October Bumps

I find labour (particularly the going into labour part) such a mystery. Every case is different, I just sit here and wonder how it can be so different.. every woman goes through the same procedure to haver a baby (by that I mean contractions.. exit through the vah-ja jay...) so why is it every woman's body starts the process in a different way? Some women have early labour for weeks, for some their water breaks and an hour later baby is there. Weird!

Congratulations Lau! Cant wait for an update. Hope you have a speedy recovery :flower:

Nothing here, not that im surprised! Just the usual on/off pressure type feeling down there, but baby still feels like she is stuck under my ribs lol.
I would love to go into labour naturally but im almost certain it wont happen, again!

AK89 - did anything come of your strange mood?

Anyone else have any updates?

Baby here is really fidgeting and stretching. I'm getting uncomfortable movement under my ribs and pressure on my tailbone and my cervix simultaneously. Most unpleasant! Interested to hear what mw thinks tomorrow....

AK89 - did anything come of your strange mood?

Anyone else have any updates?

Baby here is really fidgeting and stretching. I'm getting uncomfortable movement under my ribs and pressure on my tailbone and my cervix simultaneously. Most unpleasant! Interested to hear what mw thinks tomorrow....

Nope, nothing! Finally put myself to bed at about 1.30 and kinda half expected to wake up in pain at some point but instead woke up feeling completely normal at about 8 :( had another strange spell earlier tonight and have generally been feeling very antsy/nervous and getting normal pains + additional new sharper pains and still nothing! Getting tired of it now.. not only 'cause of the physical side of it, but 'cause It's making me really anxious!

Oh well... I've got midwife tomorrow too. Have you got a sweep NotNic? I have and I'm really hoping something comes of it..

I find labour (particularly the going into labour part) such a mystery. Every case is different, I just sit here and wonder how it can be so different.. every woman goes through the same procedure to haver a baby (by that I mean contractions.. exit through the vah-ja jay...) so why is it every woman's body starts the process in a different way? Some women have early labour for weeks, for some their water breaks and an hour later baby is there. Weird!

I couldn't agree more! :)

39 weeks today and not much action here either. I feel so normal it's strange! Been having some pelvic pressure on and off and light BH on and off but that's about it. Hopefully it's all leading up to something. I have my 39 wk appt tomorrow so will see!

Had my midwife appt this morning, still 4/5 engaged (which is disappointing as this last week I've been feeling such horrid pains down there!)
Got another appt booked for next Wednesday when I'll be 39 weeks, and then again at 40 weeks + 2 where the midwife is going to come to my house and give me a good sweep!
I did also ask that does the fact my son was 2 weeks late and induced have any relevance to this one being overdue and stubborn too, and she said yes. "Not gonna lie, you can still go into labour naturally but the chances are you will go overdue". Boo!
If the sweeps don't work during 40 weeks, when I'm 41 weeks I need to go to the day assessment unit to be fully checked over, and if it's looking favourable they will take me to labour ward to have my waters broken, if it's not, they'll book me in for a section for the next couple of days time.
So, though it's not helping my wishes for a VBAC, at least I know there is a plan in place :) And little lady is measuring 38 weeks exactly :)

Just back from mine (38+3) and baby is still engaged and apparently in a really good position. She thinks baby is very low. Slightly less good is that Im still measuring 35wks, so no growth this last fortnight. I'm booked in for next weds to be re measured with a view to have a growth scan next Friday. I will be almost at 40wks then, so I guess if I am still small and the scans not great I might end up being induced. That said she does think I'm just very low and that might account for my size. To look at me she's very happy with fluid and the size of my bump and would expect I have a good sized baby in there.

Just back from mine (38+3) and baby is still engaged and apparently in a really good position. She thinks baby is very low. Slightly less good is that Im still measuring 35wks, so no growth this last fortnight. I'm booked in for next weds to be re measured with a view to have a growth scan next Friday. I will be almost at 40wks then, so I guess if I am still small and the scans not great I might end up being induced. That said she does think I'm just very low and that might account for my size. To look at me she's very happy with fluid and the size of my bump and would expect I have a good sized baby in there.

Glad the appt went well :)
We'll get there in the end eh!

Today is my due date! I have a dr appt tomorrow, followed by an ultrasound and nst. I'm still not getting many contractions but she feels like she's maybe a little lower.

Went to my midwife appointment and she couldn't do my sweep :nope: Said my cervix was too high up and thick and she could only just about fit her fingertip in it. I'm gutted 'cause I really thought I'd have progressed more than that. I've been having almost constant period pains for like 2 weeks and had my bloody show the other day! :( So yeah....bit disappointed.

And everyone is doing my head in more than ever, 'cause they knew I had my sweep and they knew how hopeful I was about it. I just wanna turn my phone off and hibernate until I go into labour :nope:

Well 39w4d and still pregnant! I have been loosing tons and tons of what I would assume is mucous plug, but not really having any other labor symptoms. I go back to the MW on Friday for another sweep... Fingers crossed that this one does some good. I doubt he will come by Saturday, I am predicting the middle of next week. Have said the 15th of October from the beginning although OH says a day or two early.... well something better start happening if he is to be right ;)

Sounds like a lot of us are stuck in limbo right now! :-(

Had my 39 wk appt today. The baby's head is still high (-2), and no dilation, really. I've had a lot of pressure down there these last few days so really thought I'd made some progress- but nope! Dr thinks I'll go overdue...said he would induce a few days after due date if I don't go into labour before. Think I'll be taking a long walk this weekend!

Hello ladies. Had an interesting day. Went in for check up and dr did not like baby's heart rate. It was floating around 178! Went to lnd to be monitored and he would go up to 200! After a few hours of chasing him around my belly with the monitor they hooked me up to some fluids. Once the bag drained his heart rate dropped within normal range. I didn't even realize I was dehydrated. They let us go home but not after setting up an induction date. He will be here by 10/13 at the latest!! Woohoo!!:happydance:

Now the reality of labor and pushing are settling in. I hope I do well!

Ps. Remember to drink plenty of fluids, ladies!!

Glad everything was ok Kern. I had the same thing a few weeks ago as I was dehydrated too without realising.
Definitely remember to keep drinking that water!!

Ah I'm still here, 3 days till due date. Nothing seems to be happening now and I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm likely to go overdue. At least I know my baby will be here this month I suppose but it's hard this waiting and not knowing. Can't believe they let you go as far as 12 days over. I'll be seriously taring my hair out if that happens.

Blimey, glad everything was okay in the end Kern! Very exciting that you'll be meeting your little one soon :)
I reckon it's going to be limbo, limbo, limbo.. and then BAM quite a few of you are going to have your babies at the same time haha

I also feel like I'm here for the long run. Woke up with a cold sore as well this morning which is really bad timing. I've googled it and because I've had them before and during my pregnancy baby should be immune but I can't kiss the baby with a cold sore :( Hoping I can shift it in the next few days.

Oh and Kern glad to hear you're both okay now. Scary stuff!

Hoping that goes away soon, Notnic! I agree- bad timing!

Kern, glad all was ok in the end!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->