October Bumps

Lau88, good luck!! You will have your sweet baby tomorrow! Hope all goes well (im sure it will!)

Nothing happening here. Cleaned the bathroom last night and I have decided that I'm going to do the kitchen tonight!
Suppised to have a consultant appointment tomorrow but am going to cancel and just get a regular midwife appointment for wednesday (I hope!)

Crazy to think my due date is in one week!!

Anyone else had their bloody show? I just had mine after an internal examination (although it wasn't a cervix check so far as I'm aware, it was just to check for discharge/waters/infection) and am a FTM so am frantically trying to gather evidence as to whether it means labour is in the near future!!

Anyone else had their bloody show? I just had mine after an internal examination (although it wasn't a cervix check so far as I'm aware, it was just to check for discharge/waters/infection) and am a FTM so am frantically trying to gather evidence as to whether it means labour is in the near future!!

I didn't have a bloody show with my first until I was in the middle of my induction and even then it didn't seem like much. Sorry I don't have any advice, but I have my fingers crossed it means that baby time is just around the corner!!

Thanks, me too! I'm bouncing on my ball, eating pineapple!

Not yet. I think most people have one between a couple of days before labour and early labour. Good sign for you!

Good luck Lau. Baby Nic is also nameless and yellow. Don't even have any real suggestions! I am hoping that baby will 'look' like a name and inspire me!

AFM today I have had regular BH since about midday. Not regular that I've been measuring them but that they have continued through the afternoon. From about 4pm they have been noticeable (I don't tend to feel BHs) and I've felt pressure on my tailbone. Not convinced its labour though. My first labour was not like this and things aren't moving quickly and no other signs like a show. Having a bath and an early night just in case its baby day tomorrow.

Lau88 good luck, looking forward to an update! :)

Still pregnant. I don't feel as leaky today so I never called and am convinced it was all in my head. Boo. Went for a long walk and he was definitely bumping pretty low, took my breath away. Now I have a backache.

So ready to have him!

I'm due in October!! My Dr is giving me until the 16th to have thus little one other wise I have to have a repeat csection.

Welcome Maybe! AFM - I'm still here :) Had odd pains throughout the night but feel okay now. Looks like I'll be hanging around for a bit longer!

I'm due in October!! My Dr is giving me until the 16th to have thus little one other wise I have to have a repeat csection.

Welcome!
I'm going for a VBAC too (guessing that's what you're doing judging by your post!)
Hope your little one comes before the 16th so you don't need a repeat section :)

Oh ladies what an evening I had . Spent the night on labour and delivery as I have pleurisy and I'm so unbelievably I'll . And when coughing so bad I had a gush of fluid . I kinda knew it was just wee but rang and as I was coughing and chocking down the phone they told me to come in . They tuck me on the monitor and baby was fine . But they was concerned that I was so week .
They gave fluids and got me feeling better and sent me home . They checked to see if it was my waters but of course it wasn't whilst looking with a specula I felt loads of pressure . Hopefully poking and prodding will get things moving .
But on the other hand maybe her staying inside for a bit May be better as I'm so weak to look after her .

Oh no!! Hope you feel better soon 😞 you poor thing that sounds awful.

I have a scan soon to check fluids as have been having lots of gushes, although I think it may just be a lot of discharge they want to check to be sure.

Eek noshowjo sorry you had a bad night :(
Hopefully you will start feeling better soon, what a terrible thing to be having to deal with at this stage of pregnancy!

Aww no sounds like a rough night! Hope you're feeling better soon...

I'm feeling a bit crap myself today.. Woke up with ear-ache and a sniffly nose and an achy chest. Better not be coming down with something... I've managed to go this whole 9 months with not so much as a cold so if I get ill on my due date I will NOT be happy!

On the other hand, I've heard a few ladies say they felt a bit under the weather just before they went into labour??

Yep that be good if this feeling was just a sign of labour hehe . I can wait till November when baby born . I'm better . And it's all about getting healthy and fit and enjoying my daughter .

I'm watching tv today and being lazy until my midwife appointment later . :)

Good luck to everyone having appointments today. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Noshow, sorry you had a rough night! Hope you are feeling better soon :flower:

Emzy, fingers crossed its your waters, even though you dont think it is!

I have had the cold for the last few days but it doesnt seem to be a bad one like I usually get, thankfully!

I went to my consultant app this morning and am still measuring 3wks ahead. Have to go for a scan and ctg on wednesday and if they have any concerns at all, they will induce me asap. Allbeing well, I will have another scan the following wednesday and will be given an induction date for shortly after. They have guaranteed that I wont go near 12 days overdue like I did with both girls. They wont allow it because of my polyhydramnios, but doctor doesnt want to induce too early. Hopefully will get a date for the second half of next week!

I'm back from my scan, the trickles isn't my waters, just lots of discharge (nice). In fact I have more fluid than usual but they're not too concerned. However baby is measuring at a whopping 8lbs2 already 😬 much bigger than expected as my daughter was only 6lbs14. Hoping he's out sooner rather than later as I don't know if I could cope giving birth to a baby much bigger than that. I'm only small.

Lil' Miss Bean scanned at 7 lbs +/- 18 oz. So still on the small side but growing and healthy....and showing no signs of leaving her comfy womb. I'm starting to transition into getting used to being this pregnant. :coffee:

Still uncomfortable. Still fragmented sleep. But I am feeling pulses of energy and getting things done. The best days are the ones where I don't swell too badly.

Now I'm worrying about after maternity leave, daycare, basic baby care etc. Always something to fret about.

I hear heavier babies put better pressure on the cervix so dilation is easier Emzy :thumbsup: Its good news it's not your waters though Emzy as that gives you more chance to avoid an induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->