October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

As much as i'd love baby to arrive sooner rather than later, i agree, there is far too much medical intervention. I am booked in to have a sweep the day after my scan due date which is actually 5 days after my lmp due date (and i am sure of my dates) but unless there is something wrong, i won't have any other form of induction. I am worried about the baby being a whopper though as my OH's side of the family all had big baby's. My midwife isn't planning on inducing me till 43 weeks anyway so i don't have to worry about it for a while :) xx

Howcomes they make you wait till 43weeks hun x

I was given the choice in the long run, but basically told since by baby was so big the longer I waited there would be a higher risk of c-section anyways. So I did choose to be induced where I still had the chance to have a vaginal delivery.

For me, it was probably wise, as if he stayed in there any longer it would have been a definate c-section as i ripped and he could still barely get out. O.O

However--- I do wonder if everything would have went a lot smoother, induciton free. Pitocin was awful, my contractions were constant and my epidural had to be started at 3cms, so by the time it was time to deliver my body was no longer responding to the epidural, I felt it all anyways, and I was wore out.

Induction doesn't make me near as angry as requested c-sections. I mean, if you've had a previous one and HAVE to, or medically it's wiser, than yes. But it seems a lot of girls (in the US at least) are being allowed to schedule c-sections because they are afraid of a vaginal birth. THAT ticks me off. Having a major surgery because your nervous is not a good reason.

Reading all this has gave me something to think about. Due to be induced on Wednesday at 5pm so will hopefully give birth on Thursday or Friday when I'll either be 13 or 14 days overdue. I'm pretty certain that my dates are out by 2 days, I think due date should have been the 16th instead of the 14th. I was initially the 16th but 12 week scan changed this to the 14th. Should I be asking them not to induce me? I really need to go away and read up on this.

I agree with phantom, I had to have an emergency section and the whole thing was terrible. The recovery has been awful :(

Well today is my due date and it appears i will also be going overdue, unless something starts really quickly.
I officially have a scorpio baby boy! DH is a scorpio too. Its his birthday on friday and he REALLY doesnt want him to come then, but i think it would be amazing. Its DH's 30th, so they could share all their milestone birthdays together.

Ahh that would be nice for them to share bdays. He'll have to take a back seat anyway after his 30th - they aren't so important.

Just got back from the Drs...pissed off AGAIN with my midwife. Not only has she not booked me in to see her again until I'm almost 42 weeks which the dr considered ridiculous, she didn't think my complaints of chest & shoulder pain at 38 weeks & higher blood pressure warranted concern.

The dr today said I have even higher blood pressure & have to go back tomorrow. If its not dropped i must go straight in for Pre-eclampsia tests & as I'm 40wks probable delivery.

Thanks a bunch midwife!!
Totally worried now at every twinge.

What a terrible midwife! I would write a letter of complaint. I hope its not pre eclampsia and you dont have to be induced xxx

Happy due date mrs turner xx

Daisy- What!! ... I really hope its not PE xx

officially overdue! i was sure this baby was going to be on time since my son was only 6 hours past his due date, oh well! i dont even have any sort of signs/ twinges so im guessing ill prob see my midwife on thurs :0(

Thanks girls :hugs:

Lovely midwife, but really no concern this whole pregnancy. Thank god she is lazy & sends me to the GP instead of seeing me herself. She's not around now so I'll get an app at the hospital at 41wks instead if I am able to wait & not get referred tomorrow.

Reading all this has gave me something to think about. Due to be induced on Wednesday at 5pm so will hopefully give birth on Thursday or Friday when I'll either be 13 or 14 days overdue. I'm pretty certain that my dates are out by 2 days, I think due date should have been the 16th instead of the 14th. I was initially the 16th but 12 week scan changed this to the 14th. Should I be asking them not to induce me? I really need to go away and read up on this.

I would avoid induction at all costs. Pitocin causes a chain reaction as I stated. Epidurals are basically inevitable (you are forcing your body to do something it isn't ready to do, of course it will hurt a million times more than a natral labour process!) and once you have an epidural the odds of needing some other intervention (forceps, csection) goes up fifty percent.

Women can birth big babies. Women CAN! I hate that we are taught to distrust our bodies so much, we are told by medical professionals that we can't. It is ridiculous.

Quick update on me: my yellow bump turned pink yesterday at 12:05pm! Ms. Ella was born at 8lbs 1oz. Complicated delivery as baby never moved out of occiput posterior position but I am still in the hospital so I will update soon with a full birth story. Lots of loved to my waiting October girls!

Oh woohoo on a baby GIRL!!!! Yay!!!

Lisa1981, it really is a personal decision, and don't let anyone force you in to anything you don't want!!! I am personally against inducing without a good reason, but that is MY decision! Don't let us scare you, cos if what you want is to be induced, then good for you; it is YOUR experience, not ours! Which I also think with elective CS. Yes I think it's a bit weird if someone has no reason to need one but still wants one, but hey, that's their choice! It's when they are pressured into it, or even out of it, by others (be it a midwife or doctor, or simply peer pressure) that I hate it.

Do your research and make your own decisions; there are risks BOTH ways, and you have to be comfortable with the risks of waiting if that's what you choose to do!!!

DaisyDust! Eep! That midwife sounds terrible...! I don't know what it's like over there, but over here you have the full rights to change your midwife at ANY stage if you're not happy with her. I know you're due now so probably no point though! Ugh. One of the reasons I went with my midwife was because one of the first things she explained to me is that I am allowed to change to someone else, even if I'm a week away from popping! If I want someone else, I can change, and it's totally up to me and me being happy and comfortable!

AFM, I'm 11 days over now and still feeling totally fine. I had a BIG glob of mucus this morning, though it was very pale with only a tinge of brown through it, it still had *some* colour (rather than the yellow/white stuff I've been getting for months) and it was a fair chunk of it with pale brown streaked right through it, so lets hope things are happening in there and it won't be too far away now! lol!

In the mean time, I'm off to work! :) Good luck ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->