October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

Thanks Blessed, yeah it's definitely no fun :nope:

I'm doing fine I think and been feeling more relaxed about everything since my anomaly scan went so well :thumbup: Looking forward to buying baby stuff next month:happydance:

yay Im looking forward to my gender scan on Saturday ... whoop whoop

and I have been feeling more and more movements ...

saturday is so close blessed :)

I'm doing good as well. 21+4. Feeling more and more movement all the time now. If DH had any patience he would feel it too :p

Stressed about our trip, but it's only 6 sleeps away!

Today has been so busy on here!

Kat/ Lost: I'm sorry about your friends.

Kat: I hope your placenta moves as expected. I think most would prefer to avoid a C-section, just remember all that matters is that everyone gets through healthy!

Blessed/ ajarvis: Yay for the movement! I wasn't 100% sure that was what I was feeling, especially with an anterior placenta, but I can HEAR the wee one move with my stethoscope. OK, it's the stethoscope I own because my vet recommended we periodically monitor my 13 year old cat's heartbeat, but it works!

AFM... thank goodness my pregnancy is going well. Hubster and I have decided to move away from our current home. So I am applying for jobs all over the USA and hoping to move ASAP - I have an interview next week for a place that wants someone to start mid-late July! No telling where we will end up!
Almost forgot - the announcement we are snail mailing to friends and family to keep things quiet on Facebook is posted here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...t-over-here-making-people-5.html#post37347284

AFM... thank goodness my pregnancy is going well. Hubster and I have decided to move away from our current home. So I am applying for jobs all over the USA and hoping to move ASAP - I have an interview next week for a place that wants someone to start mid-late July! No telling where we will end up!
Almost forgot - the announcement we are snail mailing to friends and family to keep things quiet on Facebook is posted here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...t-over-here-making-people-5.html#post37347284

You like to keep yourself busy don't you? Just take it easy. Hope you get the job and the move (when it happens) goes smoothly. I remember moving house at 30 weeks and by heck that was enough stress to put me off doing it again!

I'll take a peak at your announcement now.

It is less that we like to keep busy and more that big changes at the upper level where I work have destroyed the quality of the environment. I am certain changing jobs and moving house before the little one shows up will be less stressful than after. We only get 6-8 weeks off in the USA, up to 12 depending on the company size and how long you've been there. I would rather have that time in a new home with the new baby, then trying to prepare for a move while recovering and trying to make a schedule. My work is also steady, but one job here, one job there - all over the place. There's literally one job open in a neighboring city that wouldn't require me to move and a second that would still require me to move three hours drive away. It is not at all what I had expected or planned for - it's just better than staying in a place that is getting progressively less awesome.

Ajarvis my DH also doesn't have the patience as soon as he moves his hand the baby moves. Yes I cant wait for our scan and the best part my kids are going with. Cant wait to see the expression on my daughter's face. Almost time for your trip, do enjoy it.

Clandestine yay for movement. Soon there will be no doubt you feeling your baby. I love your announcement so cool. Good luck with the job hunt and the move. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

Clandestine wow it's nice you can apply for jobs while pregnant. Here no one will hire a pregnant woman so if you want to change jobs, you need to do it before pregnancy or wait until you're back from your maternity leave. I think it's because companies don't want to hire someone that'll only be able to work some months before going on 1 year maternity leave and having to pay both for maternity leave and the person they hire to fill in for you during the year you're gone. So yeah, applying for jobs while pregnant in this country is a waste of time as no one will hire you.

AFM my so-called friend tried calling my DH yesterday but when he had time to call her back, her mobile was turned off. If she turned it off herself or her battery ran out and she hasn't bothered to charge it, who knows:shrug:

Going out today to buy an anniversary gift for DH today (7 year anniversary on Monday) and our cat will be getting a check-up at the new vet.

that's why our company policy is that you have to work one year before being eligible for paid maternity leave otherwise its unpaid

aww exciting ... are you guys going out to celebrate?

In the US, there is no requirement for paid leave. If your company meets certain requirements, they can be required to give you up to 12 weeks of job-protected leave, but they are not required to pay you. My current job would allow me up to 12 weeks, first using unused sick pay, then vacation pay, then disability allowance (at a lower percentage of total pay) - only because they meet the requirements and I've been here over a year. However, I completely hate what's left of my job. I would rather go somewhere that I get the minimum 6 weeks medical leave with only the payment from my current employer for unused vacation time to sustain me than stay here any longer than necessary. Also - legally - it's against Federal law to discriminate against hiring due to pregnancy (but good luck proving it), which is why I am keeping things completely quiet on social media and hoping to get an offer before it's completely obvious. I would not accept an offer or start a job without them knowing and having a sense that it's not going to be a big deal to them, just because I don't want to start off on a bad foot. I'm genuinely looking for a new long term gig.

I'm constantly shocked at the state of maternity leave in the U.S and how much everything costs. Seems wild.

Here I'll get a year off. With a decent amount of pay and then my company tops up the first 6 weeks - which is completely normal.

clandestine I definitely agree with moving etc before baby is born. After would be much more stressful

Quick update from me, My repeat foetal echocardiogram was today. My precious little Prince is heart healthy. There is a risk (with any baby) the duct does not close at birth, but in the majority of cases they will close in the weeks following birth with no intervention, such as my DS2's. Most common in premature babies, although DS2 was 10 days late. :haha:

I have my repeat 20 week scan next week, and the week after I'm hoping to have one of my 4D scans. :happydance:

Hope you're all okay!

Yeah, feeling super happy about that, it's just another weight lifted off my shoulders! :)

Wow that sounds like a better system in a way. Here women get 12 months paid leave and I don't think how long you've been hired has much bearing on it. I remember this heavily pregnant woman from my 1st job course that said she was told not to write it in applications but felt it was silly because they would see she's pregnant right away at any job interviews and of course not hire her. Here it's an unwritten golden rule that you don't get pregnant for at least 1 year when you start a new job, especially if it's at a new company. Although I have heard of people still risking getting fired where the company just states false reasons and good luck proving it's because you got pregnant and those reasons are untrue:nope: I read about this woman that waited until she'd been at the company for almost 4 years before getting pregnant. Her boss wasn't happy and her coworkers also were mad. About 2 months after coming back from maternity leave, they fired her but of course came up with other reasons but she couldn't prove anything. So yeah I think many companies here are not very family friendly when it comes to pregnancy - it's seen as a huge economical and practical inconvenience.

Lost great news about your scan:flower:

Lost that is great news and Im sure such a relief.

Wow that is bad Kat

AFM- 20 weeks today and tomorrow is our gender scan I cannot wait ... Im so excited ... Lost having also had C-section before did they struggle to get a clear picture due to your scar tissue? Im a little worried about that as all my pics have been super blurry ...

Yep it really is although I think some companies and fields are worse than others in that respect.

So exciting Blessed, can't wait to hear the result :happydance:

Good luck blessed with the gender scan!

I've had 3 sections, 9 MC and 1 D & C so I have "Ashermans syndrome" which is basically scarring in the uterus. They do have problems with scanning me but they always seem to manage although they do schedule more scans because they just can't see much..

thanks Kat and Lost

ok Lost I will let you know how it goes tomorrow I hope they will be able to get a clear scan because my kids are allowed to go in with us ...

I think you'll be okay.. My gender scan was pretty clear.. It's just the more detail they try looking for, like chambers in the heart and blood flow to kidneys they have problems with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->