*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

My acid reflux is out of control!! I have to take a Zantac every am and pop tums all day. It's terrible! I need some new remedies! We are also waiting to close on our new house, and my nesting phase has started to kick in. I hate not having our house ready to start cleaning and organizing ugh

Starbrites-glad you found the breastfeeding class helpful. That's amazing you felt your baby practicing breathing! Makes you think how advanced are little babies are now in there. :)

Rbourre-heartburn sucks-I have to keep something by my bed for when it starts. Urgh.

I'm in full nesting mode-I've sorted through every drawer in the house, thrown out 8 bags of old toys from the playroom, reorganised the baby's clothes and that's been over 24 hours, whilst looking after my two girls and doing regular housework.I'm tiring myself, but I need to do it!

Anyone else got the nesting bug?

Edit-Jcliff, good to see I'm not alone in the crazy nesting instinct...the need to clean and throw (almost) everything away is really strong! My husband thinks I'm possessed! :haha:

I booked my maternity pictures for tomorrow morning. I'm excited to get them done, I just hope I don't look too exhausted in my pictures. I went to a wedding recently and noticed how tired I look in the pictures. It's also supposed to rain tomorrow so hopefully that holds off.

Same here with the nesting. My house looks like a hurricane hit it because I had my baby shower, then a family reunion and my husband has been nesting too so he's fixing his own stuff and I have everything pulled out of our pantry and laid out in the dinning room table and I just want to throw everything away but dh keeps bring stuff back. I have a whole pile of just boxes to get rid of and of course they switched the days that garbage goes out so that can't go out to the trash until tonight but it's amazing how the little things are just bothering the heck out of me. I'm going to a consignment event this weekend as well to try to get all the little odds and ends I still need before buying them new so dh will have to get this stuff together tonight because I refuse to bring more stuff in without getting rid of some things....if he lets me. Lol

Little nesting. It is hard since we are SUPPOSED to have moved weeks ago and now it may not be until well after baby is here. To torn to do much and all the packing I did is annoying me as I have begun to need packed things.

Washed NB and 0-3 and all sleep sacks as figured why not:p Did diaper 5 times over a few days stretch. The wipes are amazingly soft.

Had an interesting dream last night. pretty graphic but basically I had a fight over what a chicken is and what a cat is to a butcher...Yeah. I woke up a bit freaked. In dream I was in start of labor and trying to not have them call cops for starting a fight.

Also going to a consignment event. Must not buy any clothes! Looking for toys.

For those wondering, my rash went away with diaper rash cream ;)

I get to go to our family cabin in canada for the last time this weekend. Doc said I can go up to 35 weeks, but we only go about every other weekend, and labor day weekend is "guys" weekend. LOL.

I had my 32 week appointment today and baby is in a transverse (sideways) position, which is not good! There is still time for her to move but I'm a bit concerned about it. I don't really mind the idea of a c section but I've read some horror stories about the umbilical cord being delivered without the baby and it becoming an emergency. Anyone else have a transverse at this stage in this or previous pregnancies?

Baby is still measuring 2 weeks small but they didn't seem concerned. Blood pressure still a little on the high end of normal. Next appointment in 2 weeks.

On another note I really enjoyed my first NCT class on Monday - there were some nice people and I actually learnt a lot already. I'm glad we spent the money and there are still 5 more sessions to go (4 more antenatal and one post natal).

I haven't started nesting yet as our extension is being built soon so I feel a bit out of control!

Yo yo yeah I'm nesting too I just want everything sorted and have been doing all those jobs I've put off like clearing out cupboards and drawers.

Laura I had a friend whose baby was transverse till quite late. I cant remember if there was a problem or not but she did spend a couple of weeks in the hospital near the end and got sent home when baby turned.
I think the main issue was she lived an hour drive from the hospital so if her waters went it would take too long to get there so they told her they wanted her to stay in.
She was very pregnant though, close to her due date.

I had my 32 week appointment today and baby is in a transverse (sideways) position, which is not good! There is still time for her to move but I'm a bit concerned about it. I don't really mind the idea of a c section but I've read some horror stories about the umbilical cord being delivered without the baby and it becoming an emergency. Anyone else have a transverse at this stage in this or previous pregnancies?

Baby is still measuring 2 weeks small but they didn't seem concerned. Blood pressure still a little on the high end of normal. Next appointment in 2 weeks.

On another note I really enjoyed my first NCT class on Monday - there were some nice people and I actually learnt a lot already. I'm glad we spent the money and there are still 5 more sessions to go (4 more antenatal and one post natal).

I haven't started nesting yet as our extension is being built soon so I feel a bit out of control!

Mine is still sideways too! MW couldn't even find his head at my last appt! I was 31 weeks at that appt so she didn't seem too worried. Who knows what they will say at my appt next week. My ds had been head down for quite awhile at this point so this is new territory for me! Fxd for both of us that they turn soon!

As for nesting...I have been in a frenzy! Nursery is done, clothes are washed, baby bag is packed and am currently working on the hospital bag. I have everything to put in it, I just pulled out my old nursing bras and as soon as they are dry I will finish packing! Maybe with getting all of the baby stuff done I will continue to nest and actually clean out some closets. Lol. I make no promises.

Thank you zephyr and Kel!

Kel - fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for both of us! Let us know what happens at your next appointment!

I feel like iv been nesting for ages but getting no where with it .
I wanna sort my kids clothes out into correct draws and label them as my husband won't hVe a clue if I end up having yo stay in at all .
Also wanna finish school uniform buying off . So if I was to go in early my hubby would know where all new uniforms where . Ha he useless ..

My shower tomorrow and I haven't stooped all day . So early night tonight so I bright eyed and bushy tailed for our guests

DS1 was transverse about this point so I had to go to a chiropractor trained in turning babies - took a few days but it worked. Hope baby turns for you soon.

As for nesting, i'm certainly in nesting mode, but my mobility's super limited (SPD+twins), so it's frustrating - there are a 100 things i want to do, but just physically can't...

Fides, I am so with you!!! I have scoliosis quite bad and so my physical mobility is really limited these days and I have that urge to start nesting and I just cannot do anything. I get so frustrated and upset sometimes that there are so many things left to do and there's not one I can do for myself.

I feel you ladies. I could nest but I can't seem to wake up ever. Today I slept all night and didn't get out of bed until 3 this afternoon. It seems to be my routine lately. I just have NO energy!!

Well I got a good start on cleaning the house up tonight my sister came over and did all the lifting for me and dh wasn't home so I threw a lot away and I just kept a maybe pile for him to sort out. Which he ended up getting rid of most of it so I was so happy about that. We aren't quiet finished but we put a very good dent in it and I could probably have a decent yard sale right now and make some money.

We went to the consignment event tonight too and we might have been there for 20 mins if that, I have so much already that even the stuff that was very nice I didn't need so looks like I might just go to babies r us once baby comes and get the things I need I think I have a good mix of things to try out to see what she likes and then once I know what she prefers then I'll just buy new. There are so many options as far as sleepwear it's kind of rediculous ..they've got gowns, and sleepers with feet, and swaddlers, and muslin blankets it's like what the heck and my mother kindly pointed out that they didn't have all this fancy stuff when I was born and she did just fine with me so I suppose she has a good point.

For those wondering, my rash went away with diaper rash cream ;)

I get to go to our family cabin in canada for the last time this weekend. Doc said I can go up to 35 weeks, but we only go about every other weekend, and labor day weekend is "guys" weekend. LOL.

Glad the rash had gone! Diaper rash cream is great for lots of skin problems, and you know it's gentle enough as it's for babies.

Your cabin sounds so nice! You'll be able to go again when you have baby. Bet she will see it as a cool adventure. :)

I haven't started nesting yet. I might actually be going in the opposite direction and caring less haha.

I have my baby shower tomorrow! Well technically today since it's after midnight. I'm up late helping my best friend finish up everything. I can't wait until my shower though!

My baby gave me quite the scare yesterday by being very quiet all day. I didn't know what to do since I'm approximately 7 hours from my hospital. I decided to eat an extra sugary candy bar and lie down and he started moving around. Ugh little turd! And today he's been all over the place! I'm so glad!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Laura have a look on spinning babies website for some positions to try and get baby head down. I'm sure she'll turn in time :) Xx

I hope I catch the nesting bug soon- everything is a mess and I don't think I'm actually bothered, even though there's only 45+/- days left:wacko: I'm just too tired to do anything

I have a nesting list and not got much done as i just feel drained :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"