October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

Congrats maybabydoll!!! We stay under our midwife until 6 weeks after the birth here anyway, so I'm glad you've still got your midwife caring for you guys! I hope it's all ok.... !! :)

I'm 12 days over now, still no signs to speak of.

Good luck induction ladies! Im now officially overdue :( Typical boy being lazy!

Got a sweep tomorrow if nothing happens today, so fingers crossed that does the trick!

I got told they won't do a sweep until I am 40+10 as they prefer it to happen naturally and reduce infection risk :(
I am really annoyed, so tempted to find a private midwife to do one.

Good luck induction ladies! Im now officially overdue :( Typical boy being lazy!

Got a sweep tomorrow if nothing happens today, so fingers crossed that does the trick!

I got told they won't do a sweep until I am 40+10 as they prefer it to happen naturally and reduce infection risk :(
I am really annoyed, so tempted to find a private midwife to do one.

Apparently, with yor 1st you get one at 40 weeks and 41, but subsequent babies only get a sweep at 41 weeks. Im not sure why. Im assured there is no risk of infection. Im actually really nervous about it. Im not sure whether its because it might hurt, or that i might actually go into labour today!

Mrs turner - Both are good reasons to be nervous hehe but your gonna be fine and im gonna keep my fingers crossed it works!
Mine is HOPEFULLY Tomorrow if the MW ever rings to arrange it!!!

Mummy - hopefully we will both have babies on the same day!

Really hope so hun!!! :)

Make sure you pop in and tell us how it went :) .... Dont worry about it hurting, its 50/50 i guess, some people it hurts, some it doesnt...... but it doesnt last long xx

Just wanted to pop in and wish all you ladies still waiting lots of luck, and congrats to the new mummys

I didn't find the sweep painful or uncomfortable. The insertion of the MW fingers hurt the most, whole circulating motion was fine.

Fairy has come to sprinkle luck! :dust:

Apparently, with yor 1st you get one at 40 weeks and 41, but subsequent babies only get a sweep at 41 weeks. Im not sure why. Im assured there is no risk of infection. Im actually really nervous about it. Im not sure whether its because it might hurt, or that i might actually go into labour today![/QUOTE]

that's what my midwife told me too although i got a sweep on my due date with my 3rd (it didn't hurt at all and was no more uncomfortable than a smear) and i went into labour that night. Midwife has agreed (with a bit of pressure) to give me a sweep at my next appointment when i'll be 40 weeks and 2 days so i think it's kinda at their discretion. xx

Mrs turner - Both are good reasons to be nervous hehe but your gonna be fine and im gonna keep my fingers crossed it works!
Mine is HOPEFULLY Tomorrow if the MW ever rings to arrange it!!!

kerri are you going to ring the midwife today if you dont here from her? i dont think mine has done anything (still got fingers crossed though) as no spotting, show or any real pain :( just a bit achy last night.Mine was uncomfortable and she apoligised but that only because it was so posterior, she needed to push, bend to reach it ! but i have my 2nd sweep tommorrow, so we shall see if there has been any changes.

Congratulations to the new mummy's

For those who have had more than 1 sweep was there any change in position of cervix or thickness from having the first and having the second sweep.
xx

Im getting pissed off because im doing all the running around trying to organise my own sweep!!

My MW told me i WILL have an appointment on thursday (tomorrow) .... with another MW as my usual one is on holiday now, I was told i will get a call with a time.
So far no call, Im having to phone round surgeries trying to get in touch with this MW to try and arrange a time so i know when to get my OH to come out of work to take me.
Talk about un organised!!! Its a joke.
I swear if she hasnt called me by tomorrow dinnertime im going to the hospital and demanding some Midwife care at the day assessment unit !!!!

oops wrong thread, sorry ladies ment to post it in overdue crew!
xx

I've just had my sweep. It didnt hurt, it just felt like really rough fingering!! lol

But i came out feeling quite positive, as i am 2-3cm dilated!! However, my cervix is still high and thick, but soft. She said she is hopeful the sweep does the trick, but no guarentees! She is coming to my house on monday to do another sweep if this doesnt work and to book in my induction which will be no later than 5th Nov!

Eeek Mrs Turner i saw this on the facebook page!! :) 2-3 Is fab and i deffo think you will have a good chance of it working .... fingers crossed!

Thanks mummy, im quite excited, but i dont want to get my hopes up just in case! Im bouncing on my ball and going for a brisk walk to see if it brings it on!! Fingers crossed.
Hopefully, your sweep will be productive tomorrow!

Thought I'd share a few piccies :) Excuse the water marks, haven't got the actual copies in, as these were just taken yesterday.

1.jpg 5.jpg

8.jpg 9.jpg

10.jpg

I'm only 1 day overdue but I'm getting fed up now :(

I just want to meet my little man. I've been walking miles the last few days and bouncing on my ball........

Getting a few pains but nothing really. Having a sweep tomorrow and I really hope it can get things moving?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->