October Pumpkins 2017

Having more issues with work and MS-related absenses.

Canadian Walmarts (where I work) have been using an outside company to handle all missed-shift calls since mid February. Mid February is, of course, when I started experiencing MS. I had never called in sick before, but the system is new, so it doesn't know that.

My manager and her original temporary cover while she was borrowed by another store found out about my pregnancy far earlier than I wanted because of this new system flagging my 2 non-consecutive missed shifts by 7 weeks.

2 weeks ago they put yet another different manager temporarily in charge of my department, as original manager is still borrowed. Apparently neither she nor the first temporary cover (who is around and does still talk to me about all this) decided to tell new temp about my situation. He had no idea. Which means when I missed 3 more shifts since 7 weeks, and the stupid new system called it an "intermittent absense pattern," he called me into the office for a chat. That was yesterday. When I told him I'm pregnant he said it was fine, don't worry about it, he'd report back to the system.

Then I get home today, turn my phone back on, and find a voicemail from 11am (don't they know I work 7-3? They ask next shift every time!) from the absense reporting people. The message says my file has been forwarded to them for investigation and that I have to call them back. FOR WHAT?! The managers know and said it's fine. Do they want me to send a copy of my ultrasound printout?

I'm not calling back. Hopefully it's just a case of slow communication between managers & system. I will be reporting all of this to my doctor when I see her next on Wednesday.

verily: Awesome news and congrats on the little girl!

Amanda: Good luck tomorrow!

saraaa: Hubby's family always names first born sons James so if it's a boy it'll be James Randall (middle name after my father). If it's a girl it'll most likely be Jessica Autumn. Little over 6 weeks till we find out.

Alicia - I'm sorry that you have rhinitis. I'm dealing with something similar but mine is mostly in my chest and is causing a dry cough. Very annoying. I really hope we both feel better soon xx

Congrats on a positive scan, Mrs. B!

Good luck, Amanda!

Congrats on a baby girl and positive results, Verily!

We have Connor James (James was the name my parents were going to name me if I was a boy!) or Emma Ann (DH loves the name Emma, because he has the hots for Emma Watson) and Ann is my grandmothers first name who passed away when I was pregnant with Sophia.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks until we find out the gender, pretty excited!

Orglethorp: That sounds like a total pain and a half, but I think if your manager/temp manager knows and you can produce a doctor's note upon request, you should be in good shape. Automated systems are impersonal, but they make sense from an HR perspective for managing hundreds of thousands of employees as long as they also employ humans behind them to make sense of the data and do the actual enforcement of attendance policies.

saraaa - Margaret tops my list, and DH isn't 100% sold on it just yet. It's his grandmother's name and very similar to my grandmother's name. We've also tossed around the idea of Gemma/Jemma and Clara, which we think are pretty.

Hi Ladies,

Sooooo wonderful to see all the great scans and gender reveals! How exciting!

Long absence here because I was traveling for work after which we moved from the States to Toronto, Canada. We are yet to move into the apmt that we found, so still a ways to go until we settle in.

My last appointment was in the States when I was 11w3d. Lil bub was active and had a strong heartbeat. I'm 13w6d today and I am super anxious to find out to bub is doing especially after the move et al.

We just got the private insurance card yesterday, so yet to figure out a doc to go to to get a check up. I haven't informed folks at work, so I can't ask anyone for suggestions/referrals. I'm hoping going to a walk in clinic will help as a starting point. Anyone from Canada who can guide me in this aspect? The anxiety is high especially considering that I didn't have major MS to start with. The pulling and stretching feeling in my lower abdomen has also eased up this week - is this normal?

Anyway - we had two great scans so far - 7w3d (transvaginally) and 10w5d (abdomen scan). Bub was super active in the 2nd scan. The technician let me record both sessions and also gave me pics. Those are keeping me going! :) Will post pics when I get a chance to.

I have a gut feeling I may have a boy. Any scan seems a distant possibility at this time though... :(

Sending lots of good vibes to all you lovely ladies! :)

PSamuel: Hope you are able to finish your move and settle in soon! I bet everything is fine with baby especially since you saw a healthy baby at your last scan. I know the feeling of wanting to see baby again though, hopefully you'll get to see yours soon so it will put your mind at ease.

So I may actually be getting the start of a bump, maybe? I know I am no longer bloated so this could be the start :happydance:

https://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z474/angelgirl086/13w205d20bump_zpsacuksg1v.jpg

Super excited to hear about everyone's updates!!! Orglethorp, that's a frustrating situation to be in and I'm sorry you're dealing with this!! The way the world treats pregnancy and pregnant women is just plain wrong sometimes.

I had a prenatal appointment this morning. The lil bub made the midwife jump because he (I don't know for sure, but I'm convinced of it) was thrashing around so much. Now that I'm feeling him move he doesn't STOP moving. It's unbelievable. Heart rate was 158, so if you believe the tale, it should be a girl. We find out in 5 weeks!! I've gained 1 pound in the last 4 weeks. The midwife told me to eat more. 😆 I feel like I'm eating constantly as is!

I started going to a prenatal yoga class today. It was great. Small group of women, all in various stages of their pregnancies. But a great class.

As for names.... if it's a boy the top name so far is Wyatt Lee. If it's a girl.... I dunno. DH wants to call her Emily but I'm not sold on the name. I feel like there are a ton of Emily's. I like Evelyn, Annabelle, Lani.... we will have a hard time coming to an agreement if it's a girl.

Hey ladies, glad to hear you are doing well!

Angel, cute bump!

Psamuel, I'm in Canada. Going to a walk-in clinic you should be able to get a referral though the dr there.

Amanda, how did your scan go?

I go for my nuchal scan tomorrow! I'm nervous but very excited! I saw baby two weeks ago at the drs office and will have another office scan (by choice) in another week and a half so I'm getting to see baby lots. I love that my OB does an u/s at each appointment for my piece of mind :)

Cute bump Angel!

I've popped today! Both myself and hubby have noticed! So much movement in there as well.

My bump is looking lovely now and I feel my bloat has gone. I was big before with my son, I think I'll be big again!

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 3
I turned 14 weeks today, I finally felt the baby move with my hand and even my daughter felt a little kick on the outside. I have a big bump...I think I've popped out quite a bit.

Attachments

• April 8th, 2017 (14 Weeks).jpg
    April 8th, 2017 (14 Weeks).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
Look at you guys with your awesome bumps!

I think my B belly is starting to turn into a D belly, but probably won't look like an actual bump till 20+ weeks.

Here's pics from my scan today. It was very quick!! I was out in 15 minutes so a little disappointing but my OB gives me a scan every visit so only 10 more days and I'll see babes again

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 10
Mediterranean - Lovely scan pics! :)

I feel like I'm getting a bump but then it comes and goes lol, I don't know how my uterus will affect things this time though, I'm hoping it will have corrected itself when I go for my gender scan in 1 week 6 days :) :happydance:

2nd trimester today! Still haven't accepted that I'm actually pregnant lol 🙈

Great scan Meditteranean!

I'm jealous of your bump KitteyKat!

I still look like I've eaten too much mac and cheese but no bump for me! I'm in this weird limbo where my pants are uncomfortable by the end of the day but I'm not quite big enough to really fit into maternity pants without having to pull them up frequently, lol!

Well had my 12 week scan on Friday, all perfect baby was very active, turns out we couple days further on so my due date is now 14th Oct

trying to work out how to attach my scan pic???

Attachments

• IMG_3973.jpg
    IMG_3973.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 8
Amanda, I think we started off with the same due date (16th), and after moving around a few times, my 12 week scan settled on the 14th as my official due date too :)

Lovely scan pics everyone!

Orglethorp, how you getting on with work? I hope they've stopped pestering you!

I've got a bit of a bump but I don't think I've 'popped' yet... I think stuff has just been squished upwards and I look like I've got one hell of a beer belly!! Looking forward to having the bump round out a little bit. Anyone here started feeling anything yet... I can't wait, need the reassurance!

Mrs B cant believe we are back to being the same due date :)

We told our daughter on Friday after the scan and as you can see from the picture she was over the moon

Attachments

• announcement.jpg
    announcement.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
Aww, what a fab picture!!

She was truly over the moon when we told her, and every morning since she has gotten up and lifted my top to "check on the baby" and give my belly a little kiss so is so sweet hope it lasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->