*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I've started nesting like mad at the minute! Started to wash all his clothes and rearranging my living room this weekend once I can persuade hubby to buy a new bookcase :p

I'm also going shopping today to get all the bits and bobs for my hospital bag that I need!

I want to nest and have a list of thins I want done before baby arrives but I'm just so tired I haven't done any of it yet!

Had my 32 week appointment yesterday and everything is perfect so all good :) found out that to deliver at our local hospital though I have to have a presentation scan at 36 weeks to make sure he's head down or they'll make me deliver at the bigger hospital 90 minutes away as it's higher risk. He's been head down for weeks though so hopefully he'll behave and stay that way.

I still haven't got all my hospital bag stuff yet! Better hurry up! Can't believe it's only 5 weeks until he's considered full term!

I didnt start my hospital bag yet either. I live 5 minutes from the hospital so i think that's why I'm not worried. I also haven't painted, set up, or cleared our the nursery, lol. Buuuut my dh said he'd start moving his stuff out of there this weekend. I got furniture, carpet and wallpaper swatches already. My friends are coming over at the end of the summer to help us paint and set stuff up. I gpt repositionable/removable wall paper swatches from swag paper to cover the doors to the eVes (i live in a cape style house). Once the painting is donr and furniture is in I'll choose which style I like best, and if LO arrives first before it's orderrd? Oh well, she'll never know haha.

Happy 32 weeks allstar and the other oct 11th girls.

I didn't do my hospital bag with my dd until like 37 weeks. Woaps! Maybe I should do this one earlier!

31 weeks today. Attempted to do maternity pictures this morning but it didn't go so well. My daughter was being miserable and cried for basically the whole hour. She kept running away from us and we couldn't even get 1 decent picture of the 3 of us. It was also quite cool and windy and the ground was soaked. Baby was kicking my bladder the whole time and I was trying not to pee myself. This later part of pregnancy is certainly interesting. 31 weeks is very different than 29 from when I had my daughter.

Nesting...yep I am there but can't really start bc my house is a disaster due to a window installation project that went bad. They basically put they in wrong which lead to a leak downstairs. They had to fix and re-stucco 3 times. We need to wait till another 2-3 weeks to paint and there seems to be stucco dust everywhere. Blah! Hoping that over the next 2 weeks my hubby can finish all of that stuff and I will start with packing the hospital bag and getting things ready.

Had my 31 week appt yesterday. The fluid is back up so I now am starting twice weekly NSTs and once weekly ultrasounds. Between my regular OB and high risk I have appts basically every week with a doctor so taking that as a relief so they can see right away if the baby is in trouble.

Good luck to all of you who have baby showers this weekend. How exciting! We are having my daughters 3rd bday today so excited for that!

Baby shower went well . But boy I'm tired now zzzzz just shows how being 31 weeks pregnant and trying to entertain and stay on feet all day can completely kill ya .
My sciatica has really kicked in , was ok whilst party going on but as soon as finished and I tried to sit down. .. Boom pain !

Had a wedding last night and I am exhausted today. Just had my sister do a sono for us today. Baby boy is measuring 2 weeks ahead at 3lbs 14 oz. I'm hoping he doesn't get too big because a natural birth will be that much harder. He had the hiccups and was opening and closing his eyes. So cute! He's also still head down which is good.

I guess I'm nesting- technically. My hubby and I moved our bedroom upstairs and changed our old bedroom into the nursery. I told dh that I wanted to be upstairs by September 1st. I'm due the 29th, but ds 1 was born at 37+3 and ds 2 was born at 36+4, so I'm a little nervous this one will be early. I've already packed most of my hospital bag as well except for pillows and a few odds and ends. Got the carseat in the living room just waiting. Still have some cleaning/straightening up to do in pretty much every room. My ankles are so swollen after all this work- but can't not do it. 34 weeks on Monday with another doctor's appointment.

Baby shower went well . But boy I'm tired now zzzzz just shows how being 31 weeks pregnant and trying to entertain and stay on feet all day can completely kill ya .
My sciatica has really kicked in , was ok whilst party going on but as soon as finished and I tried to sit down. .. Boom pain !

I had my baby shower today as well. It went really well, it was just super HOT! It was above 100 (37c) the whole time and the house it was hosted at the air broke the day before! The heat was absolutely miserable!

Either way I got a bunch of stuff and I'm super thrilled and grateful for everyone! Now I'm just exhausted, it's almost 830pm and I'm about to go to bed!

So I think I've seriously started nesting! I got up this morning wanting to tidy the kitchen and move some baby things from the nursery into the living room (readying the house for babies! Yay!) and those 2 tasks turned into a massive day of cleaning and organizing. I completely decluttering my living room, gut cleaned my kitchen and moved a lot of baby stuff around as well as packed up my car with a low of stuf to move into storage. Granted i was stopping regularly to sit or lay down but I kept finding more things to do. And I've got a list of more things I want to try to do tomorrow. Will see if I feel up to it after today. Might spend tomorrow in bed!

Hope this nesting thing doesn't mean babies are coming soon...those who've had babies already, when did nesting really kick in for you?

I did my kitchen today too!
I spent hours on it doing every cupboard and drawer and I still feel great. I cant say ive ever nested like this before. I did a little in the past but the feeling of I cant be bothered normally took over.

I spent 5 days last week cleaning the house from top to bottom! I'm so tired this week! I needed a major vaccuum and was trying to get enough energy to do it today when my aunt showed up and did it for me! It was so nice of her! And then she took my girls over to her place so I could take a little nap. I'm hoping to get a little more energy this week to get a few more things done.

I want to start nesting but I'm too tired! I only have 2 more weeks of work though, so going to start in earnest after that. I think I'll get a lot done in the first week off, as the health visitor is coming on the Friday morning and I want the house to be looking nice(r) and things to be a bit more put together than they are now.

The major job needing done at the moment is to sort out the back bedroom and turn it from a random junk room into a proper guest bedroom for when family are visiting. Need to have a major clearing-out spree!

I have a major urge to clean and deal utter . But I'm so tired and breathless I keep stopping .
So I feel iv done somthing to ease the urge I may sit on chair next to drawers and sort all them today . Then see how I feel tomorrow .

It's more my youngest sons room I wanna sort . Oh my it looks like bomb hit it .

I suppose when the children go back to school after sumner holidays I'll get more done as I'll be able to sleep a bit in afternoons . :happydance: roll on September .

Oh mushy-that must have been hard in that kind of heat glad you had a nice shower though :)

Mamamac-I'm nesting like crazy, in fact so is hubby (lol don't think he's about to go into labour! ):haha:

Have baby's bed all set up now-starting to feel more real :)

Who's getting impatient for getting to full term? I know I am!

Me! Sort of. Because I then remember all the thi gs I won't be able to do!

I had my birthing class yesterday. It was very informative, reminded us of stuff we had forgotten. Also took us on a tour of the labor ward and told us what to expect. Even my husband was glad we went! Lol

Hi! Popping in to see how you all are doing? Crazy to think babies will be here in 2 or less months! So excited to hear about the births! :)
I am 13 weeks now! Woo hoo 2nd tri! Happy to have made it this far! We find out in 3 weeks if we are team blue or pink. I can't wait! Here is a pic of my growing bump! I'm much bigger this time around! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member