October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

Quite sure this may be it. It hurts quite a lot... But no bloody show or anything.

hot tea fingers crossed!!!

mrsturner oh nooo i so thought your sweep would work!!!! still time yet they say 48hrs x

I have been timing them and they are five mins apart exactly. Last one was three minutes. I dont know what to do with myself as it is near four in the morning and its a homebirth....

Ooh, good luck hot tea!! I hope this is it for you! xxx

Back from the sweep she said i was very favourable and soft in there but my cervix is still fairly posterior, she said she managed to get the tip in to do the sweep and now ive had some blood in pants, baby is 4/5th palp whatever that means , Shes also booked me in for induction on sunday xx

Im just really hoping that this works!!! xx

Ooh, good luck hot tea!!!

Mummy, i posted on fb, but i hope your sweep works. Any other signs since you had it? x

Contractions slowly teetered off three hours after they started (they were agony) and I am pretty sure it is because I didn't encourage them at all. :( I just lay there and didn't move, even though my body was telling me to walk around. They stopped around six... Slept for like two hours tops, and now I feel sooooo nauseous and thirsty even though I am pounding water.

I guess I am in early labour. Those were def not BH.

Hope they pick up again hun and you go into full blown labour!

Mrsturner, nope just the brown discharge is still there when i wipe but no cramps etc

Right now I hope not... Being up all night like that has left me in a state. :(

Kind of worried about the excessive thirst??? My mouth is permanently dry no matter what!

Good luck ladies

Well my midwife is rubbish!

At last appointment 3 weeks ago she said she would give me a sweep then when I saw her today she booked me in for a sweep on Tuesday and didn't do anything today :(

OH said I should have said something? I got the feeling she was just trying to get rid of me cos she was running 30mins late

Never mind I have just eaten the hottest madras I have ever tried so let's hope that gets bubba shifted?!

Fingers crossed for everyone x

Good luck, i have given up on curries. I even had a vindaloo and i am a tikka massala girl! Blew my head off, but baby didnt even twinge!

They sure are stubborn!
I keep getting stabby cervix pains but i dont think they are leading anywhere. Baby currently has hiccups. Im hoping he'll hiccup his way down the birth canal!! lol

They sure are stubborn!
I keep getting stabby cervix pains but i dont think they are leading anywhere. Baby currently has hiccups. Im hoping he'll hiccup his way down the birth canal!! lol

I got woken up with those in the middle of the night last night but still nothing :( They're damned uncomfortable xx

M2T, "4/5th palp" means that the babys head is engaged (dropped) 1/5th into your pelvis and the midwife can palpate 4/5ths of it's head. But don't worry, plenty of women go into labour without their bubs engaging AT ALL, and others can have a fully (4 or 5/5ths!) engaged baby for a week or more!!! Mine is sitting at 2-3/5ths engaged now apparenty.

Wow hot tea, I was so excited reading those posts but then they came to nothing! Ugh! At least you know your body IS doing something though, and the contractions will come back, probably a similar time tonight! lol. I know a few women now who had those wee 'false labours' for several nights (ie several hours of regular contractions that then stopped) before the real thing kicked in, I hope you get some sleep now just in case you can't sleep again for a while!!! And next time they happen; listen to your body and mooooooooove! lol. GOOD LUCK!

I hope all those sweeps have helped things move along for you ladies, even if things haven't kicked in then I'm sure it'll still be helping to ripen everything up in there!!!

I'm officially 42 weeks pregnant today... Not sure if I'm happy or not though! lol!! It's friday down here, so I'm going to head in to work and keep busy, but tomorrow is gonna be hell if nothing starts happening; hubby doesn't get home until 6pm on saturdays and I have no work to go in to, so I'm gonna be home, alone, alllllll daaaayyyy looonnngggg. Waiting. And waiting. *sigh* FX something kicks in for me ASAP so I can at least see and end to the waiting! lol!!

These scorpios are already causing us trouble...!

I spend ALL DAY, EVERYDAY waiting since i gave up work. I am totally fed up with waiting now. I wish i had work to go to to keep busy. You are so lucky flying duster! x

Can't believe both me and baby are gonna be scorpio's lol. I was told to try drinking cinnamon tea to help induce labour, apparently doctors use it (dunno if that's right or not though) so i had 2 cups last night and right enough, about an hour later, i started getting strong BH's and stabbing pains in my cervix which went right through the night till around 7am. They've worn off now so i'm gonna have another 2 cups and see if it was coincidence or not. I need to have this baby before the 1st or i'm owe my OH a chinese meal lol xx

Good luck to all the ladies having sweeps or inductions.
Hoping all the overdue babies hurry up for their poor mummies....
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->