October Pumpkins 2016 [47 Pumpkins - 3 Boys, 2 Girls]

What weeks are you ladies going to finsih working? I was originally going to take the last of my leave at 33 weeks for 2 and then start at 35 weeks.
But i changed it yesterday to take a week of in august at 33 weeks see family in a different state and then work up to 38 weeks and then just get my annual leave paid out to me..

So my official start date of maternity leave is 25 september. If i make it that far.

I get 18 weeks paid leave and im taking up to a year off

Im working until 16 September and will be 36weeks then ... I want to spend the last 2 weeks before baby comes with my DD ..

I had my gender scan on Saturday and Im joining team pink ... Lost please add me to the pink team ...

We are so excited and cant wait to meet her but now we need to start thinking of girl names as my DH was so convinced its a boy that we only had boy names picked out LOL

She is a healthy chubby little monkey ...

Congratulations on joing team pink! Another little princess to add to your family.

I am hoping to still be able to work until 38 weeks,but i am only going to what my midwife and body is telling me.might go to part time maybe.

with my DD I wanted to work up until 38 weeks and only managed to go until 34 weeks and worked from home up until 36 weeks ... Im much bigger this time around so Im really hoping to be able to go to 36 weeks otherwise I will arrange with my boss like I did last time to be able to work from home

I was planning on working as long as possible... No clue when that would be, I don't think I could stay at home for too long without something to do.

Congrats, Blessed on your second daughter!

thanks ladies

I know what you mean Clandestine I was bored by the time my DD was 3 months old everything becomes too much of a routine ... I guess this time will be different though as I will have 2 little ones keeping me busy during the day

I unfortunately am unemployed so no maternity leave issues for me. DH is going to take the 3 months off he can though which starts when baby arrives.

DH tried calling my so-called friend again but her phone is still turned off. I noticed she still gets on FB so he's sent her a message but no response yet. If she doesn't answer we're going to just drop it and not bother anymore. It still irks me though when I think about all those nights I listened to her crying for hours about all these loser men she would hook up with and now she can’t be bothered to answer us even though it's not pregnancy related and we just are getting back to her call :dohh:

3 months that is so awesome here in South Africa the men only get 3 days LOL

aww your friend really doesn't have manners hey ... just drop her

3 months that is so awesome here in South Africa the men only get 3 days LOL

aww your friend really doesn't have manners hey ... just drop her

Yeah it's really nice and if he'd been working longer at the company, he could've gotten up to 6 months. Although not all men take the leave they are offered, I've heard of some taking as little as 2 weeks. Awww too bad they don't get to take a longer leave where you're from:nope:

Yep no manners. I'm seriously starting to think she's become jealous about my pregnancy. I know she really wants children as well, preferably a boy first and then a girl. But she can’t TTC right now despite the fact she's 34 because she's still studying plus her 11 year younger boyfriend (whom she met during the education she's currently taking) isn't ready and they haven't been together very long. I just think it sucks when she knows exactly what I went through during those 2 years of infertility to get this far, both emotionally and physically :growlmad: I'm definitely not going to contact her anymore.

I had my 20 week scan today and everything went well :happydance:

Still team :yellow:

Attachments

• 20160531_102842~2.jpg
    20160531_102842~2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 5
Congrats c beary:flower:

So a little update: she called my DH and talked about her studies and his job. No asking about my pregnancy or anything. Nothing about wanting to see us either. I'm over her, so sick of her making everything about her and her issues.

Great news cbeary!
I'm taking mat leave starting Sept 16th - will use my vacation days but I'll only have a couple. I'll be 38 weeks then

All this South Africa talk makes me want to go home! <3

So "funny" how people just start to ignore you once you're pregnant. Even the ones who you thought were going to be there for you.. Unfortunately they're missing out on good people. We don't need people like that in our lives now anyways&#8230; Priorities!

Congrats cbeary!!!

So "funny" how people just start to ignore you once you're pregnant. Even the ones who you thought were going to be there for you.. Unfortunately they're missing out on good people. We don't need people like that in our lives now anyways… Priorities!

So true Peanut! I've been doing some reading on this topic and it's apparently not uncommon for certain friends to distance themselves when you're pregnant. I was even shocked to read about friends with kids that can get jealous of a friend who's pregnant:wacko: I know DH and I have also moved further away (like 40-45 minutes by car) but still. The worse part is once my "friend" gets pregnant in the future, she's gonna make it into a huge deal and suddenly expect me to be there and answer questions constantly:dohh: Not gonna happen though:nope: In this case it's pretty hurtful as she's one of the few friends I made "myself" (everyone else I've met through DH) and I've been there for her so many nights when she was crying about loser men she'd hook up with and hearing her constantly sob about how she'll never find anyone and never have children yada yada. I think even though she has a boyfriend, she's still jealous of me because I'm married (she really wants to get married one day) and now am pregnant (she really, really wants kids, like NOW). Although it's not like I got all this handed to me, I had to work on DH back when we started dating (he was afraid of commiting because of having his heart broken many times so it took some time) and I went through 2 years of infertility before getting pregnant (so wasn't like I got pregnant very quickly and went through 6 IUIs and 2 IVFs). But I guess she doesn't think about that?

Anyway I'll be going to my 2nd midwife appointment later today with DH:thumbup: Here are my scan pics from last week's anomaly scan that I can now upload since we now have internet on our laptop after having waited for 1 month:

20 ugers_1.jpg

20 ugers_2.jpg

20 ugers_3.jpg

20 ugers_4.jpg

congrats cbeary ...

Peanut are you from South Africa?

I see there are like only 4 or 5 of us on here from SA LOL ...

Aww Kat yay for hubby going with today ...

My next appointment is on Monday and Im currently on study leave Im writing tomorrow, next week Wednesday and then the 13th .. studying is not going well I have 0 concentration and Im seriously thinking of postponing next semester until next year ... will talk to my DH tonight ...

Blessed sorry it isn't going well with your studying. It may be worth taking a break instead of getting poor grades though.

AFM I got back from the midwife and everything is looking good. My uterus is measuring fine, heartbeat is good, blood pressure fine and my urine test shows nothing bad.

The bad news was this midwife isn't going to be my steady midwife either:growlmad: She was a temp to boot. So DH took a ½ day off work to meet a temp:dohh: I'm seriously going to lose it if the next midwife isn't my steady one either because then it's really starting to get ridiculous:trouble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->