October Otters

Ah. OK. I'd heard of monitoring progesterone levels but not Estrogen. What are they looking for Estrogen wise? Cause as far as I remember the progesterone and hcg numbers are good?

Ah. OK. I'd heard of monitoring progesterone levels but not Estrogen. What are they looking for Estrogen wise? Cause as far as I remember the progesterone and hcg numbers are good?

Estrogen should be rising. It is important for the development of internal organs of the baby as well as some other things. I'm not completely clear on the exact roles but I know it's important. There is not a lot of information either so I don't know what acceptable levels are.

Interesting! Love learning new things. After 5 pregnancies still learning new stuff :)

Had the scan today! Everything went great. The HB was 153! I even have a picture of our cute lil blob baby. The first thing the sono said was "That's a good looking baby". Made me feel nice :). She was so gentle with the ultrasound since it was a vaginal one. The most gentle I have had. I am really glad I chose to go back to the same place that took care of me with Riya. The nurse I talked to went over some things they might do for me. She could not give me much info just a general idea because she was not authorized to. Only my doctors are. I have 5 doctors, and I will see all 5 of them at some point. One of them does not deliver tho. I have met them when I was pregnant with Riya, they're all very nice and caring. The nurse said that I will most likely have to get a stitch in my cervix to help idk keep it together I guess? Also she mentioned they might start me on progesterone shots earlier than later. I will find out 100% what the plan of action is on the 14th when I see one of my OB. After the consult with the nurse and the ultrasound they did my bloods. I attached a picture of our sweet pea!! Our sweet lil blob baby :cloud9:.

Attachments

• 12803166_163350534053787_6369348370370744159_n.jpg
    12803166_163350534053787_6369348370370744159_n.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 2
Kiwiberry that is one beautiful baby!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Just an update after my u/s today. There was no sign of a baby and my gestational sac had shrunk from 19mm to 11mm. It look like my body is already taking care of it's self. The baby stopped growing at 6+5. It happens. I am completely ok and as soon as the miscarriage is complete and my levels are back to zero we will start the treatment process again. My spirits are high and I know that I can still get pregnant. I have to say for everyone that the movie....The Great Sperm Race.... you can watch on you tube....is a great movie to help appreciate all aspects of conceiving. I am lucky that I am not devastated by this loss. I was in a previous miscarriage so I've been there. I have two beautiful twins and they give me a reason to smile every single day.

Best of luck to you all and have a great October. I will be further behind you now but not far! I have had a good talking to my reproductive parts and we will achieve success! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear lalex. All the best in the future!

Sorry to hear this Lalexf, I hope you get your rainbow baby soon :dust:.

No reassurance from my appointment, but she is getting me an US asap to ease my mind :) Hopefully early next week!

Sorry girls, missed a bunch of this... been super busy with work and life in general.
Morning sickness finally stopped but makes me feel paranoid. Scan is set for Friday at 2pm PST, so hopefully I'll know more then.
I also ordered this blood test I can take that tells me the gender from 10 weeks on, so I am thinking of doing that... it was $150 USD.

Ajarvis scan this week right? :happydance:

Sorry girls, missed a bunch of this... been super busy with work and life in general.
Morning sickness finally stopped but makes me feel paranoid. Scan is set for Friday at 2pm PST, so hopefully I'll know more then.
I also ordered this blood test I can take that tells me the gender from 10 weeks on, so I am thinking of doing that... it was $150 USD.

Oh wow that's pretty interesting. I have heard of it done, but did not know it was readily available. I bet you are super excited!

Had my OB appointment. They went over the treatment plan this time around and I had a scan to check on baby! Baby is doing great! I was actually measuring 8+6 today instead of 9 weeks. So I am going to have to update my ticker. We are going based on ultrasound results for EDD because I did not know when my LMP was. I go in for a checkup in 4 weeks, then at 16 weeks they are going to start me on progesterone shots (once a week) until 35 weeks. After 18 weeks (my anatomy scan), they will start monitoring my cervical length every 2 weeks until 35 weeks. If they notice any change in the cervical length they will do the cerclage. She told me that they think my cervix might have shortened because I was in labor for 3 days before I went in to the hospital. She said the premature labor could have caused my cervix to shorten. I asked her if they could have prevented my baby from coming early if I had known what I was feeling was contractions and gone in sooner. She said there is a chance yes. It just makes me feel even worse about it. How could I have been so stupid not to go in the moment I had those pains :cry:. She told me that I have strep b as well, so when I go to deliver their going to put me on antibiotics so it does not pass to the baby. She said its a good thing they put me on antibiotics with Riya, because they had no clue I had strep b last time. Apparently they usually don't test for it until 35 weeks or so. New due date is October 18th!

Yes Kiwi! I had it today! A little anxious waiting lol. But beautiful little wiggly baby with a hr of 171

For some reason the pic won't upload. But it was a great scan :)

:happydance: yay!! So glad it all went so well for you Ajarvis.

How are the rest of you ladies doing?

Incase anyone else is curious about the test: https://www.accu-metrics.com/prenatal-gender-testing.php
Oh, and I forgot, I broke out in a rash a week ago... covers most of my body and is crazy itchy. I got a cream from my family doc but I'm gonna have to go talk with Midwife about what to do... this is just horrible and I want to ensure it's taken care of sooner than later.
Anyone else with a rash?

No rash here, but is it the pregnancy rash? PUPP? Hopefully you can get some relief!!

Ajarvis I was just stalking random threads and I'm soooo excited to see you in here!! I remember you from the July group! Hoping and praying this is your take home baby. <3

ajarvis do u think you having a little girl based on the HR?

I tried the whole heartbeat prediction thing, but it kept giving me mixed results. One time I would get girl and the next I would get boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->