*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Starting to wonder If I'll have a quick labour when it finally kicks off.

That's what happened with me last time - i had more than 3 weeks of all the labor signs - mucus plug, contractions, sweeps - was even 4cm for a week before going into labor, but once i finally did, it only took a few hours for baby to get here. Sucks, yes, and super frustrating, but worth it to have a quick labor in the end, i guess!

hang in there, ladies :)

Oh no dont tell me that, my bils gf was 4 cm dilated for 3 weeks and they wouldn't induce or break her water because she was preterm so she had to suffer thru ....my back is killing me tonight. I do hope that once it gets started it's quick tho that sounds like a plan lol

Thanks ladies for your thoughts on the belly band. My doctor said to ask the nurses at the hospital for one vs buying at the store so it will go thru my insurance.

Sounds like several are getting closer.....contractions are a welcome sign.

Laelani he is just gorgeous!!

Yo_Yo I feel your pain, does it ever end? I feel like an elephant:haha:

I had a few even stronger Braxton hicks yesterday that were 10 mins apart for a good couple of hours but they tailed off :(

Woke up today very fed up just want him out :( can't imagine how you overdue ladies are feeling :(

:haha: yes, it does end!! It HAS to end! Has your midwife discussed being induced with you yet? I think the midwife will with me on Monday, and book it in. I'm guessing for Friday/Saturday.

Will try to avoid it as I want a home birth, but same time it'd be nice to put an end date on this.

Kiki-hopefully the close BH were a sign things are going to happen soon for you :) fingers crossed!

Congrats to all the ladies who have had their babies :) 23 days still to go for me x

:haha: yes, it does end!! It HAS to end! Has your midwife discussed being induced with you yet? I think the midwife will with me on Monday, and book it in. I'm guessing for Friday/Saturday.

Will try to avoid it as I want a home birth, but same time it'd be nice to put an end date on this.

Kiki-hopefully the close BH were a sign things are going to happen soon for you :) fingers crossed!

Yes, I have to go in on the 10th for my post dates appointment and they'll book me in then. So latest I'd say would be 13th but that seems too far:haha:

So I've finally caught up!

Congrats to Kel, Starbrites, JT, Mommyberry, Laelani, Jcliff, la mere, Sendal and Zebadi!!

Mommyberry - that must have been a surprise to see a beautiful baby girl when you were told boy! I'm so glad you are happy.

Vickyandchick -my labour started off with the shakes so I reckon it won't be long for you!

For those suffering with high blood pressure I feel your pain. Mine is still high 6 days after the birth and I'm on medication to bring it down which currently isn't working.

I hope things get moving for all those going overdue.

Here is a picture of my baby girl Chloe Abigail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 14
:brat: :brat: 41 weeks today!!!!!! :brat: :brat:

awww, huge :hugs:

I think passing 41 weeks is one of the worst feelings and benchmarks for pregnancy (and i've done it twice). Don't get me wrong, passing 42 weeks SUCKS, but in my opinion you're more numb/overdone by that point, so for me at least, it seems like 41 weeks is just really, really hard emotionally. I truly do feel for you.

:hugs: hang in there! :flower:

38 weeks today. I never expected to get anywhere near this far. Baby was moving a lot at 4 am and I am very sore today so I am hoping that was him moving down and starting to get into place. My legs, pelvis and hips are so sore. We went for a long walk this morning to try to help things along.

I took my first dose of Labetalol last night and my blood pressure dropped to 110/77 which gave me a headache from it going down so fast. I need to keep an eye on it and hopefully that doesn't keep happening.

Congrats Laura! Hopefully they get your BP under control soon.
Hang in there yo-yo!
That sucks about the BP rbourre, hopefully your LO is getting into position for you.

Afm, sitting here putting on my make up as Izzy naps away. My stitches are healing up from tearing during crowning, I dared to take a mirror to my nether regions today, lol. WAY less scary than I imagined, I tore less than I thought, which is great.

Still haven't put the crib together. DH and I will do that today, but she's in a bassinet for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 6
Elsa, she is so pretty!!! I am loving all these baby pics!
(WAY more fun than the bump pics we were all just excited over!) ; )

Monday is coming in quick! Although im expecting they might postpone it due to being busy. They have been soooo busy at maternity lately, and i know they will postpone if they have no beds. I'm expecting to not go in!
i wonder if they have a little list of priority on induction? And call people in oorder of who needs baby out most etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->