October Mummies..... It's Officially Our Month!!!

i totally get what you mean, hot tea.
a couple of times, i nearly rang the midwife, as i was concerned she hadnt moved for ages. then id get a couple of little jabs, which reassured me briefly, then she would go quiet again.
i dont know what to suggest? coz i am very anti-intervention, and was worried that if i flagged this up to a midwife....there would be a cascade of interventions. so i decided to go with my gut instinct that everthing was fine. and it was.
good luck, whatever you decide to do....
xx

Everyone has told me the baby movements slow right down in the run up to the birth, but not sure how long in advance that happens??

If this is the case i guess my baby wont be making her appearance anytime soon as shes still a right little wriggle bottom!

My little one has been quiet for the last couple days too. Sometimes, I suddenly realise I havent felt him all day practically. He has a good shuffle around and wriggle now and again, but its not as much as what would be 'normal' for him. Ive put it down to saving energy for labour, they must know they are going to be evicted soon even if its not by our bodies choice lol.

xx

I can't for the life of me remember if I updated or not but Cullen John Bowie arrived on 28.10.11 at 8.59am. He weighed in at 7pm 5oz and was delivered by forceps after a 14 hour labour - pushing for 2 hours 20 mins. Turns out that the little man had his hand up at his head - the same position he was in during first scan!! Lx

Congrats Lisa, great name!

Good luck today Mummy, i hope you finally get induced. I'll keep everything (except my legs!) crossed for you today and i hope you dont get all the way in there to be turned away again.

AFM, 1 week overdue today :(
I have my second sweep later and get my induction date, so at least the end is in sight. I dont have any signs that things are progressing, so i think i'll be here to the bitter end. My October baby will be November instead.

Congratulations Lisa :)

Hope your sweep goes well today Mrst. Good luck today M2T.

Hi ladies, wow i seem to have missed loads. Hot tea, my lil one is the same. Not nearly as active, just the odd jab or tap to let me know he's there. He does seem to do alot of prodding about at my cervix (which i don't remember the other's doing) almost like he's checking to see if it's time to leave lol. Congrats to Zucchini, mememoo, Lisa and anyone else i've missed. Mummy2tyler and MrsTurner, thankyou for making me realise how ridiculously impatient i'm being, your patience amazes me. I wonder if any of us are going to manage to sneak in an October baby, i'd love to but the clock is deffo against me. I just hope he makes an appearence before my bday. Every night for the last week, i haven't been able to sleep. I can't lie comfortably and i start getting BH's and stabbing pains in my cervix around 11pm. I keep thinking, tonight will be the night and it never is. When i finally do go into labour, i think i'm gonna go into total shock too pmsl xx

Well it's now looking like I will be having a November baby now :(

Contractions were coming really strong lasting 1min every 10 mins this went on between 1am until 5am then they slowed right down :(

Did loose a huge amount of plug but now I'm only contracting about one every 30mins

Hoping something gets moving soon but do have a sweep tomorrow at 41+1

Good luck ladies x

Oh what a drag CharT! I hope things pick up again for you. Go for a walk and see if it brings things on again xxx

Well it's now looking like I will be having a November baby now :(

Contractions were coming really strong lasting 1min every 10 mins this went on between 1am until 5am then they slowed right down :(

Did loose a huge amount of plug but now I'm only contracting about one every 30mins

Hoping something gets moving soon but do have a sweep tomorrow at 41+1

Good luck ladies x

Good luck to you as well :) I am sick of the stop-start fiasco. Went for a decent walk today, going for another one in a bit. Only 3 days over, but that's enough for me!!!

what a bummer char.
I was really hoping to sneak in an October baby but I am resigned to a November one now. I now need to try and get my midwife to agree to a sweep or I will be getting my friends sister to do one for me (she is a midwife) as I would like to at least try to get things moving.
My baby hasn't been as active today but has been poking around my cervix and bladder loads.

Thanks ladies :)

It's just so frustrating ive been having contractions now all day but not regular but very painful and take my breath away and last a min. I just wish they would become more frequent......
When I phone the midwife she just said I could go on like this for days arghhhhhh!!

Well ladies, even ig you do have a nov baby, you gotta keep us october ladies updated!!! :)

My midwife didnt show up today. I am sooooooo angry i keep crying. When i phoned the community midwife she said the woman i was supposed to see isnt even working today!
So i have to wait in all day again tomorrow. I am so frustrated, i feel like this baby is never coming out :(

Well FINALLY, at 17 days overdue, I went into labour naturally and rather suddenly in the bath at home, 9 hours later in the bath at the hospital my wee man was born with NO drugs, at 9lb 10oz and totally perfect; at 5am on halloween! Will be doing a birth story and getting pics up etc asap. :)

That is great news flyingduster :)

Mrst I feel your pain. I would be most annoyed if my midwife didn't turn up either. I hope you have managed to book in another appointment.
I am seeing the midwife today and begging for a sweep and telling them if they refuse I am getting my friends sister to do one as I am not waiting until I am +10.

How do I move to November mummies when I have always thought this baby was coming in October? :(

Congrats flyingduster! that is brilliant! Cant wait to see pics.

Well, im officially a november mummy now :(

The midwife has said she is coming today, so its a case of sitting around ALL DAY again today. This baby will never get here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->