• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October Testing Party (cont. from Mid-End of Sept. thread) - Join Me!

Emilie - I know how you feel, I'm in quite a crying mood, friend and came round with her kids and was explaining everything and almost started bawling. Vent on here if you need to. Sometimes a good cry helps.

Congrats jd

I am just frustrated. Besides theses boards I have a few select people who know I am ttc. But the ones who know always seem to think they know how you feel. When they never really had to try more than a couple of months. I will be talking with someone about trying to have a baby and they said I know how you feel I am trying for number 8 and it is hard because the others came so easily. I just want to sit there and cry. I don't have one and I have been trying since March of 2013. I really want to say you don't know how I truly feel because you have 6,7,8, or 9 kids and never really had to try. I don't know does it make me a "witch"? I know there is other circumstances that I would be more sympathetic with like if it was their first one together. But it isn't. I know if I tell them how I feel I may lose them as a friend but I can't take them constantly talking about how hard it is for them. Ever since ttc I lose friends because I can't handle the negativity or them not truly understanding. I see so many woman on here that have tried for months or years for baby # 1,2, or 3 and it upsets me when these other people in our lives come along and don't have any regard on what we are really going through but think they do on what little information they have.

Ladies I'm scared, so you know how normally AF is thick a clumpy and has a distinct odor? Well my spotting Is bright red, no clumps, and smells like iron doesn't smell like AF.... What's going on? Would it help if I posted a photo of it?

lizlovelust, I'm no doctor, but I will asume the iron smell will be normal since we do have iron in our blood.
are you taking any supplements?

EmilieBrianne, sorry you are feeling so frustrated, its good to vent and let it all out.

Emilie - when you've been trying for so long as time passes you just become less and less tolerant of others. I think it does affect friendships, and definitely if you haven't struggled with fertility then they can't understand the pain, frustration and fear. I haven't been trying for as long but almost, we started trying June 2013. I have a son, and perhaps people think it won't hurt so much to fail cycle after cycle, month after month but it does. At the moment I'm faced with a friend being pregnant with number 2 after saying she didn't want another and it happening without her trying...she's been my friend since we were kids but I feel like I can't handle being around her. I feel bad but the thought of it makes me want to cry, her announcement sent me into a pit of despair. It's awful that I feel like I don't want to be near her but it how I feel right now. I hope it changes and I start feeling better.

Have you thought about trying a natural therapy, I think I'm going to try reflexology.

Lizlovelust - I'm really not sure, I've not experienced it myself. Have you tested??

Xx

lizlovelust, I'm no doctor, but I will asume the iron smell will be normal since we do have iron in our blood.
are you taking any supplements?

Leti, it's not what AF normally smells like though... AF normally smells well, kinda gross smell lol and this is more of an irony not normal kind of smell. It doesn't smell bad just odd.

Cookie- haven't tested recently as I am trying to hold off as long as I can as I'm so tired of all the BFN's over the years :dohh:

Emilie - when you've been trying for so long as time passes you just become less and less tolerant of others. I think it does affect friendships, and definitely if you haven't struggled with fertility then they can't understand the pain, frustration and fear. I haven't been trying for as long but almost, we started trying June 2013. I have a son, and perhaps people think it won't hurt so much to fail cycle after cycle, month after month but it does. At the moment I'm faced with a friend being pregnant with number 2 after saying she didn't want another and it happening without her trying...she's been my friend since we were kids but I feel like I can't handle being around her. I feel bad but the thought of it makes me want to cry, her announcement sent me into a pit of despair. It's awful that I feel like I don't want to be near her but it how I feel right now. I hope it changes and I start feeling better.

Have you thought about trying a natural therapy, I think I'm going to try reflexology.

Lizlovelust - I'm really not sure, I've not experienced it myself. Have you tested??

Xx

I haven't tried natural therapy. You have been trying for a while too. It bothers me when they say things like it has been a month or two and I am still not pregnant. It's not necessarily how many kids they have and trying. Maybe it does bother me when they are trying for like number 5 or more. But I am completely sympathetic if they truly have tried for a long time and not just a month or two. I didn't have an af for two years and was told I would never have kids. But then it came back and I started trying right away. I know I can get pregnant because I have had two chemicals it just so happens that the timing wasn't right health wise for me and it cause the missed miscarriages but I am back on track. It sucks having pcos and endometriosis and trying to get pregnant. It does hurt when you fail cycle after cycle. Especially when You try for so long. I completely understand that.

Thanks ! I hope so too. I am going to get the expensive OPK and start testing on Cycle day 9.

- Emilie- I am sorry you are having a rough day, Now that AF showed for me I feel like bursting into tears also. I have been trying for 2 years.. Well not trying as hard as I can but still was not on BC and having regular sex without protection with my husband. I kinda feel your pain. I do have a 6 year old daughter which I do feel blessed to have 1, but I am now ready to have another one and I don't understand this. I know everything happens for a reason. Just gotta stay positive and keep on keepin on :)

Cookie- yeah i was looking into possibly doing acupuncture too as i heard it helps. Hopefully something good happens for you soon. It sucks when we dont get the ting we want most.

Babygirl, I'm so sorry about AF. My last two cycles she has shown way early and only stayed a couple of days. I had myself thoroughly convinced I was still pregnant despite the bleed and tested several more times and as late as 21dpo. I hope that this new month goes better for you. Come join us on the November board when you're ready. It is perfectly fine to grieve this month and be sad and mad and all of that. P.S. I feel bad for pushing you to test....so sorry.

Cookie, it is still early. Hopefully that white window will fill with a line soon...FX

Emilie, I'm so sorry that things seem to be piling on lately. I didn't have to try with my first two and now, having to go month after month (and admittedly it has only been three so far) is so difficult. I cannot imagine what it must feel like for you. Please know that for a lot of us that haven't been there, we don't mean to say offensive things. I truly hope you get that sticky bfp soon and don't give up. I also know that despite the fact that I have two healthy children, thank God, I still want this third one as much as I wanted my first. That could also be the case for these women on numbers 6, 7, 8, or more. TTC is such a fragile place to be and we all need to be as understanding and loving as possible. I can't believe the things some people say like your 'friend' about you needing to stop trying and that you aren't meant to be a mom. So hurtful. :hugs: to you, and well wishes for a baby soon!

Liz, is your flow normal? How many days has it been?

mamabee- the flow isn't normal, it comes and goes. It'll be lightly spotting, then I'll go to the bathroom and the bowl is red with watery bright red blood. Normally my flow is clumpy and very heavy, this is nothing like my normal AF.... It's kinda freaking me out. I had HORRID cramps a few days ago and then the spotting started that day.

mamabee- the flow isn't normal, it comes and goes. It'll be lightly spotting, then I'll go to the bathroom and the bowl is red with watery bright red blood. Normally my flow is clumpy and very heavy, this is nothing like my normal AF.... It's kinda freaking me out. I had HORRID cramps a few days ago and then the spotting started that day.

Can you call your doctor and speak with a nurse triage line?

Mamabee - I hate asking nurses and doctors, I feel like all they think about us TTCers is that we are crazy....I guess if it doesn't stop I'll schedule an appointment...

Mamabee - I hate asking nurses and doctors, I feel like all they think about us TTCers is that we are crazy....I guess if it doesn't stop I'll schedule an appointment...

I know, but if this is out of the ordinary for you, you should probably at least have a consult about it. I'm not a doctor, but I'd hate for you to let something go that should be looked at.

Babygirl, I'm so sorry about AF. My last two cycles she has shown way early and only stayed a couple of days. I had myself thoroughly convinced I was still pregnant despite the bleed and tested several more times and as late as 21dpo. I hope that this new month goes better for you. Come join us on the November board when you're ready. It is perfectly fine to grieve this month and be sad and mad and all of that. P.S. I feel bad for pushing you to test....so sorry.

Cookie, it is still early. Hopefully that white window will fill with a line soon...FX

Emilie, I'm so sorry that things seem to be piling on lately. I didn't have to try with my first two and now, having to go month after month (and admittedly it has only been three so far) is so difficult. I cannot imagine what it must feel like for you. Please know that for a lot of us that haven't been there, we don't mean to say offensive things. I truly hope you get that sticky bfp soon and don't give up. I also know that despite the fact that I have two healthy children, thank God, I still want this third one as much as I wanted my first. That could also be the case for these women on numbers 6, 7, 8, or more. TTC is such a fragile place to be and we all need to be as understanding and loving as possible. I can't believe the things some people say like your 'friend' about you needing to stop trying and that you aren't meant to be a mom. So hurtful. :hugs: to you, and well wishes for a baby soon!

I understand them wanting the baby as much as the others and I know of them have to try for every baby and I know that it is hard. But when when they don't really have to try for them and then say we don't understand what they were going through they have been trying for a month or two that is what upsets me. I don't know maybe I am being extra sensitive today.

Thank you MamaBee :) How do I join the November thread?:dohh:
And don't feel bad :) I was planning on testing today anyway :)

So I took a test, well two, the cheapie was bfn but the other one I think I see a faint line? Anyone else see it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back