him for a second and he was so happy to hear we were at 32 weeks and doing well and he joked and said ok good now I don't want to see you again until at least 37 weeks so take it easy and we laughed and finished up the tour and of course everyone was looking at us like wth but yeah well.

So I'm super excited. I took the day off work today to try to get my pantry shelving sorted out, spent the whole day working on it with 2 trips to Home Depot and 1 to lowes but I finally got all the missing pieces I need so dh just needs to find the studs and install it so I can get my kitchen sorted. My downstairs looks like a tornado hit it because I have everything pulled out of the pantry.

I'm actually glad to hear that others are sweaty down there as well I thought I was going crazy. Granted it's just a hot summer so I expect to be alittle sweaty but this is a whole different ball game. Def changing underwear mid day as well and I told my husband the other day ...omg I swamp ass ...and he said he had no idea what I was talking about..,so I just said I'm sweaty lol

Anyone else have a baby head in their pelvis?? I'm hoping engaging already it's not gonna come early!! It has to stay put for 6.5-7 weeks when my friend is home from New Zealand!!!! Then it can do what it wants lol.

I think this baby will be here early. Starting to feel things I felt with my dd a few weeks before giving birth.. Yikes.

Newlywed-- Love the bump pic.

I'm not sure what position baby is in, but I think he's head down as sometimes I get a lot of pressure and cramping when first standing. Also yesterday developed a pain in my right side that stabs off and on. Not sure what that is all about.

Sprite I am swamp ass too! Lol. I am so sweaty and swollen down there it is nasty!

I am fairly certain my lo is still totally sideways! I mostly feel kicks and movements on my left side up by my bellybutton. And at night if I lay slightly forward on my left side he kicks at the bed which pushes him up through my right side! Stinker! My ds was head down by now, and engaged at almost 34 weeks, such a good boy. I am hoping this is not a preview of his personality that he won't get into the correct position! I really don't want a c section.

I think this baby will be here early. Starting to feel things I felt with my dd a few weeks before giving birth.. Yikes.

Oh my, do you have an ob appt scheduled soon? Hopefully LO hangs out in there a luttle longer. What kinds of things are you noticing?

31 weeks today. Single figure count down! It's going really quickly now. Got all the bits for my hospital bag, just need to pack it & we have the week off work next week and will hopefully finish getting bits for the baby and finish the nursery.

Pretty sure my lo is at a weird head down but at an angle. I feel kicks up high in the right, he loves to kick my ribs there! Then I feel the gentler pokes and prods from the hands on the bottom left. I think his head is probably pointing towards my left hip. Still get prods to my cervix too, horrible horrible feeling, I recon that's what causes bits of my mucus plug to come away!

I'm feeling huge the last couple of days. It's hard to roll over and get up off the couch. I get out of breath walking long distances ..I can't imagine what it will be like in a few more weeks.

Il also be into single figures come Saturday whoop whoop .
Also got my baby shower on Saturday , I do hope the weath is good as iv got about 30 people coming and wanna be out in garden for games ect .
Think after shower it should start to go quicker couple of appointments coming up . Midwife and bloods for my platlets.

These are my mile stones . Saturday 31 weeks .
Next the . Bloods
Midwife app 34 weeks
Kids back to school after summer holidays too , as much as I want this baby to come it would defo be easier if my kids in school when I went into labour .

I feel like I haven't seen the doctor in so long. It's usually 4 weeks but for some reason it was 5 weeks in between appointments this time. I should be going this week, but it's next week instead. Then I will start bi-weekly appointments. I have my pre-admit appointment with a nurse, an ultrasound and an OB appointment all in the same morning next week.

My daughter really loves my Snoogle pillow. I had get her up to change her diaper last night and laid her on my bed. She went right back to sleep on the Snoogle.

Attachments

• IMG-20140811-02180.jpg
    IMG-20140811-02180.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 11
Same here Rbourre it feels like forever since I've been to the doc. We were going weekly then biweekly and this was the first real 4 week stretch that we haven't seen any doctors for anything and I am sooo nervous, we go tomorrow morning and I've got a million things running thru my head. I get off of work in an hour and a half and I'm going straight to take a nap because I'm exhausted today. And worrying is just making me even more exhausted. I'm started to get these pinching feelings in my cervix. Pretty consistently. I first experienced them at 28 weeks and it was for like 5 mins and then gone and the next week 5 mins and gone and now yesterday after the hospital tour and most of today they have come and gone all day but it's not painful just noticeable so something is happening very slowly down there but no discharge or anything like that just sweaty. Ohh ahh I need a rest.

On top of all that I asked my employer for my fmla paperwork and they said I don't qualify because I work from home, after some arguing with hr and some heated emails with legal they finally agreed with me so now I have until sept 1st to decide if I want to do the 6-8 weeks or take up to 12 weeks without pay. After today I think I might need the 12 weeks lol

Rbourre- There is SO much adorableness in that pic

Jcliff-hope that you have an appt. soon and that LO stays snugly inside for a while longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->