Official October Team Bumpkins

Thank you baby.love :hugs:

Ooh, Chaos, could you update my stork on the front page please, when you get a chance!

I think we're still outnumbered by the blues though :rofl:

Afternoon all, had to have a nap this afternoon after doing some gardening. OH has been great and cut all the side and front lawn. Tey hadnt been done for months and was like a jungle.

Also went out for a ride on our new brox which is kind of like a rickshaw. Gosh we are a quirky couple :rofl:

Eala..awwwwww lovely!

Just had to come on and tell of another ebay bargain..just won 5 brand new breastflow bottles for 99p and they are 2 mins away from me so will collect them! I know these bottles were/are being given away when you sent them an email but I couldn't get onto their website for some reason and they wouldn't have sent me 5 of them! Ive read reviews on them and they seem to be really good for alternating between breast and bottle (I will be expressing so hubby can have a go feeding too) That reminds me..the seller of my medela breast pump dropped it roun for me this afternoon and it's in excellent condition,everything in its box. She says she used it a few times only. I'll be sterillizing it myself before I use it anyway.

Ive just got what i think is a bargain too. 24 little lamb nappies, some wraps and liners...... thats a few hundred quid new, but got them at a great price so im all :happydance:

Although really I need to be buying some bras as im in agony in the ones I have now.

Im looking for breast pumps, ive heard the medela pumps are great, aren't they the brand hospitals use?

Morning all, well this is my last couple of days here till i move over!!! cant believe it, so i really would like to thank everyone for all your support xxxx

Aww Sam :hugs: but dont worry we will all be creeping over slowly :)

Maffie Yes hun Medela are said to be the best ones, i have the Medela swing :)

Morning all, well this is my last couple of days here till i move over!!! cant believe it, so i really would like to thank everyone for all your support xxxx

Sam this will stay as the Bumpkins thread for the 3rd also, so we aint got to start a new one, thats why it was moved to "Pregnancy club"

I'm moving to the 3rd on Thursday also. :)

Congratulations Eala....a lovely little girl and another pink stork! :happydance:

Good afternoon ladies. I've had a funny few days. I've been feeling really dooby-down with everything going on at work, people's comments about the pregnancy and money worries. It all came out yesterday and I spent this morning in tears on hubby telling him exactly what was wrong.....

I don't know whether anyone else has found this but I keep getting people making comments about me being pregnant and how it's 'not what they expected' or how 'it will slow me down' with my career. My best friend is currently applying to do her MA and we had both said we wanted to do this. She actually said 'well at least one of us is carrying on with our lives.' It upset me so much....I just wish that people would just be happy for us. If it's not this, it's my mother sayign she can't wait to 'get a hold of the baby'. Every time she calls it's to talk about my bump, or how when she was pregnant its was like this. Without sounding callous, I don't actually care.

Add to that the whole bullying thing at work, and the fact that I'm now on half pay until my maternity leave kicks in, so money is tight now, I'd basically got to rock bottom. I think I need that holiday we're going on in 2 weeks (thankfully it's all paid for! :happydance:)

Sorry to put a downer on the day girls! I just needed to let it all out.

I also got a few ebay bargains through today. I bought a brand new, in the packet cardigan for £2 which arrived today. It's so lovely and soft. The nightlights also arrived and they work....bonus!

Right, I'm off to go and put the ironing away. I'll be on later on.

Have a good afternoon. xx

:hugs: AimeeLou

Ive also got a problem at work..not with anybody there,it's the work..our hours have been slashed again to save the greedy company some more money for their big fat bonus. Its a hard physical job..I do housekeeping in a hotel..cleaning rooms,making beds ect...it was tough to start with,nevermind doing it whilst almost 6months pregnant and now Ive gone in this morning to be told we have to do the same amount of work but in much less time!!! Its sooo hot in the hotel, I have hayfever so feel bloody awful most of the time and I just cannot physically do my job any faster than I already do!! Its already touch n go as to wether I'll be getting any maternity pay due to hours lost in the last few weeks (might not have a high enough average wage to qualify!) A work friend has advised me to go see my doctor,tell him I can't do what there asking of me anymore,see if I can be signed off sick,untill maternity pay would start, if it starts!! What Im wondering though is, does a doctor need to see some kind of evidence, and if I get sick pay, will I then not get maternity pay?

Eala - Congrats on the little girl!

helz81 - waht a nightmare, sounds like you need to be off. I'm not sure the in's and outs of sick pay and maternity pay etc but as you said the work you do is hard enought anyway, they can't keep demanding more and more off of you like that. :hugs:

aimee-lou - Its good you had a vent! It's amazing how you hear about people saying nasty things to pregnant women, at least you know in yourself that your life won't stop. I have a friend wanting to do a Masters next year, she had a baby a few months before starting a degree in 2006 and she stuck with it, it's not impossible, its just about finding the right timing for you, I am suspending on a course so I can spend time with my LO - i'm know I will get back to it eventually, time with my LO is more important right now as I can't get that time back whereas other things can be done anytime. Lots of big :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: for you.

I am a bit freaked about my MIL, I feel bad as I know she is excited about her first grandchild, but I need to make sure that me, OH & LO have some space too as I know she would be here 24/7 if she could!

I missed out on a potential bargin at the carboot yesterday, was after one of these, we don't know what the sex is but my OH want to redecorate it anyway so I don't want a brand new one. The OH races so he wants to make the LO a minature version of his own race car. We were running a stall ourselves (to clear out all the crap in the house and make space) but by the time I had got back to stand the car had gone. :hissy: Oh well!!
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414IBiUMSIL._SX315_SY375_PImothercare25percentoff,BottomRight,-10,-10_SX315_SY375_.jpg

I'm off work today as the weather has finally beaten me, well the pollen. I was supposed to be watching some student take an exam but I think my heavy breathing, sneezing, itching and other unpleasent hayfever symptons would have put them off a bit. I usually have to drink cold water to help but that means increased loo visits! I want to do some :hangwashing: but at the same time I don't want to set my hayfever off even more. I feel bad being off tho as my OH has done a full days shift today so I feel guily I am at home sitting on my bum. We went to the carboot at 4am yesterday and he normally gets up to go to work at 2am anyway so its been like a 6 day week for him. It wouldn't have been so bad but I helped my sis out last night and she couldn't leave until 10pm, it was more my nefews who were being super giddy but you can't blame them. So we missed out on some much needed catch up sleep. I hope he doesnt mind the house still being a wreck but I feel like I walked 26 miles or something and movement is not on the agenda!

Sorry for the essay! :blush:

Thanks everyone! I know what you mean Kte - we have a plan that my hubby will be going to University for 4 years to do his teaching degree from next year. I will be going ot do my MA after that....I actually want to lecture so will not be taken seriously until I'm 30+ anyway so why not wait and do it when I'm in a position to follow it whole-heartedly without taking a break.

I got so frustrated as people feel theneed to judge. No-one has said anything like this hubby and he was shocked that I had had comments like this. His family, friends and work-mates are all really supportive and know that it's the right time for us without question. I don't understand how two families can be so different in their outlook (my Dad has even asked me outright if we had planned it and if I'm actually happy or just putting upa front because I'm stuck!)

Sorry....I'll be quiet now! :rofl: I feel a lot better today and I'm looking at getting some more Maternity clothes for my holiday to cheer myself up! :rofl:

Sorry to hear you missed out on the car. There will be a better one coming aong soon! :hugs:

Afternoon all, gosh im hot, I have the thinnest top on ever and its still feels like its sticking to me. Not doing much today other than eat :blush:

Been trying to find sleep suits with hands and feet in but cant find any :hissy: My mum swore by them. Also looks like the soon to be ex wife will be knowing about this pregnancy soon as solicitor thinks its right time to disclose this info. I can imagine some stressful times this week.

Excited though as another scan Wednesday afternoon and if I get out early enough we are off to the cinema afterwards to see My sisters keeper. I think having some 'date nights' is really helping us

Maffie...what about these?

https://www.mothercare.com/Bright-J...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

I've just seen some with giraffes on.....got to be done I'm afraid!! :rofl:

:hugs: on the stress.....just try to let it wash over you. It doesn't concern her at all. And enjoy the date nights. Hubby and I are trying to go out once a fortnight....even if it's just for an ice-cream and a walk in the woods....to spend some time together. I think it does wonders and makes you really close. We're off to the cinema on Wed (2 for 1!! :happydance:) too - going to see Public Enemies.....Mmmmm Johnny Depp!:rofl::blush:

Thanks everyone! I know what you mean Kte - we have a plan that my hubby will be going to University for 4 years to do his teaching degree from next year. I will be going ot do my MA after that....I actually want to lecture so will not be taken seriously until I'm 30+ anyway so why not wait and do it when I'm in a position to follow it whole-heartedly without taking a break.

I got so frustrated as people feel theneed to judge. No-one has said anything like this hubby and he was shocked that I had had comments like this. His family, friends and work-mates are all really supportive and know that it's the right time for us without question. I don't understand how two families can be so different in their outlook (my Dad has even asked me outright if we had planned it and if I'm actually happy or just putting upa front because I'm stuck!)

Sorry....I'll be quiet now! :rofl: I feel a lot better today and I'm looking at getting some more Maternity clothes for my holiday to cheer myself up! :rofl:

Sorry to hear you missed out on the car. There will be a better one coming aong soon! :hugs:

Thanks, I hope one does!

Sounds like you have a good plan! Wishing you the best of luck with it all.

It really surprises me at your family as your married - normally people just expect you to have kids and that's it! Glad your feeling better tho.

Happy shopping :)

https://www.mothercare.com/Bright-J...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

:hugs: on the stress.....just try to let it wash over you. It doesn't concern her at all. And enjoy the date nights. Hubby and I are trying to go out once a fortnight....even if it's just for an ice-cream and a walk in the woods....to spend some time together. I think it does wonders and makes you really close. We're off to the cinema on Wed (2 for 1!! :happydance:) too - going to see Public Enemies.....Mmmmm Johnny Depp!:rofl::blush:

Need mitts on them.... lol I am fussy aren't I. Its my mum's fault she said babies pull scratch mitts off and put them in their mouths.

The description with the bundlers says that they have integral scratch mits. I will keep looking for some sleep suits for you.

Need mitts on them.... lol I am fussy aren't I. Its my mum's fault she said babies pull scratch mitts off and put them in their mouths.

Speaking of cinema..it's hubbys birthday tommorow so were going to see Transformers 2 with the kids after school,and then probs go for a meal somewhere..prob pizza hut cos I just lurrrrve pizza at the mo!!
Ive not been in long from picking kids up from school,and just from sitting in the car and then standing in the playground waiting for them to come out I got soooo hot sweaty and uncomfortable. Absolutley HATING this weather..wish it would fcking snow!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->