October/November Conkers 2021***

I’m sure they will that sounds totally reasonable. They book them at 39 weeks here for elective ones. How exciting! Did you try a Vbac ever or just do elective c sections? My friends said elective ones are so much more peaceful and recovery is much easier than the emergency ones.

My first 2 were vaginal deliveries. It was ds 3 that was naughty and had an unstable lie so kept flipping and mainly laying across my stomach. Apparently they will try and persuade me to try a vbac this time but I don't want to risk anything and at least with a c section I only go to 39 weeks. I worry that this one will be an unstable lie too and there is the risk of cord prolapse with it if your waters break.

My first 2 were vaginal deliveries. It was ds 3 that was naughty and had an unstable lie so kept flipping and mainly laying across my stomach. Apparently they will try and persuade me to try a vbac this time but I don't want to risk anything and at least with a c section I only go to 39 weeks. I worry that this one will be an unstable lie too and there is the risk of cord prolapse with it if your waters break.
I hope they are respectful of your decision!!

48 days till my anatomy scan and finding out the gender.... ugh that’s forever!!!

I’m going back and forth on doing the sneak peak blood test but I’ve heard it’s easy to mess up!!

I did sneak peek with my last pregnancy at 9 weeks. It came back girl and was correct. I have a bunch of boys in the house (2 sons and DH) so I made sure to sanitize really well first. I did it straight after a shower and used the wipes they provide really well.

I considered it but having 4 boys in the house decided it was too big a risk for a false positive for boy.

I considered it but having 4 boys in the house decided it was too big a risk for a false positive for boy.
Yeah so many of the reviews have false results it’s not worth it. I just have to tough it out and wait till my 20 week scan I guess. Extra ultrasound would be $99 but doubt hubby would go for it just to find out a few weeks earlier.

I did sneak peek with my last pregnancy at 9 weeks. It came back girl and was correct. I have a bunch of boys in the house (2 sons and DH) so I made sure to sanitize really well first. I did it straight after a shower and used the wipes they provide really well.
Are you hoping for another girl this time for 2+2?

I realize the UK already had Mother’s Day but the North American one is coming up next week.

Do you all celebrate grandmothers as well or just young moms? I just booked a brunch for DH myself and our kids and having trouble not feeling guilty not including our moms. We did get them gifts. But part of me is annoyed that they won’t kind of concede the holiday to the moms who are in the thick of it. It’s not hard to be a mom at 65 when your kids are grown and out of the house XD

that sounds cynical. I do want to celebrate them but I think the holiday should focus on moms who still have kids at home. Celebrating your nuclear family and then both extended families makes the holiday complicated. And of course this happens every holiday. Family celebration, in laws celebration, and my side celebration. It’s a lot.

there is a grandparents day after all.

@topazicatzbet i hope they respect your want of a section too! Surely it would be much better than to risk the worry of babies position. Will you have to meet with your consultant to find out?

@Suggerhoney such an impressive bump!

@playgirl666 has a sweep ever set you off? Does it take much to get you going with induction?

@Reiko_ctu when you say 48 days it does seem a long wait! Hopefully you’ll be feeling a bit better soon and time won’t drag so much!!!

@Reiko_ctu mothers day for us is a tricky one. Without going to much into it I don’t really have much of a relationship with my mum and DH mum is well selfish. So we buy gifts and acknowledge it but we have a meal or do something together just us.

@Reiko_ctu mothers day for us is a tricky one. Without going to much into it I don’t really have much of a relationship with my mum and DH mum is well selfish. So we buy gifts and acknowledge it but we have a meal or do something together just us.
My mother in law is the same... she came to help two days when I was at my worst, lying on the bathroom floor puking unable to get the strength to do anything... then has the gall to hint to DH that it can’t be that bad, she had 4 babies in 4 years and dealt with MS each time... also said it hurt her that I didn’t come out of my room to say thank you to her or give her instructions on what to do with the girls (she has 13 grandkids and has been babysitting at least 1 day a week for years but apparently doesn’t know what to do with them???). No thanks, I’d rather have my mom who believes me and can figure out what to do with the kids on her own.

Just wishful thinking on my part, in Australia you don’t get an induction unless medically necessary. Elective sections are from 39 weeks.

@Reiko_ctu yes we go by 13 weeks so officially in second trimester now.
Our Mother’s Day is coming up, luckily for me non of our parents really celebrate those days so we don’t worry about it and just send a message and flowers.

Just wishful thinking on my part, in Australia you don’t get an induction unless medically necessary. Elective sections are from 39 weeks.

@Reiko_ctu yes we go by 13 weeks so officially in second trimester now.
Our Mother’s Day is coming up, luckily for me non of our parents really celebrate those days so we don’t worry about it and just send a message and flowers.
Yeah here they won’t induce you unless there’s a reason. I was overdue with my first and she didn’t do to well when I had my stress test so they induced me. It didn’t end up being bad, it was only 4 hrs but I think I was relatively ready.

with my 2nd baby though the sweep did bring on labour and she was born less than 12 hrs labour. Didn’t work with my 3rd though! She was born at 39+6 but I don’t remember being desperate to get her out like I was with my first XD. It worked out lovely. Put my girls to bed, thought I felt some AF type cramps, called the midwife at 9:30 just in case I was starting to labour so she came to the house, and she was born at 12:15 :) 7:30 the girls woke up and came downstairs to a new sister! Can’t wait to get to that point.

however I’m really just waiting for the nausea to subside so I can enjoy my second trimester. It’ll be summer here and I can just spend the days at parks with the big girls. I had severe pelvic pain with my 2nd and could barely walk by 20 weeks so hope I avoid that this time. I was exercising to keep my body in shape but the nvp has stopped that in its tracks!

@Reiko_ctu I’m the same I had severe pelvic pain and was really determined to keep up exercises and working out to potentially stop it. Think with me was about 23 weeks and just couldn’t be out and about. I’m hoping soon as nausea settles I’ll start working out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->