October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

Well it's midnight so .......

Happy due date to me & my little lady!!!
Time to come and see the big wide world little one xx

My bundle of joy has arrived!

John Francesco 7lb. 12.5oz 21inches at 9:31am on 10/17/2011 via c-section

We are SO in love!

Congrats Gina!!!!

As for tiredness, it seems to vary from one person to another, but I do find I feel sooooooooo much worse if I'm doing sweet-stuff-all. I feel tired and crappy, emotionally I turn into a total wreak and want this baby out NOW. Basically I've had this feeling every weekend for the past month, where by sunday I'm just totally and utterly OVER it all! I want to curl up and go to sleep until I give birth. lol!! But during the week I'm back at work (yes, I'm 5 days over due and still working full time; I'm lucky to own a business that I've set up to keep going when I need to stop, which means I can simply keep going until I want to stop going!) and while monday morning is an utter drag while I'm wallowing in my self-pity from the weekend, by wednesday I'm feeling good, and by friday I'm positively glowing and rearing to go again! My job is a physically demanding job too, so basically my suggestion if your'e feeling like CRAP and really tired and horrible, is to try and get out and do something. Especially if you're not working any more! I know it feels sooooo counter-productive to go out for a walk when you're tired and crappy (which is how I feel every monday morning) but do it anyway! The more you can get out and do something (within reason! Don't go and run a marathon like that lady in the news did... lmao!) the better you'll feel. And this is coming from a plus-sized exercise hater! LOL!

Congrats Gina :baby:

Happy D'Day mummy2tylerxx:happydance:

My mum is over today :wacko: she can see 'any twinges?' for herself.
I have a feeling she's going to stress me out. I've had a really chilled few days but I can already hear her...'you should sit forward so baby has the angle to engage'. You try & bloody sit forward 24hrs a day with sciatica & an enormous baby growing out front. Oh the joys!:growlmad:

Hmmm...just realised. My midwife booked me in for a sweep at 41wks & told me they will then book my induction when I'm 12days overdue.

Well...I've just looked at my notes & the sweep date is 4th Nov. I'll be 41+4 (11days overdue) - what's the bloody point?!
I don't even know if I'm dilated - should I be moaning to them?
When we're you ladies offered a sweep & checked down below?

Daisydust, im having a sweep next wednesday which is 40+2. But from what i can make out, thats quite early. My midwife is just realy nice and said she won't make me wait until 41 weeks. Its definitely worth asking for one earlier!!

Happy due date mummytotyler, 5 days to go for me!

If I was you I'd ring and change the apt!

I had a hospital apt this morning to check LO position as I had a successful ECV and they like to make sure baby stays that way. Anyway she's still head down and I'm now 3/5 engaged and fixed ( whatever that means!! lol)

While at the hospital they gave me my induction date should the little monkey stay put. Monday 31st October I'll be going in if she's not here beforehand. I'll be 41+3 then. I've just booked a stretch and sweep with my midwife for next week at 40+4. The consultant recommended I drank lots of RLT to soften my cervix and in her own words she told me to " Use my partner!!" Ooooh I did laugh out loud and had to confess to her that I nearly wet myself with laughter!

The sun is shining, I'm happy and I'm going to make the most of the last 12 days of pregnancy I have left. If she comes before it'll be a massive bonus :)

congratulations phantom. been trying to keep up with the oct mommies. had my little one Georgia on sat 11.37am. i got to the hospital after 9 and she was here 2 hours later. i used just gas and air and laboured for a total of 8 hours.

thanks for the comapny and conversation from you guys. I'll hang around for a while and watch all your updates.

Hey ladies, as a lot of you know I went in for my induction on Wednesday. I had my little boy on Thursday. Can't believe he's already five days old. I posted my birth story in the birth stories section, so go check it out for more details. As far as baby goes, he weighed 8lbs 14ozs, was 20.5 inches long, his head circ. was 37cms and his chest was 37.5cms. He had to be taken by forceps in the end because he was to big for me to push out by myself. thank heaven for the week early induction or I'd be facing a c-section tomorrow.

My Parenting Journal (If you wanna stalk :) )

xx ladies and best wishes on the arrivals of your little ones!

Hey Phantom!! So glad to see your delivery went well and that you and LO are doing well. Have been following your pregnancy and was looking for a post from you. Congrats!!

thanks dar :) we're both, fine and i'm recovering from everything better than I expected. It was a little touch and go at first, they kept me an extra day because I lost SOOO much blood, but now am on iron and pain meds and loving life with my little guy :)

Congratulations veebot!!
Nothing happening here, although I am SO over being sick!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->