*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Congrats rbourre, he's beautiful! Glad you avoided a c section, hope everything heals up quickly for you. I had forceps and episiotomy with ds and luckily healed pretty quick.

I'm still getting contractions/Braxton hicks almost all day that never get any closer together or stronger. I just wish they'd turn into the real thing!

Congrats for the new mama's and their babies! :)

Re: weight gain/loss - I weighed 119lbs at 6 weeks pregnant and a few days prior to my C-Section I weighed 175lbs. I am now 155lbs after 12 days post C-Section. So not too bad but I do still have some to lose. I cannot wait until the doctor gives me the go ahead to start working out and walking on my treadmill!

DH hurt his ankle playing football today. He was in a lot of pain so I took him to urgent care to get an xray. It's Not broken just a bad sprain. He can't put any weight on it. Ugh!! 2 weeks before I'm due and I'm taking care if him! It should be the other way around.

Oh no that's not good! Hopefully he will be back on his feet (literally) before the baby comes!

Congrats Rbourre, so glad you avoided a csection and hope u heal quickly.

Ahh geralyn that's a bummer. If dh was hurt right now we would totally be a mess. I did most of everything early on while I still could but depend on dh greatly right now ...we would be doing a whole lot of sitting around that's for sure.

Allstar, hope contractions come soon for you. All the aches and pains are annoying when they turn out not to be the real thing

Afm, no baby yet. My hips are starting to kill me. I woke up this morn at 6 am wide awake and in so much agony it took me a good couple of minutes just to walk to the bathroom and then to sit on the loo was just hell. Once I got back to bed I didn't even wanna lay down for fear I'd wake up later even worse. Dh finally talked me back to bed and once I got up for the day the pain wasn't so bad but I know now I can't stay in one position for too long. I wish I was getting bh but seems like all the symptoms I was spotting last week are completely gone. One good thing is I've dropped some. But I think that's why the hip pains now. So fx baby comes soon other wise induction Tuesday night at 10pm...I'm getting kind of nervous. The reality of it is hitting me now.

Hi girls! Congrats on all of the beautiful babies! 6 more have made an appearance since I last came and updated! My due date has come and gone, and if she doesn't make her appearance before then, My induction is scheduled for Tuesday evening. I have BH like a pro...go for walks and my belly is contracting the whole time. Then it all just stops. I don't foresee anything starting on it's own before Tuesday, so looks like I will be having her on the 15th! Hope all of you other ladies that are over due and those that are coming due meet your little ones very soon!!

Congratulations to all the new mummy's!!!:dance:
I miss coming on here and talking to you guys :( days go by so fast now and I never seem to get anything done haha.
I'm breastfeeding on demand which is tiring but it's going well so far, he seems to have hollow legs!:haha:
For all the overdue ladies don't give up hope, I had NO signs at all- never even saw my plug- and my contractions started out of nowhere. It's exhausting but your babies will be here soon :D

My baby boy is having his first taste of actual breast milk now. He was confused when he first latched this time since it wasn't there 2.5 hours ago.

Congrats rbourre he's lovely :)

It's my due date today :D having some irregular pains again the last couple of days and hoping it turns into something! If not sweep on Wednesday :/

Officially overdue today! Vicky knowing you had no signs gives me hope because I also have nothing! I just wish I would have some kind of a sign, anything at all!

Oh well, he'll come when he's ready right?

I never had signs with all 3! I did finally experience bloody show but I was already in labour at the time soooooooo!! Vicky it's mad how much milk they take thinking of how tiny their stomachs are right now!! Isabelle does a couple of cluster feeds a day where she's wide awake and feeds on and off for 2-3 hours! Once they stop the clusters it gets easier, but then you have growth spurts where again their constantly on there for a couple if days lol.

Mushy- I honestly thought he'd never come and then bang! 8 days late I suddenly had everything at once:thumbup:

Ljo- Yes, Logan does the same! He'll feed for 5-10 minutes then wait a little bit and keep doing it for hours! My nipples have never had so much action in my whole life:rofl:

My milk came in on day 2! I was mega shocked it's always been 4-5 days in past so st least that stopped the 11pm-3.30am marathon I had on night 2&3!! Wow I was sobbing I was so tired! Now she does two clusters one in morning one in evening then wakes twice over night. And my nipples are finally toughening up though thank god.

I encapsulated my placenta at the weekend too! After my last baby I got PTSD/birth disappointment after my unnecessary transfer to hospital!!!! So I decided to do that this time, as it reduced PND risk and it's really good for milk etc too. Her placenta was tiny though with a mega long cord!!!! I was holding her by my shoulder when she came out and it was round her neck twice too. So an average placenta get 150 capsules mine got 88 lol. X

Rbourre-- Congratulations!!!!

Geralyn-- Sorry about DH's ankle. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Mushy-- I think I'll be with you on the overdue. Due date is tomorrow.

I had contractions on and off this weekend. Saturday they were 3-4 minutes apart for a good two hours then tapered off. I was definitely disappointed.

I am absolutely furious.
When he was born the midwife told me he was 8lb 12oz and that he was a big baby so my placenta would be big too.
His weight is documented at 2938grams but then I checked his weight and it came up as 6lb 7oz so I checked with the midwives on duty and they said the 6lb weight was correct.
However I had a visit from the midwife today who did the heel prick test and then weighed him and he was 8lb 8oz:shrug: She redid it and he was the same so they obviously got it wrong at the hospital and now it's been documented wrong everywhere! I am so angry as I don't know how much he actually weighed and how many ounces he actually lost:gun:

Oh my god is be furious too!! You should complain!!! And yeh mine was 3370 and 7lb 6.5 so def wrong!

I just googled and if they put a 2 instead of a 3 that's 8lb 6 so it's still out :-/ how the hell did they get it so wrong :-(

I am absolutely furious.
When he was born the midwife told me he was 8lb 12oz and that he was a big baby so my placenta would be big too.
His weight is documented at 2938grams but then I checked his weight and it came up as 6lb 7oz so I checked with the midwives on duty and they said the 6lb weight was correct.
However I had a visit from the midwife today who did the heel prick test and then weighed him and he was 8lb 8oz:shrug: She redid it and he was the same so they obviously got it wrong at the hospital and now it's been documented wrong everywhere! I am so angry as I don't know how much he actually weighed and how many ounces he actually lost:gun:

That's really frustrating! I'd be angry too. So are they saying he's 8lbs 8 oz now? If so I'd go with his weight being 8lbs 12 oz at birth. Seems more likely that he'd lose 4 oz instead of gaining 2 pounds.

I hope I have a random spontaneous labor, just not 8 days late!

Been loosing my mucus plug for 48 hours - can someone tell me if this is normal or not?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->