October Bumps

Sounds like some babies are getting ready to make an appearance quite soon! Im pretty sure mine is still floating around in there, not even thinking about getting low down lol.

I have the most horrendous pain right at the bottom of my pubic bone, only the left side but it is so sore! I can barely walk lol. Never had any problems like this with the other two but these days I feel like a little old lady hah!

I dont have a problem keeping busy pmsl. My two make sure of that! Dd1 is at nursery mon-fri 8.45-11.55 and I take dd2 to toddlers etc every day. In the afternoons, we go for walks/park/shops etc.
Going to pack babys hospital bag tonight too :)

I'll be having a c section next week, the week after is dds 3rd birthday and now oh is on about having a party. Apparently its not a stupid idea...i think differently a couple days after a section a 3 year olds party is not my idea of fun.

That sounds like a very silly idea ^^ Honestly my OH decided we should throw a party for DS 5 days after we returned from hols and that was stressful enough!

I know hes so irritating lately. He seems to think nothing will change and ill still be running around as normal.

I think my husband is in denial about how much life will change after Lil' Miss Bean arrives. Intellectually he understands about the feeding, changing and my need to recover from labor and learn to breastfeed. But practically, I'm not sure he gets it.

He hasn't planned any parties but wants to replace two of the exterior doors including cutting a hole in the garage and extending a wall in the living room. He's got tons of household projects he wants to get done as well as starting batches of mead and rosehip jelly.

I've made him aware that while he's at home on leave, I won't be cleaning or cooking or taking care of the pets (although I might walk the dog when I feel up to it). I don't think he realizes how much I do normally and won't be doing because of lack of sleep, getting to know the little one and recovering.

I want him to have bonding time too and will need his help taking care of LO because we are in this together.

Nikko is this your first? My oh is the same really, I do everything for my lo and always have so oh thinks hes going to just get the fun bits and cuddles again. Seriously not happening. Part of me is dreading it all because as much as I've told him things are going to be different this time around last time there was a lot of issues with the in laws I can see cropping up again, probably worse than before.

Had my 39wk check up, two days before due date. Still not dilated at all. I'm going to be pregnant forever. :nope:

I think the floor scrubbing on my hands and knees may have done some good....
https://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j336/caw2009/PhotoGrid_1412265006510.jpg

What do you think? Has he dropped any?

Had my 39wk check up, two days before due date. Still not dilated at all. I'm going to be pregnant forever. :nope:

I have my 39 week check on Wednesday, and I feel I will be the same..
Also, everyone says first babies come late.. so I have a feeling mine might.. :/ I just want him to be on time! LoL.

I think my husband is in denial about how much life will change after Lil' Miss Bean arrives. Intellectually he understands about the feeding, changing and my need to recover from labor and learn to breastfeed. But practically, I'm not sure he gets it.

He hasn't planned any parties but wants to replace two of the exterior doors including cutting a hole in the garage and extending a wall in the living room. He's got tons of household projects he wants to get done as well as starting batches of mead and rosehip jelly.

I've made him aware that while he's at home on leave, I won't be cleaning or cooking or taking care of the pets (although I might walk the dog when I feel up to it). I don't think he realizes how much I do normally and won't be doing because of lack of sleep, getting to know the little one and recovering.

I want him to have bonding time too and will need his help taking care of LO because we are in this together.

This totally sounds like my husband :haha: When I brought my son home he started doing projects around the house (big projects like cutting down trees in our yard!) and I found it SO lonely as I wasn't confidant yet with my baby and really felt like I needed both physical and emotional support from him. Probably a bit of baby blues at play too! I've learnt my lesson and will ask for more help this time. I agree that you should make it clear that no big projects take place if you aren't comfortable with the idea. That stuff can wait!

Also, the best thing my family did for me was make a dinner for us, drop it off and leave when we got home from the hospital. It allowed us some space without having to cook and we really appreciated it.

I'm going to be that annoying person and say that whilst you feel you're going to be pregnant forever you won't be :hugs: it just feels like it because of the excitement. I kind of wish we weren't given EDDs but just a rough month because it causes so much anxiety!

I was induced with DD after going 12 days late and whilst it was crappy waiting that long when she was born I often wished I could put her back in so I could get a rest :rofl:

Ahhhh, I know the grass may not be greener but I can't wait to have my body back, meet my little one, and not waste my maternity leave away. And get labor over with. Hehe

After my walk last night, I had contractions for over an hour at 6 to 10 minutes apart! Went to bed and they totally stopped. Had nothing today, but at least maybe it will help get things moving... how are you ladies today?

It looks like some of us will be here a little longer after all. Zeri last time did you lose your plug before so you had that clue. I know that first time id lost bits of a it but can't remember if I had a show. Mine started with hind waters leaking the day before and then front ones popping 15mins before contractions started. In a way I'm similar to you because I don't really know what to expect from a labour that doesn't start that way. I did a super amount of cleaning yesterday and through the night I've woken a few times with a dull pain around my tailbone but that's probably from the work yesterday!

Caitlyn - I know how you feel. After my 36wk appt last wk I got very excited by my mw telling me that she doesn't think I'll go to term and then equally scared that I'm not ready housewise!

My labour started with light BH contractions on the Saturday morning into the Sunday night - and then early Sunday morning I lost my mucus plug (with blood). So I didn't lose it till I was in early labour. DD was born a day after.

Caitlyn - it does look like you dropped a bit.

Kern - I had that feeling yesterday too. Cervix closed at 38 weeks - baby still high. I expected some more progress by now. Is this your first baby? Looks like you might be a bit overdue - hopefully not by too much, though.

jamesmomma - false labour, I guess? Hopefully the walk does get things moving down there, though.

Nothing new for me today (not that I expected much after yesterday's apt)- still feeling pretty much the same. Just working on things I need to get done.

I have been having lots of pressure, back ache, and contractions also losing my plug like crazy. Not going to get excited until these contractions are timable ...

I have been having lots of pressure, back ache, and contractions also losing my plug like crazy. Not going to get excited until these contractions are timable ...

Sounds hopeful! Hope things progress for you and this is the start :D

I've had some more contractions this evening, did get a little painful but seem to be fizzling out now 😔 damn it! I keep thinking come on progress and then they don't. So frustrating. Anyone know if baby being posterior can cause this to happen? He's fully engaged, lost my mucus plug a couple of days ago, just keep getting stop start contractions.

Does anyone know how you can tell if baby is anterior or posterior by palpating your belly? Right now it feels like bum is slightly to the left of my navel and feet are poking out on my far right side.

I had a posterior baby last time and the most horrendous back labour...really don't want to experience that again.

I just lost quite a lot of what I think is my mucus plug! It was like clear/yellowish and kinda snot/jelly-like! (Mmmm! :winkwink:) I've been getting on and off period-like pains and back ache and irregular tightenings over the past week or so. Hope she's on her way in the not too distant future!

I've also been losing quite a lot of fluid over the past few days too, always feel wet! I've had to change my pantyliner like 6 times in the past 2 days. And it doesn't really feel like discharge..it's just...wet. I rang the midwife about it thought and she said 'cause of a few other symptoms I've been having it sounds like thrush, and to just go and get myself a pessary and see how I go on and ring back if I'm still concerned.. Oh the joys of pregnancy...I'm so uncomfortable down there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->