Official October Team Bumpkins

Its arrived!!! Had a little go but couldnt pick anything up, it does say that the evening is the best time to try when your own body sounds are quieter so will prob wait and try again in bed tonite!

Yay :) When you use it try tilting it down towards your hoo hoo as the womb at our stage is still about an inch below the belly button. Mine likes to go hide in the right side of my womb by my hip. I found her pretty much right away the first time I used it. When I used it later that day to record the heatbeat it took me 15 minutes because each time I found her she moved!

I've found its *really* sensitive and even a slight movement and loose it. I think practice makes perfect. (amazes me how the OB finds it so quick! lol)

Good luck :)

I think they will tell you if they can see at the 20 week scan, they wont go out of their way to find out if the baby is in a funny position or if the cord is between the legs (which is what happened to my sister). With my 2nd i asked straight away when i went in and the sonographer told me that this scan was for checking measurements and abnormalities if she can she then she would tell me. Felt guilty for asking then!

Ive decided not to pay for one as im going to get lots of scans after my 20 week one so lots of opportunity to tell the sex :)

My OB said the next scan for me would be 28 weeks. I have an appointment with him next wednesday so I'm going to ask him if I can get a gender scan done ... I mean ... I pay for it right? (grr America and its non NHS lol) so I think I'm entitled to ask for it. Failing that we'll be doing a private gender scan and then a 4D about 24 weeks.

My OB said our next scan would be week 28 but at my next appointment I'm going to ask for a ealier gender scan with in the next few weeks. I mean I pay my insurance so I think I have that right (I wish we had the NHS here!)

Failing that a private gender scan here is about 80 bucks, then we'll do the 4D one about 24 weeks.

I think they will tell you if they can see at the 20 week scan, they wont go out of their way to find out if the baby is in a funny position or if the cord is between the legs (which is what happened to my sister). With my 2nd i asked straight away when i went in and the sonographer told me that this scan was for checking measurements and abnormalities if she can she then she would tell me. Felt guilty for asking then!

Ive decided not to pay for one as im going to get lots of scans after my 20 week one so lots of opportunity to tell the sex :)

Ah, I see...yes, I have heard of the baby being the reason, then, so that makes more sense. I think I am just lucky that they schedule pretty lengthy scans where I go, and they seem to realize that aside from knowing things are ok, we all just want to know what we're having! LOL...measurement, shmeasurement...just make sure all looks healthy. I forgot about the NHS, too. Since my LO has not cooperated so well for the other scans(needed a little poking around to get the right shots) I would not be surprised if I end up at 30 weeks not knowing!

hi ladies, just popping in cos i am feeling a lot better today :happydance:
in fact ive been more like spongebob square pants on acid :rofl::rofl::rofl: so hyper, im hoping i dont get all upset again tonight.

anyone else got a really swimmy baby yet? im sure mines a bloody gymnast :rofl::rofl: can feel him moving a lot.

And i have decided to find out the sex at my scan if they let me :happydance:

:hugs: and thanks for last night, sorry about the stezz :blush:

Hiya mer, glad you are feeling better today :hugs:

I keep feeling little wriggles but not all the time .. I love it :cloud9:

Well girls just incase you didnt see my thread, my nuchal scan and blood result came today and the chances of bubba having something wrong is........... 1 in 10,000 :wohoo:

Right i am offski to feed my cheese craving lol! chat soon xxxx

Well girls just incase you didnt see my thread, my nuchal scan and blood result came today and the chances of bubba having something wrong is........... 1 in 10,000 :wohoo:

aww thats wonderful hun :cloud9:

wow you two feeling bubs moving already! I cant wait to feel something!

Glad your results came back good baby.love :happydance:

xx

GREAT news! Now go enjoy your cheese:mrgreen:

Morning Ladies...

I'm really feeling more positive about most things this morning... Still groggy as I've not long got outta bed and had breakie (Yoghurt and cornflakes - Yummy and doesn't come back up like the milk did) I'm not sure what's brought this change about, I guess I don't really care as long his feeling stays for a while.

I'm still not up to doing much, I did some ironing yesterday morning as I'm trying to set myself at least 1 task to complete. As we're all here at my parents there's plenty to do; I managed about 2 hours of ironing and ended up having to go back to bed from 2.30 and slept until 4.30. Woke up really outta it, and still ended up in bed by 9pm ready for zzzzzzzzzzzzing again??

My mothercare order arrived yesterday; my reuasble nappies arrived (newborn) size, they're so small; made Dad laugh although he'd never seen anything like them. He thought they were a good idea as they're not as bulky as terry nappies. Mum said I'd need to borrow one of the kids dolls to get OH to try putting them on too. I'm really pleased with them...

Have a lovely day ladies

Good Morning ladies,
I'm just sneaking over here as I'm 13 weeks today. Could you please keep my space open until next Tuesday when we've been for our scan.....seems like I've been waiting yonks for it....but it's nearly here!! :happydance:
Hope you're all keeping well. Sounds like we all are.....first tri has been very quiet recently since nearly everyone has moved over!
See you Tuesday girls! xx

Hi Ladies :wave:
Decided to come over a day early...1st tri is quite and Ive had 4 scans since 6 weeks, so we are confident all is ok. Had our 12 week scan a week ago now.
So Hi!!!
My next scan is 1st June

Welcome to 2nd tri Honey :happydance: we have our 20 week scan on same day :D xxx

Mornin' Girls n Bumps,

4 months today! w00t :happydance:

Wow I feel better this morning. I fell in to bed at 10pm and slept till 630am, only waking up once to pee. Amazing what a bit of sleep does for the soul lol.
I'd still rather not be at work today as it supposed to be in the 70's today and its so lovely and spring like out. It's 7.16am at the moment and the sun looks So pretty out there.
Not long now and it will be in the 70s at 7am lol. Gotta love the NC summer!

So I was driving to get some lunch yesterday and promptly got booted 3 times in the gut! It made me totally jump as I was not expecting it. It was like 3 strong flicks just about an inch below my tummybutton, slightly to the left. Was pretty awesome. I stuck the doppler on when I got home and sure enough, there she was .. in that exact spot lol. I think I'm gonna have a little rascal on my hands!!

Mer ~ I'm glad you're feeling better :hug:

BabyLove ~ Yay for good news scans!

Eswift ~ Maybe a decent nights sleep made you feel better? Around 13ish weeks I started to feel not so totally exhausted. I mean I still get tired, but I can cope with it I have a nap in the afternoon.
Before the exhaustion lifted from me, I was getting up at 7am, going to work, home at 12.45, slept till 2.15pm, back to work, home by 7pm and would fall asleep on the sofa by 8pm, crawl to bed by 9 and sleep right thru till 7am lol. The husband almost starved to death ;)

aimee-lou ~ Consider a place saved!

HoneySunshine ~ What is your due date please? So I can update the due date list on the first post. Thankies.

Ok time to get my 4 month bump (tee hee hee!) bump ready for work. Have a great day everyone.

I'm hoping that it is a great night sleep that helped, I've a long day ahead. :blush:

I'm going to try to catch up with a friend that I've not een for quite a while; feel as though I' starting to neglect her. :hugs:I've done not very much today.

I put the push chair back together today, it's really clean and look like new. Only thing is I've ended up with is lots of tassles ith poppers on the end that seem to go nowhere. Guess I'll hae to get OH to have a look when he gets home. Rather baffled me.:rofl::rofl:

Took Car seat to bits and have watched all that lot, at least there's no tassels with poppers on..:rofl::rofl:

Feels like an age since I've posted here. I haven't read through many posts to catch up on people's news but just needed to type. I have been so tired. The tiredness seemed to hit me last week.

The saddest thing has happened. My one-eyed tabby kitten who we rescued last summer - was run-over last night. It happened outside my house. My neighbour woke me up around half midnight. I'm totally devastated. He was such a great cat, so affectionate and loving.

I know this sounds stupid but I can't stop being upset about it. I think the additional hormones have sent me a bit do-lally. I was sent home from work this morning so have slept now. Most of all I don't want to harm the baby. I know he was only a cat.

But I can't stop crying and it's really hard... :cry:

Neon Im sorry to hear about your cat, I would be absolutely devastated if something happened to one of my 3 kitties. My OH says oh they're just a cat but they're like my babies.
:hug::hug::hug:

Im sorry Neon :( dont worry, you wont harm bubs by being upset.

:hugs: xx

Hiya I am coming in here tomorrow from 1st Tri! :happydance: I'm due on 23rd October. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->