*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Eeek, more babies on their way! Good luck ashaz and newlywed! :happydance:

Newlywed!! Gosh it's all happening now honey! Good luck :)

Thanks Kel-let's hope our babies are soon :flower:

Thanks everyone! Super slow going. They started me on a pill to start ripening my cervix and let me order food!

Hoping things start to quicken up for you newlywed! But don't forget to enjoy your experience and try to rest up before labour begins :) xx

newlywed - can't wait to hear updates.

AFM: went in last night. Contractions extremely strong and every 3-5 minutes. They still wanted to try to stop them but again b/c of my heart condition couldn't give me terbutaline (sp?). So they gave morphine, Zofran and fluids. Of course as expected my stupid cervix doesn't dilate. They said they still want me to try to hang in as long as I can but I think that they know what an effort it is now to be contracting the way I have been for over a week. They gave me ambien last night to try to sleep but the contractions kept waking me up. They are going to talk with the lead doctor to see if they can move the csection up (scheduled now for 10-7-14). Agh - so frustrated. I want my baby to cook longer but this is really hard! :cry:

And I'm jealous they let you order food, I basically couldn't eat for the two days I was in labor!

Why can't you eat?? You need to eat to have energy for labour :-/ madness lol. Here both times they asked if I'd been eating for energy levels (although personally I can't face food in labour).

I get to eat again! 1.5 min. Contractions about 5 min, apart.
I get to eat because my blood sugar keeps dropping. They don't like you to eat in case of an emergency c section in case they have to put you under so you don't vomit and choke

Wow what a super exciting day it's been I feel like I missed so much. Congrats to hopettc3

hope all goes well newlywed a bit early but very much exciting. Glad dh got the job and it'll be exciting to look for an apartment and get settled in with new baby is anew apartment. Glad your able to eat. That would be the hardest thing for me ...I'd need to eat for energy. But I understand the whole emergency csection debate it makes sense just seems horrible.

Ashaz, omg 10/7 with contractions that so much torture. How many weeks are you now? Is 10/7 40 weeks or 37... Bless your heart lady I would be miserable, I was getting gas pains and that was painful enough let along actual contractions. The things we go through for these babies. Ouch

Good luck yoyo trying to bring on labor. Hopefully all your attempts will prove rewarding and I had a good laugh at the bit about you even asked the baby nicely. I really wish it was that easy.

Oh wow kel21 thanks for the warning about nipple stimulation. We haven't gotten to the point of trying to bring on labor but most people I talk to laugh and say don't bother that they've tried everything and nothing works.

Afm, I had a super exciting weekend. My sister has been on the waiting list for a kidney transplant for over 3 years and she got a call on sat that she was a primary for a donation of a young man who passed away. Unfortunately she went thru the whole process and in the final stages they determined that the kidney wasn't healthy enough for donation but it was a whirlwind for is. And a great trial run for us to get bags packed and her kids stuff sorted. She's very sad about it not working out but I keep telling her to keep positive thoughts because now it's only a matter of time.

Personally tho I've been having increasing mucus and cm...it's starting to be more clear and mucusy if that makes sense but no blood yet. I've been having increased pressure and ever have some stabbing pains off and on again, they laid off for a couple weeks then started up again Saturday. So I'm very excited for my appt on Tuesday to see if I've dilated anymore.

Wow! I missed a lot today!

Ashaz, how miserable! I hope something gets sorted VERY soon!

Newlywed--how exciting! FXd all goes well, and your sweet LO is ready to meet the world, early or not! : )

Sprite--I'm so sorry about the transplant let down for your sister. Praying she stays healthy and safe until the surgery can happen! A friend of mine had that happen to her twice before she was finally able to receive a transplant. It's so heartbreaking to have your hopes up and then dashed.

I know I've missed other updates on here, but I hope everyone is doing well! Keep popping out those babies, ladies! Lol it gives me motivation for the next month! (My c-section is scheduled exactly one month from today!!) : )

As of an hour ago, 2cm, 80%effaced, going to find out if we can start pitocin and iv pain, meds. I just want sleep :(

Aww, Newlywed, thinking of you! Hope you can get some good rest before she gets ready to make her appearance!

Wow what a super exciting day it's been I feel like I missed so much. Congrats to hopettc3

hope all goes well newlywed a bit early but very much exciting. Glad dh got the job and it'll be exciting to look for an apartment and get settled in with new baby is anew apartment. Glad your able to eat. That would be the hardest thing for me ...I'd need to eat for energy. But I understand the whole emergency csection debate it makes sense just seems horrible.

Ashaz, omg 10/7 with contractions that so much torture. How many weeks are you now? Is 10/7 40 weeks or 37... Bless your heart lady I would be miserable, I was getting gas pains and that was painful enough let along actual contractions. The things we go through for these babies. Ouch

Good luck yoyo trying to bring on labor. Hopefully all your attempts will prove rewarding and I had a good laugh at the bit about you even asked the baby nicely. I really wish it was that easy.

Oh wow kel21 thanks for the warning about nipple stimulation. We haven't gotten to the point of trying to bring on labor but most people I talk to laugh and say don't bother that they've tried everything and nothing works.

Afm, I had a super exciting weekend. My sister has been on the waiting list for a kidney transplant for over 3 years and she got a call on sat that she was a primary for a donation of a young man who passed away. Unfortunately she went thru the whole process and in the final stages they determined that the kidney wasn't healthy enough for donation but it was a whirlwind for is. And a great trial run for us to get bags packed and her kids stuff sorted. She's very sad about it not working out but I keep telling her to keep positive thoughts because now it's only a matter of time.

Personally tho I've been having increasing mucus and cm...it's starting to be more clear and mucusy if that makes sense but no blood yet. I've been having increased pressure and ever have some stabbing pains off and on again, they laid off for a couple weeks then started up again Saturday. So I'm very excited for my appt on Tuesday to see if I've dilated anymore.

Bummer about your sister but it has to be a great sign that she is so high up on the list. :happydance:

Wow! I missed a lot today!

Ashaz, how miserable! I hope something gets sorted VERY soon!

Newlywed--how exciting! FXd all goes well, and your sweet LO is ready to meet the world, early or not! : )

Sprite--I'm so sorry about the transplant let down for your sister. Praying she stays healthy and safe until the surgery can happen! A friend of mine had that happen to her twice before she was finally able to receive a transplant. It's so heartbreaking to have your hopes up and then dashed.

I know I've missed other updates on here, but I hope everyone is doing well! Keep popping out those babies, ladies! Lol it gives me motivation for the next month! (My c-section is scheduled exactly one month from today!!) : )

1month....eeck so close!

As of an hour ago, 2cm, 80%effaced, going to find out if we can start pitocin and iv pain, meds. I just want sleep :(

Hang in there momma, you are doing great. Get whatever energy you need. Can't wait to hear updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->