*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Aww congratulations baby3onboard!! That's 4 babies now for our group right?

Update on my SIL - she called us last night around 6:30pm and said she was 8cm! I had my mom come over and watch dd and we headed over to the hospital... however, from there things went reallllllly slow. She was still at 8cm by 11:30pm and I had to leave :( I was really hoping to be able to stay and see her new baby, but my mom couldn't stay overnight watching dd. So I headed home but DH stayed there for his sister. She had it rough and was such a long labor. The epidural helped a lot but was making her feel sick and was puking. She started getting a fever and the doctor wanted to only give her another hour to progress and if not, do an c-section. Well they kept giving her more and more time and she finally had her baby boy at 5:45am, she didn't have to have a c-section after all which is great. I would have felt so bad if she had labored for over a day and a half and ended up with a c-section anyway. He's 8lbs 7oz and super cute, full head of hair! I haven't met him in person yet but hoping to tonight. Sadly dd is coming down with a cold so she won't be able to meet her cousin for a few days. :( But overall we're so thankful everything worked out the way it did and she is healthy and baby is healthy and that's all we could ask for!

AFM... 37 weeks today! Holy moly! Can't believe it.

Update on my SIL - she called us last night around 6:30pm and said she was 8cm! I had my mom come over and watch dd and we headed over to the hospital... however, from there things went reallllllly slow. She was still at 8cm by 11:30pm and I had to leave :( I was really hoping to be able to stay and see her new baby, but my mom couldn't stay overnight watching dd. So I headed home but DH stayed there for his sister. She had it rough and was such a long labor. The epidural helped a lot but was making her feel sick and was puking. She started getting a fever and the doctor wanted to only give her another hour to progress and if not, do an c-section. Well they kept giving her more and more time and she finally had her baby boy at 5:45am, she didn't have to have a c-section after all which is great. I would have felt so bad if she had labored for over a day and a half and ended up with a c-section anyway. He's 8lbs 7oz and super cute, full head of hair! I haven't met him in person yet but hoping to tonight. Sadly dd is coming down with a cold so she won't be able to meet her cousin for a few days. :( But overall we're so thankful everything worked out the way it did and she is healthy and baby is healthy and that's all we could ask for!

Aw congratulations to your SIL - she definitely worked for that baby but so glad everything is alright and she didn't have to have a c section.

Happy 37 weeks too!

My hubby wants to start trying to evict baby girl lol. I think he wants her out more than I do! I told him we have to wait for 37 Weeks, but he wants to start a few days before to hopefully avoid another doctors appointment.. :haha

Congrats on baby Joshua! Wow that was a quick labor!

Woke up with stronger contractions and (sorry TMI) diarrhea and vomiting. Blah. My blood sugar keeps dropping too which is making me feel worse. Waiting at docs office for AFI, NST and doc appt but they are already an hour late so haven't done anything. :growlmad: getting impatient.

Congrats Baby3onboard!

Yesterday I had a couple of hours of uncomfortable tightenings that got me timing them. They were between 5-7 minutes apart and were 30-40 seconds long.
I thought for a minute there it was the start of things but then it all fizzled out and not a twinge since!

kinda glad it wasn't the real thing, id like baby to cook longer we have a cold in the house and I'm feeling a bit nervous about labour.

Mushy-- Sorry you're still sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Ashaz-- It sounds like your body is getting ready for baby. If not I hope things get better for you.

Newlywed-- Congrats on hubby getting the job!

RcdM-- Yay for becoming an Auntie! Happy 37 weeks.

So MamaMac is our only official October bumpkin to deliver already. I checked on her blog, but there aren't any updates on there of how she is doing either.

Geralyn I love that mobile! You made it? It's very lovely, I would totally buy that!

Newlywed, I understand the stress of having to move so far away, but in the end it will be better. My husband is being sent 6 hours away from where we are now for work at the end of November. Where, thankfully I wont be pregnant I will still possibly be recovering from giving birth and have a newborn. And we don't know how we are going to do it.

Laura, you look wonderful! I'm sure just as wonderful, even if your bump has grown a bunch since then. Do you drink plenty of water? I get more puffy if I realize I haven't drank as much water as I should. But, in regards to pregnant swelling I've been pretty lucky anyhow and haven't had anything major unless it's a humid day.

Starbrites my MIL is coming on October 2nd to be there for me and she's pretty much going to be my maid haha. She's already said though, that she's there to help me with anything I need help with. It's really nice to have that support.

Congrats baby3onboard! Sorry the labor wasn't the best, but you've got your lovely baby boy!

AFM I am still sick! I thought yesterday was going to be the worst day, but then I woke up today and realized, nope! I have so much to do and no energy or motivation to do it. Thankfully due to two nights of very little sleep I was able to get a good amount of sleep last night so I actually feel a little more awake than I have been, but it's all wasted energy, because when I stand I get dizzy.
Yes I hand sewed the felt pieces...I don't normally see anything but thought I'd try it out...I'm happy with how it came out but I'm sure a real seamstress would laugh at my attempt.

Sorry you're still sick...pregnant + sick = no fun!

Congrats to your SIL and your family!

Hubby got the job! Let the craziness begin!
Congrats on getting the job!

AFM: I had a mini freak out earlier and was crying to DH. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with all that still needs to be done and that our kitchen is still not done yet and the house is a mess. Plus I think that I'm starting to realize that I'm actually going to have a baby soon and I have no friggin clue how to take care of a baby!!

Newlywed-congrats on the ho for your hubby!! :) I know the move will be a pain, but long term it's going to be great for you guys to get your own place again.

Geralyn-sorry your kitchens not finished yet. Try not to stress over it-things will work out, and no ones born knowing how to look after a new baby. You just sort of click one day and find you know how to do it, why they are crying etc, and I'm sure you'll be great . :flower:

So MamaMac is our only official October bumpkin to deliver already. I checked on her blog, but there aren't any updates on there of how she is doing either.

I cant wait for an update from Mamamac! But those first few weeks with multiples can be extremely tiring. Hubby and I slept for 20 minutes at a time O_O Hopefully everything is okay with them. I wonder if they are home yet?

edit - silly me for some reason I thought she went at 35 weeks..... shes probably not home with them yet then.

Congrats baby3!!!! Our little group is filling up with babies!!!!

Congrats on hubby's job, Newlywed, that's great news!

So I guess monday we are making the trip (3 hours one way) to check out some apartments, and then moving next weekend, I will be a couple days shy of 37 weeks. Stay in there baby! And I'll still be 1.5 hours from my doctor!

I've been having a lot of pressure in my lower stomach today and my thighs are sore making it hard to get up from sitting down. I hope baby moves or comes in a couple weeks so I am not dealing with this for the next 4 weeks.

I've been having a lot of pressure in my lower stomach today and my thighs are sore making it hard to get up from sitting down. I hope baby moves or comes in a couple weeks so I am not dealing with this for the next 4 weeks.

I had the same thing about a week ago and lasted about a week but he must have moved because it doesn't hurt anymore. I could barely walk

Alright, I'm posting a bit late, but we've been busy! We had our little boy, Raunek, on Sept 7th at 12:48pm!!! He weighed 5lbs 8oz. He was a little eager to come and I was only 35+2 days. I actually went into labour at 33+5days and had to be ambulanced to the nearest city with a nicu. They were able to slow the contractions down to every 20-30min and I was stuck at 2-3cm for the next week. My contractions started coming every 5min around 9am and while they were getting me ready for my c-section, he decided he wasn't going to wait. I ended up with a vaginal delivery after 2 c-sections!! It was amazing and crazy all at once!! We are so happy!!

Congrats to the other mamas that have had their babies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->