*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Elsa- sounds like you have dropped, you have a lovely bump too :)

Mommyberry- wishing you all the best with your induction, hope everything goes smoothly for you:hugs:

Afm I think *think* he might be starting to drop, here's my 38+4 next to 37 weeks...

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1411223737519-1.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1411223737519-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
Alright, I'm posting a bit late, but we've been busy! We had our little boy, Raunek, on Sept 7th at 12:48pm!!! He weighed 5lbs 8oz. He was a little eager to come and I was only 35+2 days. I actually went into labour at 33+5days and had to be ambulanced to the nearest city with a nicu. They were able to slow the contractions down to every 20-30min and I was stuck at 2-3cm for the next week. My contractions started coming every 5min around 9am and while they were getting me ready for my c-section, he decided he wasn't going to wait. I ended up with a vaginal delivery after 2 c-sections!! It was amazing and crazy all at once!! We are so happy!!

Congrats to the other mamas that have had their babies!!!

Congrats!

So I guess monday we are making the trip (3 hours one way) to check out some apartments, and then moving next weekend, I will be a couple days shy of 37 weeks. Stay in there baby! And I'll still be 1.5 hours from my doctor!

Good luck and glad he got the job!

I've been having a lot of pressure in my lower stomach today and my thighs are sore making it hard to get up from sitting down. I hope baby moves or comes in a couple weeks so I am not dealing with this for the next 4 weeks.

Hope he moves for you :hugs:

37 weeks! Weight gain slowed (only gained .4 lbs between 34 and 36 weeks). My belly is starting to point down more too. I can eat more and am hungrier, maybe I dropped?

Sounds like he dropped! Woohoo!

I <3 waking up every morning and seeing all these wonderful updates, whether it be babies born or labour watching it is all so exciting!

I had a 3 days stretch of non-stop tightening, period cramps and pressure. Just my body getting ready I suppose... I want to got past the 26th at least as I want to save that day special for my first born son, we will see I guess. Hope you all are well!

Hope baby stays put for you!

Elsa- sounds like you have dropped, you have a lovely bump too :)

Mommyberry- wishing you all the best with your induction, hope everything goes smoothly for you:hugs:

Afm I think *think* he might be starting to drop, here's my 38+4 next to 37 weeks...

Great bump picks, it does look like it is getting a little lower.

NIPPLE STIMULATION WORKS! *DON'T DO IT*
So i ended up in the hospital last night with contractions that had gone from 4 mins apart 30 seconds long to every minute and a half 2 mins long and way more intense over the hours. Sounds like the real thing huh? I thought so too! Felt like the real thing. It was not :( All i got for all of that was a sore body and lots of teasing from my dh and family.

My dr at my last appt suggested doing nipple stimulation but did not give me any guidelines. So after a couple of days of using my hands on and off and actually getting some Contractions i decided to go online and see about better ways of doing it. That is where i got the brilliant idea to use my hand pump. Boy did that work!

The midwife told me the dr should not have suggested it, it releases oxytocin which causes contractions but there is no way to control how much oxytocin is released!

So long story short, be careful. Lol. Ugh!

Wow Kel-thanks for the warning! Must have been disappointing for you. Hopefully baby will come soon for you.

NIPPLE STIMULATION WORKS! *DON'T DO IT*
So i ended up in the hospital last night with contractions that had gone from 4 mins apart 30 seconds long to every minute and a half 2 mins long and way more intense over the hours. Sounds like the real thing huh? I thought so too! Felt like the real thing. It was not :( All i got for all of that was a sore body and lots of teasing from my dh and family.

My dr at my last appt suggested doing nipple stimulation but did not give me any guidelines. So after a couple of days of using my hands on and off and actually getting some Contractions i decided to go online and see about better ways of doing it. That is where i got the brilliant idea to use my hand pump. Boy did that work!

The midwife told me the dr should not have suggested it, it releases oxytocin which causes contractions but there is no way to control how much oxytocin is released!

So long story short, be careful. Lol. Ugh!

I was literally just doing this but mine are wayyy too sensitive to try it for too long, kinda glad now!

my belly today is like half the size it was yesterday, I have felt her move, just not sure where she's hiding? Do you guys think she's dropped or what?

pic with the black tee pulled up was yesterday, other pic is today.

Attachments

• 0919141924.jpg
    0919141924.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 0920140839.jpg
    0920140839.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 6
I'm definitely nesting today. I woke up and felt the need to get everything done. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and came home and cooked. I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and divided it into 3, 2 shepherds pies, carrot muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. I've also done a bunch of laundry and dishes. I still want to get the floors all cleaned and finish packing hospital bags. I also need to finish getting the nursery ready (been using it for some storage), wash the rest of his clothes and hopefully organize the closets. That might have to wait for tomorrow though, my feet are getting pretty sore.

I'm definitely nesting today. I woke up and felt the need to get everything done. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and came home and cooked. I made a big batch of spaghetti sauce and divided it into 3, 2 shepherds pies, carrot muffins and oatmeal chocolate chip muffins. I've also done a bunch of laundry and dishes. I still want to get the floors all cleaned and finish packing hospital bags. I also need to finish getting the nursery ready (been using it for some storage), wash the rest of his clothes and hopefully organize the closets. That might have to wait for tomorrow though, my feet are getting pretty sore.

I'm right there with you!! It hit me this morning that tomorrow is only a month away from our scheduled c-section. So we have a month AT THE MOST! I panicked a bit lol, and have been cleaning like a mad woman all day.

Vivkyandchick looks lower now and so cute!

Kel thanks for the info about the nipples lol.

Rbourre same here about nesting. Getting things from our shower last week put in the nursery today. Put together the cosleeper bassinet but still need to do the crib in the nursery. Can't kick the urge to wash those baby clothes ( the 0-3 month ones) and all those sheets/blankets.

Newlywed it does look smaller today. Sometimes my l.o. moves toward my spine and bump gets all softish. Maybe that's where she's moving, who knows.

I think my L.O. is going to be big. I got video of what i hope was her thigh moving like a gear. It was THICK. Hope I can fit this baby out without a struggle when it's time!

Newlywed - Congrats and it does look like you have dropped.
Hopettc - congrats on your arrival!
Rbourre - I hear you about the nesting. I went to the store today and made 10 bags of frozen crock pot meals. After working for a little bit I am on my way back down to make some meatloaf that I can freeze.

The contractions seem to be getting stronger but just don't want to go in again only to find out that I haven't dilated; however, they said if I show every 3-5 mins again they would just do the C-section. Just really want to wait to Monday when I am 37 weeks....agh.

Newlywed - Congrats and it does look like you have dropped.
Hopettc - congrats on your arrival!
Rbourre - I hear you about the nesting. I went to the store today and made 10 bags of frozen crock pot meals. After working for a little bit I am on my way back down to make some meatloaf that I can freeze.

The contractions seem to be getting stronger but just don't want to go in again only to find out that I haven't dilated; however, they said if I show every 3-5 mins again they would just do the C-section. Just really want to wait to Monday when I am 37 weeks....agh.

good luck!!

Good luck ashaz! :flower:

I thought things were happening last night. Strongest BH yet that kept coming and going...sadly they did the going bit in the end!! :-(

I ate fresh pineapple, rubbed clary sage oil on bump, dtd, did squats and even asked baby nicely the day before too!

Oh no newlywed?! and congrats too!? i don't know! would have been nice for baby to cook another week longer. I hope everything goes okay for you and keep us updated. These October babies really don't want to wait! x

Thanks ladies! got all settled in. cervix too high to check, taking pitocin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->