Off topic, thread closing m[o/u]mmies!

Llamas are ridiculous looking creatures.

Yay, so glad Mason is recovering well x x x

You lot crack me up. This thread has many a time made me laugh out loud.

Lind- its usually a 1st time mother thing. We are competitive creatures by nature. By the time the 2nd and 3rd children roll around we tend to lose interest in milestones.

I lost interest in milestones 1st time round! I've never been the competitive type, I just can't be arsed.....I have a couple of friends that are into running & they're always going on like "well I ran 100miles in 10mins" etc, I'm just like "well, while you were doing that I sat on my arse, watching a film & managed to eat a tin of chocs in 5mins flat, whoohoo go me"

Good for you Spunky.. :dance:

Jessica- My SIL has three other kids... so while it might be true many times.. not always. I think my SIL does it to try to fit in. I try to keep that in mind- but for awhile I had a really hard time with it..

THURSDAY, Jan. 26 (HealthDay News) -- The rate of home births in the United States has made a dramatic upturn since 2004, reversing a trend of decline throughout the 1990s, government health officials said Thursday.

Births taking place outside of the traditional hospital setting increased 29 percent between 2004 and 2009, from 0.56 percent of all births to 0.72 percent -- almost 30,000 births -- according to a new report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"The increase has been driven by non-Hispanic white women," said lead report author Marian MacDorman, a statistician at CDC's National Center for Health Statistics. "For non-Hispanic white women, home births increased 36 percent."

Although it isn't clear why the rate is increasing, MacDorman thinks it has a lot to do with individual preference.

"A lot of women really like the idea of home birth because they want a lower-intervention birth. A lot of women are worried about higher C-section rates and other types of intervention that happen once you go to the hospital," she said.

The report uses data from the National Vital Statistics System, Natality Data Files for 1990 to 2009, which include all births in the United States, with a range of demographic and health information on mothers and their infants.

I know some of my SILs have had kids at home (non-hispanic whit women). I think one did it because she had a bad experience in the hospital and it was her 5th or 6th kid, so I;m sure they slid out easier and I think the other did it cause she had no health insurance and no $ and it was her 3rd and 4th

I like drugs and the possibility of intervention if needed.

I like drugs.

Just, you know, in general, I like them.

Ok, I asked in Postnatal support but only got one reply.

Do any of you feel like you have to pass gas with initial penetration in sex? I think it would ruin the mood so I tense up. Once we get going the feeling passes.

I think that it was interesting. I wouldn't want to deliver at home because like you ladies, I wanted meds (which messed my back up) and the feeling that someone could intervene if something went wrong was nice. Especially since I had GD.

Spunks, I get that feeling. Sometimes it happens :haha:

Did you ladies see that Leah from Teen Mom miscarried? :nope: so sad.

I am thankful that so far I have not had a miscarriage. I can't even imagine how someone would feel if they did have one. I hope she's ok...

I didn't used to have the feeling, that's why I was asking! Thanks whit!

I didn't use to have that feeling either. Look what our babies have done to us.

I can't imagine that feeling, either. Makes my heart go out to the ones who have gone through it. :flower:

Question- who are the moderators? I mean, how did they become moderators?

Hah! I was just wondering! There are quite a few so I wondered if it was a hobby or whether it's an actual job?!

Jessica- I don't know.. do they apply or are they former members?

All that power would go to my head.. I'd just start banning other members because I don't like their avatars or because of how I think they might sound on the phone.... and if you don't like llamas... you're screwed. So basically, there would be like 20 people left on the BnB.

I'm kidding.. kinda:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"