October Bumps

Thanks all, it was scary not knowing what was wrong but I'm glad my dr and the nurses wouldn't let me leave until they figured it out.

Now that there's a due date I'm getting nervous about the whole thing, I hope it goes better than expected. Heh

Glad everything was ok kern!

Afm, after ultrasound today and baby looking pretty big, I'll be going in Sunday night for cervadil then they will start pitocin Monday morning if needed. A little freaked out about the whole situation. Hoping the ultrasound estimate is off!

Looks like there will be lots of babies here by Tuesday. Yay! I'm trying not to get too excited but I'm having strong cramps - like upset tummy ache cramps with some back pain waves. Been having them since 3ish. I've dozed for a bit and they ease. I don't normally have period pain cramps, so the sensation makes me wonder if this might be my body properly warming up. I'm going to grab something to eat shortly to see how that makes me feel. My son is already awake and scrambling over my tummy which really helps. :dohh:

Me and my family all predicted what day I'd go into labour . Today is the day I predicted ... Booooo nothing yet . 8 days left I was so convinced I'd go early with this one but now I think I'll go over .
I know it's only a matter of time but I'm so cheesed of and uncomftable .
Iv walked . Iv had sex . Iv had raspberry tea leaf . Iv bounced this blimin ball so much .
Today I'm gonna decorate :) and sort house out some more . Do some on one shopping . The days not over I may still win the bet haha

All gone by the time the alarm went off! Going back to bed now DS is at nursery. Got some catching up to do.

Aw noshowjo, today is also the day I predicted for me to have baby 😀 had a bad nights sleep as had lower back pains all night and my daughter woke at 4am and didn't want to go back to sleep. Been getting some strong cramps today, not sure if they're Braxton Hicks or what? Also had a couple of trickles of watery discharge again which I've not had for a few days so hoping something my be happening. These cramps aren't that regular at the moment though but shall see what happens.

I'm in the single digits now! Wooo :) Counting down the days to my due date :)
.. And I'm also feeling sorry for all you ladies that are overdue.. I'm dreading going overdue. Getting a friend to lend me their gym ball so I can start bouncing, it may be too late to start now but I guess every little helps :)

Sunseal, I have had my ball blown up for ages but I never get the chance tkobounce on it! My daughters fight over it so I need to hide it during the day and im always too busy or tired once they go to bed to use it haha. It makes a good foot stool whilst im eating my dinner though!

Nothing here, not thay I was expecting anything. I walk all bloomin' day and nada! Lol. Have a sweep on tuesday as well as another scan/nst so im hoping theg will give me an induction date but I cant see them doing it as I will only be 40+2. Want this baby to come before the 19th because my.mum is off all of next week so it would make things alot easier haha!

What are you ladies doing to pass the time?

Sunseal, I have had my ball blown up for ages but I never get the chance tkobounce on it! My daughters fight over it so I need to hide it during the day and im always too busy or tired once they go to bed to use it haha. It makes a good foot stool whilst im eating my dinner though!

Nothing here, not thay I was expecting anything. I walk all bloomin' day and nada! Lol. Have a sweep on tuesday as well as another scan/nst so im hoping theg will give me an induction date but I cant see them doing it as I will only be 40+2. Want this baby to come before the 19th because my.mum is off all of next week so it would make things alot easier haha!

What are you ladies doing to pass the time?
#

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! Going for walks with my son... and baking :)

This morning I have noticed my hands are a tad swollen.. especially the knuckles, and when I make them into fists it feels like the skin is tight. I'm guessing at almost 39 weeks a bit of swelling is normal though?

I have participated much in this thread but I've been reading it! I'm due the 20th (or 17th by LMP). I've been having regular contractions since yesterday so we'll see what happens! Getting checked this morning.

This morning I have noticed my hands are a tad swollen.. especially the knuckles, and when I make them into fists it feels like the skin is tight. I'm guessing at almost 39 weeks a bit of swelling is normal though?

My hands have been a little swollen in the knuckles and felt sore and tight for a couple weeks now. It's only really in the morning, after a while (I'm not sure how long, but not long) they stop hurting. My OB didn't say anything about it so I guess it's fine! As long as it's not a lot of very sudden puffiness, I think it's fine.

Sunseal as long as you're not having headaches, vision problems or pain then the swelling is normal. Last time in the final few weeks my legs swelled like an elephant's! If you have an appt coming up or you need reassurance call your mw and ask to have your urine tested for proteins. Yay for single digits! Me too!

Ameliare - good luck for today Hun! Keep us posted.

MrsMurphy - I have borrowed a birthing ball. First time I never blew mine up and I've now lost it! I did use my mums exercise ball a lot for BH pain. My friends ball is now sitting in my bedroom and I used it for all of 10mins!!

Emzy - sounds like we had near identical nights both with the cramps and our toddlers! Do you think they might know something we don't?

AFM - I've just woken up and the cramping feeling has slightly returned. The weather looks glorious outside and I have a few errands to run - chemist, post office etc. so I'm going to get ready and get out. See if we can turn them into something real. I've also remembered that my mum had tons of false alarms with me. She said that on the last go she made herself eat a couple of light snacks and she reckons they gave her the energy, and that's what made the contractions keep going. Going to take some snacks and buy an isotonic drink while I'm out just in case!

My family have also predicted this weekend. My dad flies in from Asia tonight and it would be amazing for him to land and hear his grandchild is on the way. This wkend is convenient for everything childcare wise and I had DS at exactly 39+0 (Sun) so no pressure Baby Nic!! :)

Depending on what calculator I use my EDD is today/tomorrow. Still not much in the way of progression. At least I'll get to see the Lil' Miss Bean on ultrasound this afternoon for our weekly check-in.

:haha: Oh can I relate! My little boy always fusses when I use my exercise ball to a point that we've had to hide it.

Kern, glad to hear everything is ok! Scary when stuff likes that happens.

I've been passing the time by doing lots of cleaning too and sterilizing everything now so it's ready to go (but boy do I hate my breast pump, lol! Just seeing the parts made me cringe a little...).

I am 39 weeks today and this was the same gestation I went into labour with my son. So far NO signs but I was happy to hear from my doctor yesterday that he is in the "optimal birth position". Really hope this means I won't have the same level of back labour I experienced last time.

That's great news Paris! I got told the same at my appointment so maybe last week the babies were on their move round.

Nothing more came from the cramps. Weathers turned horrid with a thunderstorm that's given me a massive headache. I'm so tired even with my nap, so I'm off to bed. I should really bounce on the ball or something but im just too zonked. No doubt I'll be awake 5 times through the night again like I have been for the best part of a fortnight!

I had another bad false alarm before and ended up ringing the hospital 'cause I was in such bad pain, and it was kinda peaking every now and then so thought I was having contractions, but also didn't know why I was getting the constant pain and was a bit concerned. The midwife said the constant cramps (like what it seems like you ladies have been having) will be the baby getting into position :thumbup:

Honestly don't know how more 'in position' this baby can get! :haha: Don't remember any of this first time around.

How d'you mean? D'you mean 'cause (s)he's fully engaged? Or have you had an internal and been told that (s)he's low down..?

I always kinda thought that because my baby was engaged and "in a good position" from early on that I wouldn't have any problems with the baby being too high for a sweep or whatever, but that's exactly what happened! Baby has been engaged since my 36 week appointment and they said at 40 weeks that they could hardly feel any more of her head (so I assume pretty much fully engaged..) yet she's still high up! I don't really understand it to be honest 'cause if she's fully engaged - especially with all these pains I've been having for weeks - you'd think she'd be pushing down on the cervix/getting things moving? I'm just hoping that's what she's been up to over the last few days!!

This ones fully engaged and I get pressure on my cervix and tailbone nearly all day. At the last appointment I didn't have an internal, but I had static growth and my mw believes baby is very low in my pelvis and that's why I haven't 'grown' in two weeks. I can feel baby squirming on my cervix with it's head. Very peculiar feeling!

NotNic, it's good that your baby is fully engaged-that's promising! I think mine's still floating around :wacko:

AK89, sounds like you are having a rough time with conflicting symptoms. Really hope things get going for you very soon and baby decides to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->