October Bumps

I hear heavier babies put better pressure on the cervix so dilation is easier Emzy :thumbsup: Its good news it's not your waters though Emzy as that gives you more chance to avoid an induction.

Thank you 😀 I'm glad he's a good size just scared if he gets much bigger lol. But yeah fingers crossed I'll avoid induction this time round. Hate this waiting game though.

I have had an 8lb 14oz baby and an 8lb 1oz baby... managed both just fine! They barely grow anyway in the last few weeks so dont worry about size!

I have had an 8lb 14oz baby and an 8lb 1oz baby... managed both just fine! They barely grow anyway in the last few weeks so dont worry about size!

Thank you. I just have to be glad he's not as big as my husband was, he came out 13lbs!!!! His poor mum had a natural birth too and was torn completely!

Oh ladies what an evening I had . Spent the night on labour and delivery as I have pleurisy and I'm so unbelievably I'll . And when coughing so bad I had a gush of fluid . I kinda knew it was just wee but rang and as I was coughing and chocking down the phone they told me to come in . They tuck me on the monitor and baby was fine . But they was concerned that I was so week .
They gave fluids and got me feeling better and sent me home . They checked to see if it was my waters but of course it wasn't whilst looking with a specula I felt loads of pressure . Hopefully poking and prodding will get things moving .
But on the other hand maybe her staying inside for a bit May be better as I'm so weak to look after her .

I'm sorry you had such a rough evening! I hope you feel better very soon. I know that certain muscles may be a little lax at this point...I was out on the weekend and managed to slip down three stairs (while staying upright thankfully as I was holding on to a bannister) which totally released my bladder :blush: Thank goodness I was wearing a long dress because I totally peed myself! Worried about waters at first but realized there wasn't enough to be anything to worry about.

I had a busy weekend so haven't been on here. How is everyone doing? Anyone close to having a baby??

Omg! 13lbs?? That poor woman! :wacko: I'm also worried about delivering a big baby but he won't be that big!

I've been feeling kinda blah today, like I can't catch my breath or keep my eyes open. I just ate hoping maybe it's my blood sugar

I've also been having on and off back aches since last night, hoping not to read too much into it but hey, that'd be awesome if it's a sign! Lol :dohh:

13lbs!?! Eek! I was 8lbs 7oz and my (now ex.) Parnter was 10lb 10oz, so none of our girls were ever going to be tiny lol. Think this one is on track to be on the smaller side of the two, but you never know lol.

Well ladies... here is my update from my appointment. She went ahead with the sweep. She said when she started I was a loose 1 cm and she was able to do the sweep and stretch me to a 2. She said that baby is really high and not putting much pressure on my cervix so I am progressing slowly. She gave me a few exercises to try and get him to move down. I go back on Friday for another sweep.

All the hope I had from this weekend of having him this week has slipped away... and now I think it will be next week sometime. I thought I would be upset about going passed due, but I am actually okay with it. More time with my daughter and getting my house ready to go.... sorry that ended up being so long lol

Well ladies... here is my update from my appointment. She went ahead with the sweep. She said when she started I was a loose 1 cm and she was able to do the sweep and stretch me to a 2. She said that baby is really high and not putting much pressure on my cervix so I am progressing slowly. She gave me a few exercises to try and get him to move down. I go back on Friday for another sweep.

All the hope I had from this weekend of having him this week has slipped away... and now I think it will be next week sometime. I thought I would be upset about going passed due, but I am actually okay with it. More time with my daughter and getting my house ready to go.... sorry that ended up being so long lol

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction though :) Hopefully the exercises the midwife gave you will get your little one moving down!

Thanks everyone. She arrived at 2.30 weighing 7.6. Not feeling too bad but I've not been up and about yet so I guess tomorrow will tell.

Congrats Lau!! Post pictures when you're ready! :flower:

I am feeling VERY strange tonight. Had really bad back ache before, worse than it's ever been to the point where I couldn't properly focus on my knitting! (haha) And since then I've had this mad bout of energy and have been running around the house like a mad woman doing a few things I've been meaning to do over the last few days! I haven't had this much energy since I can remember! It feels like I've taken a gram of speed! Haha.. I can't really explain how I'm feeling, just not quite right!! :wacko:

Congratulations Lau88, hope all is well 😀

Grrr! I'm getting so impatient and angry. OH keeps annoying me by not charging his phone and three days running my mum has left behind something I need for the hospital bag. There is still a possibility of 3 more weeks of waiting and the constant 'is this something' is getting to me. I'm going mad! Wish the mw hadn't said she thought I would be early!

Grrr! I'm getting so impatient and angry. OH keeps annoying me by not charging his phone and three days running my mum has left behind something I need for the hospital bag. There is still a possibility of 3 more weeks of waiting and the constant 'is this something' is getting to me. I'm going mad! Wish the mw hadn't said she thought I would be early!
Oh you poor thing 😞 it's horrible feeling like that. I totally sympathise!! My mum asked me to put an order through for her the other day, there was something she asked for that I couldn't find. I tried contacting her and she didn't answer her phone for about and hour and a half. She's an hour away and is due to look after my daughter when I do go into labour, so good job I wasn't trying to call her to come over. She's always out shopping at the moment and never hears her phone.

And as for all these signs it's driving me mad. Keep thinking it must be soon, getting my hopes up and nothing happens. I am so impatient now.

Lau, congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more when you're up to it :)

I'm trying not to get too impatient as I'm 38 weeks, but I still am! It's not that I want her out before she's ready, but I wish time would go faster! I think anytime from 39 weeks I'll be happy to see her out and that time cannot come quick enough.
Just lately my entire fanny (sorry... ) has felt so engorged and sore and throbby, it feels like there's so much pressure down there and when I'm walking I get horrid shooting pains through my cervix, but the intense pressure does come and go. And I'm getting increasingly more backache through my lower back and cramps. This excites me as I know she's doing what she is supposed to be, but I know that this can happen for weeks before labour. :/ urrgh!

The other week Emzy my mum (who is also our childcare plan for DS) left both phones at work for the whole weekend! Just as well I wasn't in labour.

Sunseal - I'm also 38wks. Looks like my mw was wrong and I will be seeing her tomorrow after all! I'm getting lots of kicks and pains and trying up remember what happened last time. Because my waters went first I'm not really sure I had any signs beforehand. I was swollen and waddled but it was the high 20's at that point. I think my plug had come away for about the 10days beforehand but can't remember a show. This time I'm not sure I've been losing my plug. Sorry for tmi - but I've increased discharge like cm, but not like other people describe. I feel like a newbie again. Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable. I've had vv this time on and off and I can completely sympathise. Big hugs.

Yay more October bump s turning into babies :) .
Hope u all ok today , my baby is very active today so cant see anything happening yet for me .
I'm still full of cold and cough anyway .

I've had plug and increased discharge for about 10 days now! It's driving me mad. I thought when I saw my plug that I'd be in labour in a few days. Guess not.

I was induced last time so have no idea what to expect really. Just hoping my waters go so I know it is labour lol.

I've had plug and increased discharge for about 10 days now! It's driving me mad. I thought when I saw my plug that I'd be in labour in a few days. Guess not.

I was induced last time so have no idea what to expect really. Just hoping my waters go so I know it is labour lol.

Was your plug blood-streaked?? Really hoping I'm not still gonna be pregnant this time next week!!

I know what you mean..I've been symptom spotting for too long now. And the last few evenings everything's built up and made me think it's gonna happen ANY MINUTE NOW and then I go to bed and wake up feeling completely normal :(

Was your plug blood-streaked?? Really hoping I'm not still gonna be pregnant this time next week!!

I know what you mean..I've been symptom spotting for too long now. And the last few evenings everything's built up and made me think it's gonna happen ANY MINUTE NOW and then I go to bed and wake up feeling completely normal :(
No not blood streaked, just lots and lots of mucus. The first time it happened I thought it must have been all of it as was loads, then kept having more. Then nothing for a few days and another huge piece and then some more small bits after. Was shocking to see how much there was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->