October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Is anyone else here pregnant after multiple losses with their 1st? :happydance:

Unfortunately, yes. But if instinct counts for anything, I have felt like this one is THE ONE from the start, can't explain it. I'm just really calm about it if I focus on how I feel and kind of ignore what I think, which of course are all the things that could go wrong.

for the working moms when do u plan on telling work that you're pregnant?
Depends on what you mean by "work" haha. I'm a scientist, I work very closely with one other woman, who is fantastic and will be so happy for me, but because of loss history, I don't want to tell her (or my mom) until I go back for my next appointment (10w3d, 14 Mar). She and I trade things off all the time and so far, she has not become wise to be asking her to handle two particularly hazardous things for me lately - only one more round before my next appointment!
And my "boss" has been on a complicated medical leave since late last year, the two people who are covering for him, I would greatly prefer not to tell until May (and with a large frame and a high BMI, I might be able to pull it off). I kind of want to wait until people start getting brazen enough to flat out ask, because it would be hilarious. My on-site/ in-lab duties are heaviest Jan-Aug, so Oct is actually the perfect time of year for me to take leave. They are all also very family friendly people who will be happy for me - once the shock wears off. I think most people have always assumed I didn't like and/or didn't want kids (woman, in science, mid-30s, etc.), but never asked.
Anyone else?

Oh - and whomever was talking about not having symptoms - neither do I. The nurse midwife I saw at 5+5 said not having them at all is perfectly fine (consider self lucky), it's if you have them and they suddenly go away that you should be concerned. I've been putting in serious mileage on a work FitBit challenge and mostly feel really good so far, which was concerning until she told me that.

I will join the FB group once I tell work - if you go to the page, you can see who the members are, even if you aren't a member. I am just not comfortable doing that before my work (or my mom) knows!

Unfortunately, yes. But if instinct counts for anything, I have felt like this one is THE ONE from the start, can't explain it. I'm just really calm about it if I focus on how I feel and kind of ignore what I think, which of course are all the things that could go wrong.

Yeah, strange you say that because I feel the same way. I didn't really have anything but mild boob pain with my 1st and second and nothing with the other two. With this one I've had wind, really painful boobs, dark rings on my nipples and back pain. All at 4w 5d! Is that normal? x

I've requested to join the fb group

Yeah, strange you say that because I feel the same way. I didn't really have anything but mild boob pain with my 1st and second and nothing with the other two. With this one I've had wind, really painful boobs, dark rings on my nipples and back pain. All at 4w 5d! Is that normal? x

All of that sounds perfectly normal from everything I know that can happen. I'm the opposite, was panicked at first because I really don't have any major symptoms (except mild breast/ nipple pain and fatigue, but if I still idle for too long), but my hormone levels are great and tech had no problems finding an embryo with a heartbeat at 5w6d. Medical professionals have told me not to worry, so I'm not worrying.

Just to let you know I lost baby on valentines day :cry:

Good luck everyone x

ClandestineTX - That’s fine, Join the group when you’re ready.
Unless your work & Mum is looking at each due date group - she wouldn’t know anyway.
If you want to join this thread, I will need an approximate EDD from you.

besty - Not sure what your RL name is, but the chances are I’ve accepted. I check each persons profile before accepting into the group.

wantingagirl - I am so very sorry for your loss hun. Please take care. :hugs:

All of that sounds perfectly normal from everything I know that can happen. I'm the opposite, was panicked at first because I really don't have any major symptoms (except mild breast/ nipple pain and fatigue, but if I still idle for too long), but my hormone levels are great and tech had no problems finding an embryo with a heartbeat at 5w6d. Medical professionals have told me not to worry, so I'm not worrying.

I'm in the UK and my doctors wont send my urine away for confirmation until I am 8 weeks. I am trying to push for a reassurance scan though.

I'm in the UK and my doctors wont send my urine away for confirmation until I am 8 weeks. I am trying to push for a reassurance scan though.

I'm in the UK and I'm having my 4th scan on Friday. I've had quantitive betas, Progesterone checked and all the scans. I am very closely monitored.
I can't understand why you are not. They never send my urine away for confirmation either, I just book in with a midwife when I get to 8 weeks (if, I get to 8 weeks).

ClandestineTX, Ignore my message. Ha - I don't remember you joining this thread, however I've added you already as EDD 7th October.

WAG, not sure of your EDD but I have put your name down on the Angels list. Again, I'm so very sorry hun. :hugs:

I'm in the UK and I'm having my 4th scan on Friday. I've had quantitive betas, Progesterone checked and all the scans. I am very closely monitored.
I can't understand why you are not. They never send my urine away for confirmation either, I just book in with a midwife when I get to 8 weeks (if, I get to 8 weeks).

Do you think I need to speak to my doctor than instead of listening to the receptionists and waiting until 8 weeks? It means 2 of my 4 miscarriages aren't on my records.

Do you think I need to speak to my doctor than instead of listening to the receptionists and waiting until 8 weeks? It means 2 of my 4 miscarriages aren't on my records.

Definitely speak with your doctor. Do you not have any clinics or consultants? I've been seen through the recurrent miscarriage clinic (having had 9 now) and that's where I'm having all these scans done.

ClandestineTX, Ignore my message. Ha - I don't remember you joining this thread, however I've added you already as EDD 7th October.

ROFL it may have been yesterday (or the day before) that you added me the first time. I have spurts where I'm MIA (due to work picking up) then spurts when I'm all over the internet.

As far as Facebook... I completely understand how unlikely it is, except every once in awhile I'd check out a loss group or something and find someone I knew was a member, even though the group was private/ closed. And I have a really unique/ identifiable name to people who know (or know of) me. My husband and I are also still leaning toward not even making a Facebook announcement at all. This is just how we've dealt with > 3 years of trying and several failed starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->