October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

I was given the choice in the long run, but basically told since by baby was so big the longer I waited there would be a higher risk of c-section anyways. So I did choose to be induced where I still had the chance to have a vaginal delivery.

For me, it was probably wise, as if he stayed in there any longer it would have been a definate c-section as i ripped and he could still barely get out. O.O

However--- I do wonder if everything would have went a lot smoother, induciton free. Pitocin was awful, my contractions were constant and my epidural had to be started at 3cms, so by the time it was time to deliver my body was no longer responding to the epidural, I felt it all anyways, and I was wore out.

Induction doesn't make me near as angry as requested c-sections. I mean, if you've had a previous one and HAVE to, or medically it's wiser, than yes. But it seems a lot of girls (in the US at least) are being allowed to schedule c-sections because they are afraid of a vaginal birth. THAT ticks me off. Having a major surgery because your nervous is not a good reason.

Looking back on the recent delivery of my daughter...I often wonder if things would have been different if I had just left her alone and let her come naturally like my first child. I know that my induction led to my emergency c-section. A c-section was not what I wanted but I am just so grateful that LO and I are okay considering the fact that she got stuck sideways during my attempt for vaginal delivery. I definitely wished that I had took the danger of a c-section more serious. I may have done things differently.

Saw my midwife today, and GOOD NEWS!!!! My cervix is VERY soft, the outer part of my cervix is dilated as far as 4-5 cm and the inner part was 1 cm, though she was able to stretch it to 2! she said things are definitely happening, as only two weeks ago my cervix was very unfavourable (posterier and closed). I think the baby will be here before next weeks booked appointment!

I give full credit onthe softness to all the sex I have had daily, LOL. I am so happy though. Had a bit of pink discharge as well.

Ooo things could happen alot sooner than next week !!!

We will see... But it is exciting! Even if I do go to my due date, oh well! I think once I am in labour, the process will be quick. EEEEP!!

Deffo exciting!!! ..... cant wait to hear how things go for you! x

No nothing :( shes being a diva .... wants to be fashionably late!!
I thought something would of happend after the bloody show but obvs not :(

Im meant to be getting a sweep either thurs or friday... Hoping she comes on her own before then though .... Keeping up the ball bouncing and daily walking x

Congrats Katie.

Well I feel like my decision about induction has been taken out of my hands. Had a strange turn this afternoon whilst shopping, flashing lights and blurred vision and narrowly avoided passing out. Phoned midwife and she wanted me to come in to get monitored so spent tonight in hospital getting baby monitored and also getting blood tests and blood pressure monitored. They are concerned due to high blood pressure and risks of pre eclampsia so have kept me in overnight to monitor and then induce baby tomorrow. I'm not going to argue as I was really scared earlier and the thought of going home and having it happen again scares me especially as we're so far away fro
Hospital and I've got other medical issues (blood disorder) Kinda disappointed that it's came to this but can't be helped. Lx

Congratulations on your baby girl Katie!!
Lisa, we might be induction buddies :happydance: I am going in either tomorrow morning or Thursday.
Good luck! :flower:

Lisa, don't be disheartened, yours and your babys health are TOTALLY the priority!!! Yes all the talk of avoiding induction if possible doesn't help, but truely, if there is such a risk to keeping baby on board for any longer then definitely inducing should be seriously considered! You will get to see your baby soon; focus on that and not on the whole thing being taken out of your hands!!!! :hugs:

I'm still waiting... been a bit crampy at work today though, so lets hope that's something starting to happen down there! Had more faintly-tinged mucus today a few times now, so it's all good signs... now hurry up baby and get going! lol

Good luck induction ladies! Im now officially overdue :( Typical boy being lazy!

Got a sweep tomorrow if nothing happens today, so fingers crossed that does the trick!

Congrat's to all the new mum's! Hope you're all getting a few zzz's...

Hope everyone else still awaiting the arrival of their LO's ~ Sending you all positive labour vibes!

Lisa, yr not on yr own - I've got an induction booked for tomorrow...gutted!

Yesterday i had high blood pressure, today it was even higher. Got sent for blood tests & baby was monitored. Everything came back fine except my BP doesn't want to drop so I was given a sweep (yuk!) & if nothing starts tonight then I go in tomorrow.
I didnt realise I would be going in so late either. About 6pm, OH will be sent home at 10pm unless I reach 4cms.

I wanted my little girl to choose her own bday :sad1:

Hi girlies, just a quick one to say my little boy arrived on the 15th October! Traumatic birth and not yet discharged from the midwife care, but am home and happy with our darling baby. Good luck everyone! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->