October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

Just a little update from me.... went along for my second sweep yesterday and had a baby! Midwife accidently broke my waters, apparently they were bulging and she only just touched them which made them burst. Headed along to the hospital shortly after due to GBS. Monitored and antibiotics given, contractions started once I was there but not overly strong so I has attached to the drip to get them going. Within an hour I was fully dilated so the drip was unattached. LO was facing to the side so I was allowed an hour to contract and get her into a better position for delivery. This worked and after 20 minutes of pushing little Sophie Louise entered the world weighing 8lb 1oz. Wishing all the new Mummys and mums to be the very best xx

OMG mememoo!!! Wow! I have my second sweep tomorrow, i hope that happens for me!!!!

Well done hun, congratulations!

Mummy, i take it your now in hospital! I will be thinking of you all day. I hope they get you going today and its not a wasted journey to the hospital xxx

Congratulations mememoo! :happydance:
I went in for my induction on Tuesday 25th - the doctor said she wasn't so busy after all that day so we got the earlier date. Then I show up at L&D and they say 'what brings you to us today?' !! I thought the nurse was joking, but she really wasn't. So I said 'er, I'm here for my induction today' and the doctor hadn't told them!!
Everything went fine, labour was 7 hours and I managed quite nicely with no epidural. I had an epi for the first baby but I liked this labour more, i could feel things better and could control the pushing. So I didn't tear as much this time and could walk and have a shower right after!! Hooray!!
Sophie Lillian was born at 9.57pm on Tuesday October 25, 6 pounds 10 oz. She is eating like a champion and seems to be a pretty calm little baby. We are all in love with her already.
Good luck to everyone still waiting, it is SO worth it! Happy and safe deliveries to everyone :flower:

congratulations zucchini!!! Cant wait to see pic's.
Am i the only one still waiting?!?! It feels like it!

Nope im still here mrs turner got sent home today as they were too busy!!!! :(

Ringing at 8am! Grrr

Congrats to the new mummies :) :)

I cant believe they do that. I can understand them being busy, but to let you go all the way to the hospital and then turning you away seems stupid! Surely they knew they were busy before telling you to come on in??

Ridiculous isnt it, i was booked in so they knew i was coming, i phoned at 8am and they said "Oh were busy so it might not be today but come up and we will monitor u and see what we can do" ..... then send me home :grr:

What a waste of a day! You could have enjoyed your last lazy sunday with Tyler and OH rather than go through all that you have today, and to have to do it all again tomorrow!

Yep!!! Pisstake .... Im gonna phone tomorrow at 8 and if they say theres even a slight chance that i might not get set off them am not bothering going up!! Waste of time...

I agree. I would ask them if its a definite before getting all the way there again. Wasting money on petrol and parking for nothing. I would be livid. The hospital is over 30 mins away from us, so its a proper trek. I hope its closer to you x

About a 20min drive !! :( Im gonna cuz its ridiculous!
Hope your sweep goes well tomorrow what time you having it

About a 20min drive !! :( Im gonna cuz its ridiculous!
Hope your sweep goes well tomorrow what time you having it

Not sure, the MW is coming to my house to do it, which should be fun! She just said in the afternoon, so knowing my luck it'll be 5pm and ill have to wait in all day. Not that i really go out! lol

I hope things start moving along for you tonight, then they'll HAVE to let you in! lol

Hope your MW comes in the morning and gets the sweep done xx
You dont know how much i would LOVE to go into labour tonite, Avoid induction!

Baby hasn't moved very much for me in the last two days. Well, he moves, but they feel ALOT less forceful. Like he hardly rolls now. Normal???

Grr! How annoying M2T!! Hope all goes well with the induction tomorrow. I will be thinking of you....

Good luck with your sweep tomorrow Mrsturner. Hope it starts things off for you...

My baby hardly moved at all for a few days in the week before she was born, Hot Tea. I think its pretty normal, but if you are worried, get it checked out.

Congratulations mememoo and zucchini on the births of your Sophies

xx

Congratulations mememoo and zucchini

I am still waiting and I can't have a sweep until I am +10 so at least you are getting closer than me Mrst. If I get a nice midwife on Tuesday I am going beg for a sweep early, but I think I am scheduled the midwife I battle with and who won't do anything for me as she is still hacked off I am going for homebirth.

M2T I would be so hacked off if I wasted a day waiting for no reason, plus the let down would be really quite upsetting.

Grr! How annoying M2T!! Hope all goes well with the induction tomorrow. I will be thinking of you....

Good luck with your sweep tomorrow Mrsturner. Hope it starts things off for you...

My baby hardly moved at all for a few days in the week before she was born, Hot Tea. I think its pretty normal, but if you are worried, get it checked out.

Congratulations mememoo and zucchini on the births of your Sophies

xx

It just feels like he has become really lazy! Like, he is a total wiggler usually, even when he was sleeping he would do some wiggles. Now he is like a rock when he snoozes, not a motion... And then when he does awaken the movements are sometimes jabs, but mostly gentle little prods.

I don't know how I feel about it. He does move... It is jut a change! He's actually moving about right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->